Paying members

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pentharion, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Delphwind Augur

I could care less about the money, give me a weekend of double XP!

I get to level up my alt, and you get money from xp pots, it's a win-win!
  2. Khat_Nip Meow

If that were the case then every single patch day from now on would be "Downtime is expected to last up to 24 hours".

Does that help?
    Yinla and Deedeedee like this.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Be careful you don't get hit by those things flying over your head.
  4. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

5. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

It's all those damn Vista user's fault... I would like some double XP tho...
  6. Lianeb Augur

You should probably read the EULA you agree to every time you log in.

7. Leroc New Member

u the troll. and bad one.

I have my first chance to play with a solid internet connection in over a month despite making great money over the road and paying for wifi in several ways. Now I can't spend it doing what I paid and want to do, but I wouldn't throw a little tantrum with a " can I speak to your manager" hair cut looking *@#$#%@#$%.

Maybe better to politely ask that devs to make it standard practice to do something nice when things go bad. Like make it standard to put out exp potion in claim for all active accounts, and if say that is already standard to then post up " Hey players! Looks like we gone over the expected down time so there will be a /claim reward for everyone from this!"

Then we get to read Pentathong complain how he doesnt need exp.
  8. Dreadmore Augur

Hmmm I dunno, I can't say what "should" be done. There are lots of subjective points and differing opinions on that, each with good points, so I'd rather not declare what is right or wrong there.

Do you think there is anything that differentiates EverQuest vs. other subscription-based services? The fact that it's entertainment and not infrastructure? That their team is tiny, or that they have a limited budget? That even though you pay for a month, you're not actually at the computer playing for that whole month (I hope, but kudos if you do it without botting :) )? Did they take the game offline to patch and improve the game, or are they simply denying us service? Did the EQ team all go home with our money to laugh at us, or are they putting in hours at work to get the game running?

I don't know, just throwing things out there. I guess personally an experience potion would be more useful than a double experience day--who's to say I'd be available that day? But I couldn't play today anyway, so I'd be getting something extra rather than compensation. Same thing with an extra day of subscription.

It's hard for me to see them as deliberately taking my money because of some of these points.

Or maybe I just am not eloquent or cohesive enough to say exactly why I'm not annoyed in an objective way, so maybe it is a subjective point. Maybe I am just biased because the cost is small for me and I am thankful that the game is even still in development, or because I work in tech myself so I can empathize. Not to say I'm better than you or I'm right--just different personalities or experiences maybe.
    Mirriee likes this.
  9. Sissruukk Rogue One

Good thing you aren't the forum moderator, because you'd be banning most everyone in here, and it would be a silent place to come air your grievances. Get a stiff upper lip. If you come here to air how you feel, expect others to not agree with you and say so, even in ways you may not find constructive.
    Goodtimes likes this.
  10. Pentharion New Member

Again, a useless post. DO you have something of quality to add to the conversation or are you just going to jump on the bandwagon of people who only know how to take to the act of trolling? I am pretty sure I already know the answer.
  11. Pentharion New Member

Saying you disagree is a lot different than saying a lot of useless drivel intended to do nothing more than troll on a public forum
  12. monella New Member

Its got to be a dds attack from all those pissed off people who cant play everquest because vista his no longer supported.
  13. Pentharion New Member

To start thanks for a constructive post. I have worked in tech as well. Customer service, especially in tech, isn't easy. I will say that I think they should offer at the least a free day at the end of a subscription or a free exp potion to paid members. That really isn't asking for an arm or a leg. It is what is called suitable compensation. I am not asking for anything extraordinary, nor am I asking for it for only myself. I am asking for it for ALL paid members. Does it matter if you don't want it? Nope, feel free to delete it if they give it (wont matter to me). All I am saying is that a company with good customer service realizes the inconvenience unexpected downtime causes its customers and will take steps (hopefully proactive) in order to ensure that fair compensation is had. Do I think they are "deliberately taking my money"? No, of course not. They are providing a service, however, it isn't a bad thing to accept and implement ideas that promote a better customer service relationship, especially when your company is at fault for something that has an effect on the consumer.
  14. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

Whiners gonna whine...take a Valium and call me in the morning..
  15. Pentharion New Member

If I was a forum moderator 9/10 of these posts (including my own) would be potentially ban-able offenses. If you look at the terms most of the individuals in this forum (myself included) have violated it.
  16. Pentharion New Member

You are whining about people as well. Maybe you should take your own Valium.
  17. ogremight New Member

18. Jaedo Journeyman

1 free heroic as compensation!
    ogremight likes this.
  19. Deedeedee New Member

I'm just glad that for once it wasn't on a raid night! :D
    D3
  20. Kraze_Pendragon New Member

You are SO right...your check for $ 0.46 is in the mail. Try not to spend it all in one place.

/sarcasm off