What is your most wanted feature for the new TLPs?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aiona, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Aiona Augur

While there is a lot of speculation on what the new TLP servers will be, all we know at this point is that there will be "one hardcore and one ultra-casual" server (two in total).

Since the decision on the server rules have not been set yet, we still have time to voice our opinions on the features we most want to see for the new servers. So let our voices be heard!

I'll start and keep it simple with my most wanted feature being that both of these servers will be time-locked NOT vote locked progression. I would love to, for once, follow a server progression all the way through without getting vote locked (not that my server was locked previously, I just want to be sure).

Please try to keep the 'nay-saying' out of this thread as there are plenty of others already created for that type of discussion. Thanks!
  2. Machentoo Augur

Thanks for the encouragement. People were keeping quiet about what they want on the new TLP's, till now.
    Nolrog, Mashef, Lowlife and 4 others like this.
  3. PodofWater Journeyman

For Myself, time locked at Luclin, just cause its my favorite expansion. I know it will never happen but for specific travel classes. it would give them permanent transportation viability, yeah I know that isn't all they are about. I just would like to see it though ;)

EDIT: just wanted to add if it were not to be locked at Luclin, then biggest feature for me is Don't Add PoK stones.... just a thought
    Vindaven likes this.
  4. Aiona Augur

I agree that would be a fun server to play on if you were a porting class!
  5. PodofWater Journeyman

Thanks! Or even not adding the PoK stones would give it a whole new dynamic. I just felt that Wizards and Druids get these spells and so early in the game are not really 100% useful after Plane of Knowledge Hub...
  6. TLP Addict Augur

I've said a few times in the 100 odd threads about what ppl want in a TLP...

All
    Clases
    Available
    At
    Start

Whether that means starting the server with all xpacs up to GoD open or simply spawning some trainers and spell merchants in classic I'm not too fussed.

They regularly change NPCs to spawn or not spawn as required so I don't think it's beyond their ability or overly time consuming.

Just make enable the 2 classes and enable the Trainers for them in all classic cities, for Iksar or Vah Shir they can wait until the applicable expac.

Do I think it's easily achievable: Yes
    Do I think it's likely: Not really
    Mashef likes this.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our education, like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should—our education over here in the U. S. should help the U. S., uh, or, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq, and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children.
    Hamedan and andross77 like this.
  8. PodofWater Journeyman

I have a question regarding the all classes at start. how would you address that some classes are dependant on deity and lore? yes EQ has lore that is very deep. so I am curious, not because I think its a bad idea. I am just wondering how it would fit in?
  9. Aiona Augur

All classes available at start? I would like to see them pull that off!

I don't think it would be that difficult as far as game mechanics go, but it would be interesting to see 'how' they would implement that. :)
  10. Kahna Augur

Ignore the lore.
  11. Mestops12 Lorekeeper

Remove keys/flags from DZs but keep them for OW

This will give casual players the ability to see all the content in era while still providing an incentive for the competitive guilds to progress correctly.
    Thalliius likes this.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

rofl, right... is anyone's immersion at stake here with the 20th anniversary celebrating another annual trek through Norrath?
  13. Nuther Augur

I'd like to see coin weight added back in.
    Breaker, Liliun and SweetLaxTho like this.
  14. Hamshire Augur

a battle royal mode
  15. snailish Augur

I think Phinny showed us that one feature doesn't make or break it:

Truebox is a big deal to some, but Phinny wouldn't be as popular if it had otherwise been identical to Ragefire.

Yet, some would totally go for Phinny with 6 month unlocks.

Others would take Phinny with no truebox as ideal.

Voting has been a fail and/or pointless and should never be used again. Clear schedule and rules dictated by the dev team's wisdom. Play it or leave it.

Some really want free trade loot. I can take it or leave it on a super-casual server (that lives up to that name) though I would prefer it. However, free trade loot won't get me on a racing-unlock server even though I think they should offer one.

They could make my perfect server in every respect, but if they flag it PVP I wouldn't even login. (and I love PVP in other games).
  16. Lucky Charms Journeyman

MOTM on every mob, bosses have multiple and random boss mechanics from other bosses in the same era. And named mobs have random boss mechanics.
  17. PodofWater Journeyman

The thing about true box server that bugs me is the fact I have a small desk and stacking three computers, monitors, keyboards... is a royal P.I.T.A. as for Phinny I haven't been on that server in ages and didn't realize its still popular. On a super casual server regardless, I just want a fresh start with a ton of time to master all skills and not have to bloody worry about being at the top in 3 months just to be in the loop for the first expansion. "6 Months" per expansion even with my schedule of 24/7/365 I rather see an 8 month unlock. Boxing in itself is not my thing and I do not enjoy the Merc system at all. But I will be "Soloing" a Rogue. I am working on the type of style I need to do it on Agnarr. Will it work out? hmm guess ill have to keep playing to find out! ;)
    snailish likes this.
  18. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Add in a /ignore function that stops me from seeing all messages from the person's entire account not just his/her character name.

Thanks
    A EQ Tunnel trader
    Brawl, Renshu, Xhartor and 2 others like this.
  19. Rexxy Journeyman

Unlimited 40 slot bag purchase per account
    Gremin likes this.
  20. Vindaven Elder

TrueBox or something even more strict to make it as hard as possible for boxers: Yes
    Agent of Change: Yes
    Mark of the Mighty: Yes
    Agnarr or better exp rate
    All classes at start
    PvP: No
    ~4 months per expansion
    Never add Plane of Knowledge stones
    Tradable items like FV
    Getting rid of Epic bottleneck issues

in about that order