Coirnavprogress.com | Velious Tracking

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Miena, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Fumi-chan Augur

Please don't spread misinformation, TFC skipped Vyemm on purpose, there was no wiping. The entire night both guilds traded back and forth on kills. I don't recall a single wipe at all even though Aary got pretty interesting with the hatchlings and OT of the adds.

I get that you guys are still salty over something that happened a month ago but seriously...

[IMG]
  2. Coirnav Augur

TFC didn't kill Lord Vyemm or Lady Nev. They had no business trying to sit on Vulak's spawn after they let IV do all the hard work.

The dragons you actually killed are 20 man-able. All you did was put a target on your back so the first time you try to open raid a triggered spawn no will will have reservations about smashing you guys.
  3. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

>We should use a system that values killing Doomshade over the guild that gets the server first kill of AHR

Yah, um that is .

That said Ventani is the final boss of Velious
  4. Fumi-chan Augur

Good thing most triggered spawns can be instanced eh? But keep that tough talk up, maybe one day you'll realize what most of us already have; nobody cares. You can run around EQ and slay dragons, the fact remains this is one of the most casual TLPs to ever exist. The vast majority of players here realized that tryharding an 18 year old game is pointless when instances and splitting keep things fun and engaging for 95% of the server. But hey, you keep doing you over there, big guy! *thumbs up*
    Ryak likes this.
  5. Taliesn New Member

That's not why he was skipped - at all. You're misinformed. You certainly circled back, however. I'm sure that took some time. Considering how the timetable ended up working out, that could be viewed as a fortuitous outcome.

Again, no one was racing for anything but Vulak because no one cares about progression lists in the year of our lord 2018. Seriously, most of us big d'd this game years ago and are in no rush to poopsock, nor is anyone really saying they're #1 from said guild (I doubt anyone would make that assertion with these arbitrary measurements). At the end of the day, there was really only 1 mob of consequence on Day 1, and that mob was killed by the guild in question. If the goal was server first Vyemm or Nev, perhaps the approach would've been different.

And they did, and no one cared, as they shouldn't.

Then again, I'm arguing the point with you, so there's that. Considering you'll just move the goalposts again somehow, I'll make it my last. Point was made /shrug.
  6. Taliesn New Member

Mobs IV were under no obligation to kill, especially Nev. They knew the result and did it anyway.

There's a chasm of difference between this, and say the Ring War. That's disingenuous and you know it. This isn't the old days, when guilds that cared to race and used to just let Jorl gate for real fun. We showed up there first, and killed w/o turning it into a cluster. IV wanted jump ahead to race, made a poor tactical decision, and that was the result.
  7. Coirnav Augur

You made a tactical decision to not get your raid killed by doing Vyemm...you don't deserve Vulak.
  8. Taliesn New Member

Last I checked, we skipped it, and THEY chose to circle around and kill it. They were more than free to force US to double back for it while they did Nev. Either way, let's not pretend these paper tigers are some sort of gatekeeper to this particular loot pinata. Face the proper direction and position properly (and use a sit hotkey for Nev) and you win.
  9. Fumi-chan Augur

Seriously that's all you can say? Pretty weak reply, kinda surprised by you buddy. We did Vyemm 2 days later with zero issue. But I guess you're right, there's no way we coulda done Vyemm on launch night lol. Clearly those 2 days with a few pieces of loot were needed to overcome the monstrosity that is Vyemm, haha.

We had a plan, we executed it and it worked. Simple as that. *shrug*
  10. That0neguy Augur

You are doing it wrong.
  11. Taliesn New Member

/shrug, if he dies, he dies. Not like I have to worry about that nonsense with proper MR as a bard.
  12. Snomie Elder

It seems to me that you guys could solve all your problems by adopting the super accurate and highly respected 'average resists on magelo' metric to rank your guilds.

It is truly the only fair and balanced metric that has been approved of by the leadership of the final remaining guild on Phinny - The Wild Gangster Wave (the guild formerly known as the broken wave, ogc, wild treasures alliance).

We on Phinny have long moved to this superior metric of guild ranking.
    Boze and jeskola like this.
  13. Glykus Journeyman

Alot of big egos in this thread for a couple of guilds who came in 2nd and 3rd place.

IV2 liked losing Vulak to TFC so much that they decided to do it again a few days later against RI.

Quality guild there, i'd suggest putting in an app if you're looking for a guild who is all bark and no bite.
  14. Taliesn New Member

You realize this is a 20 year old theme park ride at this point, right? Instancing means everyone gets a spin where everything dies - the quantity of loot is effectively an afterthought. Folks stopped caring about the bragging rights when the first crew started piling into Molten Core.

The one thing I will say, I'm impressed with the restraint by folks on the Sleeper. There were very few of us that got to experience it on live, and I'm glad to share it with folks who never saw it. That's what I expected when I dusted this thing off to come back and play (this is my first TLP) considering how long ago this game's content meta was solved. That's something to brag about, and RI gets kudos in my book for the effort above and beyond the expectation of just keeping the Sleeper up for awhile. Same goes for the other keyed guilds.
  15. Machentoo Augur

Be careful what you wish for. For 23/25 expansions, final boss is the only metric that should matter. That it doesn't work perfectly in Velious is not a sufficient reason to ditch it.

Otherwise you get stuff like what happened on bkfippy.com during PoP -- where Citizen claimed the "victory" despite being two weeks behind TL on clearing Quarm, but TL never bothered to kill Seventh Hammer (which isn't even needed for progression) and Citizen did, thereby tieing up points and claiming the win (guess tiebreaker went to the first guild to clear everything on the list.)
  16. Risiko Augur

I think the point that people are missing here is that the majority of guilds on Coirnav just don't care who's epeen is bigger.

I think the whole concept of AoC-based raiding has finally gone full circle to the point where when the self-declared top guild on the server stands on the hill and waves their finger around saying "We are your overlords. Bow before us," there is nobody even paying attention to them because honestly nobody cares.

I mean, I'm not going to lie. I couldn't give a crap less if guild A downs raid boss 123 on day one or day 365. I couldn't care less if guild B kills raid boss 456 before killing raid boss 789. I couldn't care less if uber-monk-001 is wielding two of the most rare weapons in the game in that era.

I care about logging in on set days, saying hi to my guild mates, killing raid bosses in our raid instance, getting loot and progressing my character, and logging out to spend my hard earned play time in life playing games that are actually incredibly fun and rewarding like Spiderman for PS4, Octopath Traveler on Switch, Persona 5 on PS3, and Red Dead Redemption 2 here soon on PS4.

Everquest is a great game, but thank God for AoC raiding. Batphone can go cry in a corner.
    Ryak likes this.
  17. Gronns Lorekeeper

Yep the ranking system from what I can identify has been flawed since the beginning of this site being created. Nobody cared before Velious is all I can assume. Vulak is not > Every other mob this expansion including ST AoW or Ventani would be considered the end boss or even the Sleeper of Velious(obv it is hard to say sleeper because there is no point to kill it or to say any one guild could kill it in velious). Also PoP is a progression based expansion meaning the bosses are cleared/killed/flagged to lead up to the boss at the end of Plane of Time (Quarm). Velious/Kunark/Luclin etc are not this way overall it is just a key to get into certain zones such as VP/ST/VT.

PoP could be ranked a different way all on its own due to how different the expansions was designed vs the previous xpacs with requiring multiple tiers of flags.
  18. Kahna Augur

No one cares now. either.
  19. Fumi-chan Augur

Exactly this. Nobody needs to care is the real key here. This isn't classic where the big dog guild is held in awe because they get all the phat loot. Thanks to AoCs everyone can enjoy EQ and get loot which pretty much nullifies some of the hero worshipping that used to go along with being at the top.

Remember this server is extremely casual, no amount of throwing insults or threats is going to change the fact 95% of this server can happily get their fill of EQ doing raids in DZs and the odd OW target. There's so much to do in velious and onward, it really is a great server to just casually around on and have a good time.

I keep hoping if we repeat this enough maybe you guys will finally realize what the rest of us already have on Coirnav. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride in the manner you want to. And if you need a game to validate you're #1 on a tracking website, you have bigger problems my friend.
  20. That0neguy Augur

How many vulak loots with guilds who only do AoC's see? I bet monks have access to maybe 1 or 2 Gharns. A Handful of Shrouds from ST.

So yes, while your guild will see loot, individuals may not ever. Where guilds who dominate OW already have 3 gharns and all their monks in shrouds.