The Case for FV-style TLP.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Quill, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Jontrann Augur

This, its so damn simple.
  2. snailish Augur

Free trade (we don't want language rules etc. from FV)
    at least Agnarr XP (higher is worth a try)
    rest as per Phinny is fine, but they could try a trilogy opening with 6 months to do it then go 3 month.
  3. Ceffener Augur

That’s my vote, worked on my SHD 1.5 and 2.0 and ornament quest (which I swear is longer than the epics), and every old world boss is permanently camped by someone who is afk. It’s annoying and not like the loot matters, make the AoC have lower drop rates, I don’t care. I was here 4 years ago when casuals were told they don’t deserve to kill dragons....well things changed and those changes should be brought to live.

Real question though...why did you waste plat on any raid gear at such a low level? Just wearing TBM group gear/augs my 3 box team (85) shredded HoT upper tier named. Hell my SHD basically soloed all of Anquish for 2.0, Cleric was there just for the DT heal. Really I think the 7K autogranted AA makes a bigger difference than the couple 100 hp a slot I could have by moving to TBM raid gear. 105-110 I can see buying the gear for sure though.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  4. TheTone Elder

I think this would be kind of interesting - but more of a gimmick server.

Based on the handful of guilds I've been in on Ragefire, Phinny, and Agnarr, not too many people really are very interested in blazing thru the old xpacs with the intention of playing on live at the end. Most people just want to keep replaying the old stuff. Your experiences may vary.

I suspect the next TLP will largely follow the Phinny/Coirnav formula deviating with perhaps EoK/Velious unlocked at opening and maybe FV style loot. I'd personally come back for something like that.

The icing on the cake would be something, anything, to just shake the game up a bit - randomize some loot drops, switch up some spells, add AAs before SoL - a boy can dream.

I'd probably play your proposed server for a bit tho - would be nice to feel what its like to roll around in BiS gear for a few expacs.
  5. Quill Augur

I've been going from Level 1 just for fun and not really concerned about rushing max level. Right now.. i'm at like 76 on the War, 75 on the Shaman. I think the only 'Pricey' thing I bought was an Allin's Mace for 8.5k which was a hell of a deal imo. Pretty much most stuff has been under 2K, and I was able to toss the Shaman quite a bit of raid gear @74 bought at 100p-200p per in the Baz, so i'm not exactly breaking the bank to do it.

The initial plat I got from some Bags of Platinum off the Loyalty Vendor. Haven't had to use Krono. Even then, farming an area like Vald for fun, I got 10K plat from vendor trash.

Either way, being able to drop Fero, Cleave, 45% haste, and half-way decent weaponry on the Warrior is *not* a small upgrade to capability. I use the options available and the Raid Gear hasn't been expensive.

Warrior aint SK. The right key gear in the right slots makes a big difference, and if you can catch deals... why not?

And if you can't appeal to more than just those people, then what? You can only water down the existing populations with servers of pretty much the same type every year only so much. The entitlement on display here is nice, but I could care less about existing TLP populations and what they want. We need new TLP populations. People for whom a Phinny-clone is an easy excuse to go play something else. If you can't find a setup to appeal to them, you're simply cannibalizing yourself into extinction.
  6. jeskola pheerie

At that rate, you might as well just roll on FV
  7. Artaserse2 Elder

I agree with op.

Full FV Ruleset
    Agnarr Exp Rate
    True Box

The best thing about this idea is that it not complex. Daybreak could implement it without difficulty.
    oldkracow likes this.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

This would put the nail in the Coirnav coffin. Well I guess it would probably just throw on some more dirt actually.
  9. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

By full FV ruleset do you also mean the no common tongue and trivial loot code?
  10. Elite_raider Augur

That was removed long ago
  11. Artaserse2 Elder

Yes, that is what I meant. Obviously, the trivial loot code is long gone.

FV is the most popular of the live servers and has been for many years. Setting a FV TLP is a perfectly logical idea. I'm not suggesting using the original FV Ruleset (which is long gone anyway), just the modern ones.

Most people overcome the lack of a common language in their first 5 to 10 minutes on server. It's not a problem (& it adds favor to the server).