Extruded Black Pearl removed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fishlips_Jones, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toecutter New Member

I just lost the pearl on 4 characters and not happy about it. The 4 in question did the quest twice. First time it timed out after 6 hours because we didn't know how to get into the secret section of the library, which is where the final piece must have been hiding. Because we killed everything else in the zone. Second time we did clear that area and every single attackable mob in the entire zone. Confirmed by 300 skill tracker. But we were unable to complete due to apparent bug because upon all the turn in's one of the steps didn't update. While disappointed, we did manage to get the aug at least. I did the quest 3 more times with other characters for a total of around 30 hours played in this crappy mission. Now the pearl is magically gone from 4 of us in the original 2 runs? And we have to do it 4 seprate times to get it back now? <Insert alot of cussing here>

Seriously i don't think i'm going to be renewing my subscription anymore. I just don't understand why i actually pay a company to aggravate me over stupid things like this AND waste my time this much.
  2. Ghubuk Augur

There is at least one spot which until you are in that room, you wont see them on tracking. If I remember correctly, when you go down the long spiral pathway and then through that door that portals you, there will be another door (i think fake wall type?) that takes you to another area.
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Wow, really?
    In 6hrs time you did not manage to check the web for how to get through that door?

Rejoice!
    It should be much easier (read: quicker) now...
    While i won't verify this myself before the weekend most likely, the patchnotes indicate this imo.
    If the patched reality matches my expectations for a change, you should be done in 3hrs max now AND not need a perfect group or dedicated puller anymore.
    #eagerToVerify
  4. Lily Augur

I guess you missed where I said I didn't lose my aug. I completed the mission. What I'm sick of is the way DB treats their customers, whether I'm at the receiving end or not. I'm sick of nerfs. I'm sick of their capriciousness. There's no rage here. They simply wore me out.
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

I have a confession to make....
    We were running the mission for a guildie, and I ate the evidence.
    Procs, Derka and svann like this.
  6. Slackityslackslack New Member

I love this thread. By the way, big huge thanks to all the people who exploited the mission and ruined it for everyone else. One pearl per mission now. Good job guys.
  7. Fohpo Augur

I actually did that by accident once... right clicked one and later we figured out it must have been the correct one.
  8. Derka Power Ranger

Yeah I still don't have the pearl. Thanks! Haha jk man it was still a fun run.
  9. Roxxlyy Augur

The charm was taken from those who skipped steps within the mission to get the reward. This was considered an exploit, as it allowed players to earn themselves the rewards without actually completing the task. Abusing an exploit is against the EverQuest Terms of Service, and this was the action we decided to take against those who chose to do so instead of completing the mission.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.