Can i have my aug back please?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by tseuqreve, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tseuqreve New Member

So the anniversary came out, and I saw an aug that I wanted, so I went and found out what I had to do to get the aug.

Was pretty sweet, you just had to enter a task and do some hails, then do a turn in, and get an aug.

It was really fitting for the anniversary, I have a really busy schedule at the moment and was unsure if I would be able to get the anniversary stuff I needed on my toons.

I log in yesterday and realize that my aug is gone on all my toons that I did it on.

There is nothing more valuable in this life than time, you can have all the money and stuff in the world, but the moment you are out of time, thats the only thing that matters.

Its messed up because it seems that daybreak doesn't value any of our time. They design a quest, test it, release it, have someone like me go through the steps needed to get the aug, just so they can take it back?

If you are unsatisfied with how you programmed your program, fine, but don't take it out on us after we already invested our time to get the aug. There's no way for us to tell if what you released was intentional or not. If you want to change it change it, but we got those items fair and square using the design for the quest that you guys built.
  2. tseuqreve New Member

I did the mission. The timer ran out before i got the ground spawn i needed. Every mob in the zone was dead. Doing these missions to get the augs wouldn't be so painful if they didn't release broken content, and you could trust that if you put the time in, you wouldn't be left with an impossible to beat quest.

Six hours of my life ill never get back, good job.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

4. tseuqreve New Member

Yeah, i get it, paying for their mistakes.

When are they going to own up to their mistakes instead of making us pay for them?

Fix the issue, while letting the people who allready spent the time, keep what they earned...

How were we to know it was an exploit?

Isn't that how they did the cure clickie from the other anniversary quest?

I had figured if you cared about /ach you had the option of completing the mission.

But if you loathed doing the content that devs produce, you could skip the monotonous tedious boring cookie cutter mold quest that they put out, and just get the item.

Also, you cant solo these quests, and every time I try and get help on the quests, all it is is someone else who wants the same thing I want, and wants to get invited so they can have it....

You cant get people to co-operate on this stuff, they don't want to join unless they are getting the item, which would defeat the purpose.
  5. Cicelee Augur

Feel free to acquire your lost augment through gameplay.

Also, not everyone can have everything in the game. I wish you luck on obtaining the augment within the next 11 days before the tasks leave...
    moogs, fransisco and tseuqreve like this.
  6. tseuqreve New Member

Thanks to you Cicelee, i will find a way.

I do not think ill be getting it on my alts like i had hoped.

When did the game turn from, a way to have fun.... to where fun takes a back seat

to making sure that no ones the dreaded " O P "

So stupid.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Um, sounds like you didn't spend hardly any time to acquire your aug. Stop whining and go do the mission, its easier than ever now.
    noclue, jeskola and Angahran like this.
  8. EnchFWO Augur

The lockout is only 3 hours as well instead of the typical 6. They at least gave some consolation to allow people to run it more given the situation.
  9. xxGriff Augur

The only real prob is on FV, where the aug can be sold and often is/was... taken and no recompense.
  10. segap Augur

I do think that's crappy when their reactions don't take in to account transactions such as on FV. That said, with how trivial it was to get the augs, why would anyone have bothered paying for one?
  11. jeskola pheerie

Is that you, White Rose?

[IMG]
  12. Aurastrider Augur

I think at this point a better request would be to leave the mission up longer instead of asking for your aug back. If all you had to do was a couple of hails and boom you got your aug I don't know how you can consider this considerable time taken away to obtain the aug. It would have been nice if they would have stated they were removing the aug from those who did not actually "earn" it to allow people more time to run these missions but it is what it is. As for others in a PUG also wanting the aug I thought that's what doing a random at the end was for? At least this is how it always worked when I was in a PUG when multiple people wanted the same item. You win some and you lose some but that's just how it works if you are not in an active guild that's willing to push people through these missions or if you cant just box them yourself.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  13. High Voltage Augur

There is an unwritten rule in EQs T&C that each player has to know how the dev intended the quest to be done, and follow this intentions closely in order to qualify for the quest reward(s). Otherwise you might get punished (see below), where there is a rng used to determine the way of punishment.

There is another unwritten rule that states where the former unwritten rule is applied, and where not.

Didn't you know?

Best to follow the first unwritten rule of EQ: Its safe to assume new content is broken and it will take two patches and a hotfix to get things right. Don't do the content before that.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

I'm sorry for those of you that got the best charm aug in game for just doing some hails.

It's easy to get it back, just do the mission.

I am not a fan of removing the augs, but it's an easy mission. Just do it and get your aug.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  15. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Getting it is EASY. It doesn't even "cost you 6hrs of your life" - more like less than 3, and that is me boxing WAR,CLR,BST with the WAR doing approx doing half the damage - i am sure you/most anyone can beat that.

Yep.
    Given how the mission works now, it IS stupid to spend time here posting and complaining instead of redoing it.

I've done it for my main + friends, for my CLR,ENC,PAL and SHD "the hard way", before it's overall difficulty was lowered. They all had their augments still. Since the retune, i have done this mission 3times now for other people who were in the same boat as you: they took the shortcut and lost their aug and now have it back. Easy.
    noclue likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Did this last night, took less than an hour with a full group, frustrating we knew who the murderer was after 10 minutes, took us the rest of the time to get the other clues!
  17. feeltheburn Augur

if you have alts, the mission is much easier then it ever was. Hour or so tops and your done. Be happy they didnt take the Cactus route on you and you didnt have EQ for 3 weeks or such. I dont see where you had a time sink if all you did was the hails.
  18. Sissruukk Rogue One

Ran this mission twice for people in under an hour each. This time I didn't eat the evidence.
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Moege Augur

So it was the beerserker all the time, I knew it !
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

This sounds like a you/your guild/your server problem, friend. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but EverQuest has many aspects of it that can be described as a “group game”. IE, to obtain the best things, there may be situations where you have to actually work with others to collectively obtain and *gasp* share the rewards.

On a serious note though, when the “bonus” thing is not tied to actually completing the task and the bonus is the reason 95%+ are actually running the mission, if the dev intent is that we must finish the entire thing to get the side reward, why not actually tie the reward to the completion step? Rocket science, I know...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.