Paying members

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pentharion, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

/shrug. Just gets really tiring every time there is even a slight bit of unexpected downtime there are 20 posts with people crying about how they can't play.
  2. Khat_Nip Meow

I pay a yearly sub, am a mature adult, and appreciate that stuff happens.
    No compensation or whatever needed. Servers will come back up when ready and we'll all be on our merry way.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

OP is not entirely wrong. People have a right to speak up about problems at restaurants, hotels, airlines, etc. (Look at your local Yelp reviews).

I suspect the EQ team may offer double XP weekend, double rare spawn rate, or Marketplace discounts in the near future. It would be cool to get a free Heritage Crate or LoN Prize but I wouldn't hold my breath. I believe EQ2 is currently receiving double experience gain so something in that realm may be planned for EQ1 anyways. Also, a free Heroic Character is offered every 2-3 years so that's nice compensation for any past wrongs. :)
    Pentharion likes this.
  4. Critts Augur

The answer to your question is nothing will be done. Not joking. Now for the jokes we can add the equivalent downtime cost of $.35 to the $.50 that some where demanding for the ease of play damages as a result of the April fools joke that the Devs played on everyone. Once we get to a total amount of $10 the lowest monthly subscription cost maybe we can get a month of free play out of it.
  5. Pentharion New Member

This isn't "a slight bit". Not to mention, you are tired of the comments and they are tired of the unexpected downtime. Seems to me you have a commonality in the fact that someone elses actions are impacting you
  6. Pentharion New Member

Good you feel that way, but I do not.
  7. Frogmonk Journeyman

Honestly, after all these years, if you don't expect extra downtime when they have patches then I don't know what to tell you.
  8. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Drolan New Member

I made a list of everything all the whiner's should get in compensation.
    [IMG]

Enjoy
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Fohpo like this.
  10. Dreadmore Augur

https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service

Goodtimes likes this.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Hunger strike time guys! Let’s contact the BBB and ACLU and get a class action suit going!

But damn I just went for tacos :(
  12. chillus New Member

DEv do this BS on Sat when I have to work not on my day off Jesus
  13. Jalelorf Augur

That's some messed up math you got going on in your head.
  14. Pentharion New Member

Great list but I think that's the list of things you have accomplished in life. Because if you are against people voicing grievances when things happen that aren't supposed to, I don't know what to tell you other than good luck with success (this is where you will likely try to tell me about all the success you may or may not have had blah blah blah).
    Danure likes this.
  15. dc.hawkeyegold Lorekeeper

Just because it doesn't say All Access next to someone's name doesn't mean they aren't a paid account.
    Pentharion likes this.
  16. Goodtimes Journeyman

The Drama Llama is strong with this one.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Drolan like this.
  17. Pentharion New Member

Thats great and all but doesnt really hold water considering I am saying they SHOULD offer compensation for this. Technically they DO have to offer at least the additional hours of excess time because they took the money and the downtime exceeded it by an unreasonable amount. An entity cannot absolve itself legally from that. For instance, If I sell you a month of a subscription and keep it down for a week, you wouldn't have had access for a month, therefore, you havent received what you purchased. The regular downtime is expected and part of the cost. However, massive chunks of unexpected downtime are not and should be suitably compensated. I am not saying with money or a ton of items or anything. Something reasonable, a day added to the end of your subscription or exp pots to accelerate exp you could have received had the servers been up as intended. Those are not unreasonable requests, any way you wish to slice it. Regardless I am not talking about making them legally culpable or suing. I just want to see them care is all. Because as it stands, right now, it doesn't appear that way. Is it too much to ask for a company to care about its consumers? It seems so in America today but that is a shame.
  18. Pentharion New Member

And the worthless nature of your posts is strong in you. If you have nothing to add, then just don't speak. Because so far, all you have posted hasn't added a thing to the conversation. You seem incapable of doing anything but being a nuisance
  19. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

I just got the word... Servers will never come back online , and they will never compensate the whiners..
    Drolan and Goodtimes like this.
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

wow only play one day a year and got a couple of 110's must be nice /sarcasm off

Andarriel