105 Shaman help

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Xenze, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Xenze Elder

So for the most part I've let my shaman be a buff bot. Well I've recently got around to leveling him up and I want to play him seriously. He's currently 102, and I'm currently working on getting him his 105 EoK t1 gear.

I was wondering if someone could help me out with a spell line up for a boxed Shaman. For now I think I'll still run a healer merc for now until I get fairly comfortable enough to run my Shaman as the groups main healer. My tank is a 110 SK in Conflag gear + 19k AAs if that'll help at all.

Thanks!
  2. Shredd Augur

Shaman are ADPS for the most part. Use your 3 best group heal spells. Use your pet as a dot. Keep sabertooth line on grp for added dps. Use epic when up. For boxing make a hotkey that will cast top 2 disease spells on long lasting fights, and another hotkey for the fast dots. Use Turgur AA and Malo AA. . slowing the mob is the best heal you have.
  3. Xenze Elder

Single target heals not worth it? And stupid question, but fast dots - is that fast cast, or short duration? Never truly understood the term sadly.
  4. Shredd Augur

single target I never use when soloing/moloing. . I use renewal HoT and my 2 grp heals. The fast dots and short lived dots with a decent amount of damage. I personally never use these since Shaman is my main. . I use 3 disease, 2 poison, 2 magic, with a poison nuke.
  5. Millianna Augur

1) Shear of Renewal,
    2) Reckless Regeneration,
    3) Reckless Restoration,
    4) Krasir’s Mending,
    5) Krasir’s Recourse,
    6) Roar of the Lion,
    7) Sluggishness,
    8+) DoTs

More to come
  6. Xenze Elder

Anyone bother with the Ice DD that grants a healing twincast for those "oh shi*t" moments by chance? Or is it one of those situations where by the time you fire off the nuke and go for a heal, you're either dead, or topped off already?
  7. Millianna Augur

It doesn’t work as advertised....

It’s usefulness depends on AAs and augs. In some cases it causes crit heals to heal less.
  8. Gnomeland Augur

There's no reason not to use it ... when your tank is an earth pet.

For players, most don't have enough health to justify a two cast, 99% of the time it ends up being over heal.
  9. Millianna Augur

There isn’t any reason to have it memorized (wasted spell slot). His SK is low AAs for RoS content - the amount of heal spells I suggested is over kill if SK has sufficient AAs. If grouping with pets, I would swamp the extra reckless for rain heal instead.
  10. Szilent Augur

Ugh, no
  11. Szilent Augur

Yes, it's very very good paired with Swell. Powerfully, it doesn't just heal its total heal amount, it comes in "continuously" over the course of ~7 seconds
  12. Szilent Augur

I've no idea what you're referring to with any of these statements. How is it advertised? How does it not work in that fashion? Which AAs, what augs? Crits to heal less - wut?
  13. shruggz Elder

something that may be helpful.
    set up a hot key for sluggishness and alliance

I use first 2 spell slots the rest empty, saved as spellset slug or whatever
    make a macro,

/mem slug
    /target tank name here
    /pause 30,/cast 1 (sluggishness)
    /pause 30,/cast 2 ( alliance)
    /mem (whatever your current favorite spellset is here)

you may need to play with the pauses a bit to get it to work correctly, and pair down any un-needed
    time waste. mine will load and cast the spells then re-mem my regular spell set in around 15 seconds or so.
    allowing you to drop sluggishness from spellbar and use another heal or dot or whatever is needed.
    with ros group focus and all aa's the uptime of sluggishness is over 10 minutes (ros version) ive decided that its not needed enough to devote a full time spell slot to it. while still allowing near constant coverage for your mt.

as for the ice nuke/heal twincast I used to use it, but in ros in the time it takes to cast that, then cast a heal your tank could be dead. so I dropped that and just added another heal to my spell bar.

if you need to cast a heal and they are all on cool down then you need to add more heals to your bar
    if you have heals you never need to use drop em for more dots.

using macros to mem different spells on the fly is helpful for many different situations and hitting one button to change them, and one to change them back is quick and painless.
    Belars likes this.
  14. Xenze Elder

Ah I like this idea :) especially if you're only needing a quick spell or two!

And right now I only have 4 heal spells up - Group HoT, Group direct, 2 single target direct. Then Sluggish, Roar, DoTs. I haven't really ran into any issues healing yet (have healer merc up still on Efficient as to give me more practice as main healing and merc for back up in case I'm stupid on something).

Between AAs and clickies, I don't find myself lacking any heals. And being under geared, the first time I used Canni, I watched my HP drop to like 60% and damn near had a heart attack >.< Could only imagine what would happen if I kept the Recourse heals up lol
  15. Time zone Journeyman

16. Jetslam Augur

Raccoo is a master shaman and has by far the best shaman guide around. Read it. Learn it. Live it.

Some of the replies in this thread make me scratch my head a how terrible of advice they are.
  17. shruggz Elder

@ Time zone and Jetslam,
    thanks for the link, think I will look into re-installing frostgift line and swell back into my regular spell set
    and there is lots of other good information there :)
  18. Szilent Augur

There is good information there, but the "guide" part of it is pretty limited:

That is a fabulous statement to begin a guide with. It strikes me, though, as just a fabulous statement to begin a guide with, not a whole guide. Raccoo jumps from there to an info dump on the shaman toolbox. Good info, relevant things, but information isn't a Plan.

For example, while he mentions using Gift+Swell "alot"[sic] (again, a sentiment I heartily support), there's no indication whether that means "with fanatic devotion, every 12s without fail", or whether that means "if you're not dotting or buffing and Recks are on cooldown", or somewhere in between.

There's a chunky element to getting good at every class of just having to get out there and DO it. Of course there is. For those at the stage of looking for guides, though, I feel like a solid plan to then freestyle off of is called for, along with a metric if possible.
  19. Millianna Augur

The guide focuses on raiding... should always be casting in raids. In group content, that is not the case. My shaman focuses on adps and dots and group heals when needed. Maxing out focus AAs is a big part of the picture.
  20. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

I can only speak to group content but below is my typical group spell line up. I can main heal through T2 named in ROS with this setup.

1. Reckless
    2. Casted Cann
    3. Reckless
    4. Quick Poison Dot
    5. Quick Disease Dot
    6. Jinx
    7. Nectar
    8. Group Heal
    9. Roar
    10. Ergo's Curse
    11. Disease/Malo Combo
    12. Intervention
    13. Group HOT

If we're doing a mission I may trade a few dots out for something like Swell. I have main healed with paladin support through End of Empire with this setup (we haven't managed a win but I'm not sure its been from lack of healing)
    Belars likes this.