Coirnav: Sleeper's Tomb

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Coirnav, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Vedette Journeyman

Nope, the "alliance" which I was apart of did this in an instance. Why would we have done this in an instance if we planned on wakening the sleeper? It makes no sense.

It wasn't to prevent it on the server as much as in the guild. There is only one reason to not give the items to your members. The "Alliance" got two Tinkers mask which are both still on the OG accounts that obtained them.

Yeah......
  2. Risiko Augur

Do I want every guild on a TLP server to have the chance to raid pre-awoken Sleeper's Tomb?

Sure. It is a nostalgia server after all.

But, I wont lose any sleep over it.

Meh... it's a game.
  3. RandomStrategy Augur

If we were going to wake the sleeper to prevent RMT, it would be pretty if we kept the RMT loot for ourselves, so we didn't.

As to the "alliance" you were part of, things were hot and heavy and word going around was that the instance was first, then the OW. I guess it wasn't a problem since you couldn't finish the last warder in a six hour period.
  4. Vedette Journeyman

Who knew Faceless really does care, lol. Our RMT champions.

You talk about a hot, and heavy 22 hours. You guys went to bed. I was up till like 8am CT in ST. There was no way anyone was ever going to OW after an instance, and why would you? If we wanted to take down Sleeper, we would have gone to OW to begin with and not had a time constraint.

This is really a classic example of the top raiding guild getting paranoid when other guilds sniff ST.

I heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend, who heard it from another, that said you've been messing around in ST.
  5. Raltar Augur

Sleeper should just come awoke as soon as the server goes live. No pre-awoke ST at all. It will solve all of the drama.
    RandomStrategy likes this.
  6. TakeMeSeriously Journeyman

7. Punchu Augur

Bahahahahaha
  8. Fumi-chan Augur

Hahahahaha. And this my friends is why Vicious is a Warrior. :p Gotta get that sweet droppable loot first!

I honestly don't know what you expected from making this post. You have been the epitome of duplicitous nature long as you've played on TLPs, hell it's almost sociopathic the way you can say one thing on the forums and act another way in game. I don't doubt that you're a decent enough guy when it's needed of you, but I've never met a person so greedy for krono and RMT.

tl;dr: You think you're clever but you aren't.
  9. taliefer Augur

10. Fumi-chan Augur

Tal I have nothing against you, but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a goddamn duck. :p

Also to be clear not all guilds have restricted SoDs to Warrior only, sorry if yours did in the past.
  11. Glykus Journeyman

Let me tell you a story about RI, not Faceless, not AoS and not TL. Relentless Insomnia, the Coirnav guild.

My first encounter with RI during raids was open world Hate, it was an offnight and we were messing around trying to kill a few minis, RI was going through twitch streams and saw that one of our members was streaming it, big mistake. RI decided to show up with their entire raid force and piled at the entrance, before RI could show up, we pulled one of the minis to try to burn it down before RI could contest us with their much larger force, rather than try to DPS us however, they started to pull trash on us, and then more trash and then they started pulling other minis on our raid like the Cleric mini, our raid ended up wiping and the trash talk started to pour in, when asking one of their members whether the train was intentional or not, they replied that their leadership had instructed them to dump on us.

Early in the Kunark expansion, Our guild was trying to rush down open world Trakanon, we had cleared all the way down and taken care of everything, we were moving back to get into position when RI players started to zone in, right before we were going to pull, we started getting AOEed by the nearby Echo of Sebilis, which is a mob for an out of era question which has a huge damage aoe, RI monks would tag it, set off then FD and mend before doing it again.

Eventually we evaced what didn't wipe and came back to the jail area, which was raid the main RI raid was now, we decided that we should try to DPS race them just to see what would happen, but soon after it was pulled we had the Echo in our raid again and most of RI didn't engage, choosing instead to sit closeby to engage after we wiped, this is exactly what happened.

Members of my guild decided to contact Daybreak support to try to get justice but they never ended up banning anyone from RI, at least not the ones who were primarily responsible for training Trak on us, instead, one particular GM decided to award most attendees with Trak teeth which was the primary reason we were there anyway.

As a guild we were satisfied, but RI was angry, so angry infact that they infiltrated our discord and spammed every channel with a macro saying we cried to the GMs to get the trak teeth, then they made a post on their website which can still be seen by everyone. 'Participation teeth'.

RI acts like a nice guy when they want something, but they are willing to do anything to defend their monopoly on open world loot, other players from guilds who've been abused by them can attest to this and there are several, i don't know who this message is suppose to appeal to, but it certainly isn't going to work against the ones who most threaten the longevity of the sleeper's rest.

Make no mistake, RI want to maintain ST 1.0 for one reason; Krono farming. RI is a Krono farming powerhouse, so much so that they won't let anyone taste a drop of open world loot that isn't sold by them, their guild leader claims that their guildbank is the wealthiest out of any previous TLP and i believe it, RI DOES have a monopoly on open world for various reasons, but the most obvious is that they train and grief everyone who gets in their way and yet, no misfortune seems to ever befall them.

There are some guilds who actually are here for the long haul, we won't start to dissipate the moment that the tradable loot starts to dry up like others will, so if you are comfortable with RI getting twice as much ST loot as everyone else as their reward for training, killstealing and griefing the server, by all means believe RI.

However, if the thought of RI rushing to key their guild for ST only to be ultimately met with another version of the instance that they claim they despise pleases you, it is your duty to awaken the sleeper as quickly as possible before any of the droppable items the initial post mentions can enter circulation.
  12. Punchu Augur

Tali I'm sending a care package over to Kronav for you.

[IMG]
  13. Kahna Augur

I don’t understand all the whining over RI “being mean” during open world kills. That is what open world kills are about. If you can’t handle it, stick to your instances. That’s why they are there! Seriously, open world toxicity is why the devs created AoCs. It has happened on absolutely every single TLP. Why on earth would you expect this one to be all sunshine and roses just because your server back in 1999 was?

RI isn’t going to dissipate when droppable loot goes away, that’s just laughable. They are a raid guild same as any other. Heck even Mabbu isn’t going to stop playing after droppable go away.

I suppose you guys just need a “bad guy” to hate. There is one of these guilds every TLP. Waking the sleeper to snub RI (news flash, it won’t make a damn bit of difference to them, they will just laugh at you for being short sighted) is a perfect example of cutting off your nose to spite your face. Even if they do turn around and go back on their word you have lost literally nothing by giving it a chance.

For what it’s worth, Lockjaw did manage to keep the sleeper sleeping, so it can be done on a TLP. Chances are some bitter scrub guild will ruin it for everyone under the pretense that they are punishing RI.

Again, waking the sleeper will have zero impact on RI beyond amusing them for a few minutes. Maybe an eyeroll here or there. That’s it.

And no, I am not in RI.
  14. Boze TLP complaint factory

It's 2018, Sleeper is already WOKE
  15. Stramgar New Member

This entire thread is literally the guild leader of RI asking other guilds to play nice in Velious by not waking the sleeper. The other guilds are asking "why now?" and you interpret that as whining?
  16. Coirnav Augur

I can appreciate the views posted here thus far. I’m interested in hearing the opinions of others on Sleeper’s Tomb as well.

So let’s keep this thread constructive so they don’t lock it for a silly reason on us.
  17. taliefer Augur

I get the kool aid reference, but not the shoes~

I have no interest in waking the sleeper, there's no prestige to it at this point. Keeping it asleep for a while has always struck me as the better overall option. id like to see the whole market flooded with SODs and salindrites that I can buy em off the bazaar when I do my "I'm bored let's twink an alt" thing that happens every luclin
  18. Stramgar New Member

2-3 guilds already plan on waking the sleeper as retribution for past transgressions. If your goal is to convince them otherwise I don't think this thread will accomplish that.

If your goal is to convince the devs that also ain't happening. They've spent far more development time fixing much smaller issues than ST. It seems quite clear that ST 1.0 content is not something they want people to experience on TLPs. It's probably part of the carrot they dangle for each TLP launch to get people interested. "Maybe on this server I can see the real sleeper's tomb!".
  19. Glykus Journeyman

Sure lets keep it constructive.

Why do you keep training or otherwise disrupting other guilds in open world? Don't even try to deny it, most of the people who could threaten to band together and obliterate sleeper's tomb have had a front row seat to who the real RI are, so i don't know who you are trying to convince here.

I think at this point we'd all be willing to sacrifice a few gnome illusion masks and SoDs if it'll put a dent in your bank account. Womp Womp, maybe you should have thought of that before you started turning VS around in open world.
    TakeMeSeriously likes this.
  20. RandomStrategy Augur

Even if woken, it's still the real sleeper's tomb. Names change, a bit of loot changes, but it's still there.