Sleeper awoken on Coirnav yet?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RandomStrategy, Sep 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xhartor Augur

At this point guilds should be killing Vulak twice a week in a DZ.
    Kill all the lords and ladys excluding Lady Nev. Comeback 3 or 4 days laters and Kill Lady Nev. Vulak will spawn kill him. Once the other lockout are up, comeback kill them, Vulak will spawn kill him. Repeat on Lady Nev night. Vulak doesn't his own lockout, he just spawn when all the lords and ladys are down.
  2. Kahna Augur

[IMG]
  3. Aziuno Augur

Pretty sure this was fixed in a few patches ago.
  4. Xhartor Augur

They are fixing all the fun stuff for Coirnav.
  5. Stramgar New Member

Loot council guilds find Tunare challenging because nobody shows up for a 4 hour clear if they know the loot will go straight to the officers. This resentment drives lower attendance for other raids and results in a situation where your guild still hasn't killed Vulak 3 weeks into the expansion.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  6. Risiko Augur

LOL that's not my guild.
  7. Fumi-chan Augur

And this is why loot council fails in EQ but does work in other MMOs. There just isn't enough loot to go around to keep a relatively large guild happy with loot council since some people may go months without seeing loot. You just keep showing up to raids, putting your name in a hat and hope you get drawn. My personal favorite is when that mediocre, constantly AFK player gets sweet_item00 over X player because they're sleeping with leadership. ;) At least DKP tends to remove a lot of the drama that comes from loot council (though it has its own flaws as well).

Anyway hybrid loot council/DKP is still one of my favorite systems. Restrict certain items within reason to save people from themselves and use DKP/RA% metrics for everything.
  8. Xeris Augur

Having been on I think the only loot council guild all throughout Agnarr... I don't really get why people have issues with it. If you looked at our loot page, at the end of every expansion, almost every member got a roughly equal amount of loot, and our officers were often less geared than others. Loot council also let's you maximize gear efficiency, such as prioritizing gearing warriors or getting clerics important focuses or ft, and avoids situations where you have a bard save up DKP and buy the first elemental BP instead of letting a warrior take it, and so on.

I had literally no problems with loot council.
  9. That0neguy Augur

Who takes 4hrs to do Tunare? We have it down to 30-45 mins now.
    Risiko likes this.
  10. a_librarian Augur

People have issues because every guild is different and they've had bad experiences with it. It's a system that's completely in the hands of leadership and easily abused. You need good leadership with actual communication skills and interpersonal skills to make a loot council that works for every member of a guild.
  11. Machentoo Augur

If you don't have enough loot coming in to give everyone who raids regularly something more than once a month, the problem isn't how you are divvying it out.
  12. Stramgar New Member

This is why there are no raid guilds on Coirnav with successful loot councils.
  13. Davo The Bard

Having run a few EQ guilds over the years, I have used both council, DKP and hybrid systems. What it comes down to I think is ... the best loot distribution method for guild strength is council ... the best method for the participants is DKP ... the easiest method for the guild leadership is DKP. I say easiest because if someone doesn't get the loot they want, or complains that soandso shouldn't have been awarded whatever ... then it's the "systems fault", not the "officers fault".

Given the loot pinata that instanced TLP servers are these days, there is plenty of loot to make the guild stronger, so that point is moot.

If I was running a Coirnav (or any instanced TLP guild) these days (which I am not) ... I would go DKP all the way.
  14. Kahna Augur

I'm not really sure where in early EQ a loot council would be beneficial. At least when it comes to "gearing warriors first so they can tank things" perspective that most loot councils seem to take. Classic warrior gear is warrior only, for the most part. Same with Kunark. Velious we got all our warriors geared outside of raids. Luclin? Maybe, but is there anything in Luclin you can't kill in Velious class armor? And so long as the tank lives through the fight how much more tanky do they need to be. Maybe in PoP when they go back to sharing armor molds with all the other plate classes and those molds can't be done by a few groups farming trash mobs. But PoP armor molds drop like candy, and a lack of armor will not stop Quarm from dying in the first week.

I have never seen DKP vs Loot council be the deciding factor in who clears stuff faster, so it's probably insignificant in the grand scheme of things. I have seen loot council cause much more drama than DKP. People like the sense of control DKP gives them, the clear cut numbers. People know exactly where they stand and can decide how much something means to them. Sure, the occasional good item goes to a scrub who can barely fog a mirror, but you brought them along and let them be in your guild, so ultimately, who's fault is it that item's not going to be maximized.
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Unless you are split raiding instances or trying to raid with under 30 characters there is nothing that requires funneling gear for at least the first ~2 years of a new server. This is excluding some oddball situation where all your tanks keep quitting so you are starting from scratch gearing new raiders. Looking at some of the "reserved loot" lists for Coirnav guilds going into Velious was pretty hilarious at the lengths some classes (read: Warriors) must have campaigned to get handed a full set of gear.
    Kahna likes this.
  16. Machentoo Augur

Make that at least the first four or five years of the server, as things currently stand.

Maybe by underfoot... But we aren't there yet, and with the recent mitigation boost 85+ I doubt it will matter even there.

And, the guilds that are splitting get enough loot that funneling is a moot point anyway. Same with guilds that are raiding with <30. Any guild with those kinds of numbers is going to get enough loot that the tanks will be geared just fine without funneling.
  17. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

BoC - Warrior only
    Luclin Tradeskill items - People that have 200+ in that tradeskill
    Quarm Ear - No Mealins
    LDoN 35 AC Everfrost/ 30 AC MM augs - Tank only
    GoD Fero/Cleave 3 items - no bard/bst

That covers everything that should be restricted until DoDH
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

If that bard saved all his DKP for that 1 plate item, then all the other plate items he didn't get went to other plate classes.

See how that free market thing works itself out?

The only free lunch you'll ever get in EQ is via "council."
  19. Numzan Augur

Do you ever get this overwhelming feeling that your being ignored?
  20. Taliesn New Member

Whatever, broski. The opposing gender finds clearing 15 year old trash content quickly to be incredibly attractive, such that I'm swimming in their affections - and thus I'm required to post about it as often as possible. Don't be jelly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.