105 Shaman help

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Xenze, Jul 21, 2018.

1. bigpapa Augur

I think most shaman don't memorise that cannibalise unless spiritual channeling is down and you are oom.
  2. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Its probably not necessary these days but its a comfort to me that I can eeek out 1 more heal worth of mana at any point if I need to.

I've had it memorized for almost 20 years in that exact #2 spot in every single spell setup I've ever used.
  3. Jetslam Augur

As with most utility classes, the guide portion is completely situational. If you're the main healer in the group, you would follow the heal portion of the information. If you're a DPS, you would follow the dps section. If you're doing both, you'd pick which portion applies.

It's hard to give a sequential guide of how to play a class when there are so many options. DPS class guides will generally have a multibind/disc order and you follow that with small changes for fight duration. Tank classes have disc rotation and what to use depending on how many mobs you're fighting.

It's hard to come up with a more traditional guide based on utility classes. (ench, dru, shm, bard)
  4. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

In the group game, spell canni is arguably a worthwhile endeavor.
    In the Raid game, there's enough mana and tricks to pretty much go non-stop for 20min+. So on a raid it's not usually worth it.

Casting until ~70% mana, hit AA canni, keep casting and hit it again every time it's up.
    When mana runs out, hit spiritual channeling and keep going.
    by the time channeling wears off you'll be full mana again (or close to it).
    keep casting and AA canni until OOM again, you should be at the 20 minute mark at this point... give or take.
    Click the staff from luclin raid to cast from HP again if you have it and need another bump. should buy you another round of AA canni and casting if needed...
  5. Pzoresh New Member

I am interested in the named of that staff, it seems worth farming?
  6. Brohg Augur

the Rod of Dark Rites is very rare, allows casting 5 spells from hp instead of mana. good luck!
  7. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

/shrug. 5 casts / 1 min.... as I said, it's a bump. perhaps long enough to get you to another AA canni.

also not as rare as all that. seen it about 1 out of 5 luclin runs on average... plus the event drops the shawl aug item.
  8. Leigo You come here often?

use it in combination with swell. doubles your healing waves and if you cast hot 1st you get the synergy proc on the first 3 waves
  9. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

^^ this. every time you cast splash, you should try to pair it with the gift line. you can splash twice, or splash and cast 1 other heal before it wears. its' refresh allows you to hit it just before you splash every time though so no sense in wasting the 2nd twincasted heal. as described above, pairing it with synergy is $$ as well.

if you're healing the MTO with single targets you should also be using this when you have the opportunity.