tradeskill grind and all smiles

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ptah, Apr 18, 2018.

1. ptah Augur

Ok so I'm grinding all TS.. atm they are in mid 290s.. no trophy yet.. I think that is next step. I am all lost on what is needed post 300.. I read I need books.. and recipes learned. I the AA work toward this step is done.

Looking for a vet grinder to offer some suggestions. Once I'm 300 in all I then start the Artie aug quest and create cresta earring. I just grind my fingers off til it get them done. I will be doing this on 3 toons.. 3 sub types.. so 9er.. bring the frozen pizza and red bull. its going to a long on I'm sure.

I have a few in fellowship that halfway here and there done but lost. My goal beside yelling at the screen early and often is learn the layout and assist them as well. Besides the goggle print out I would enjoy hearing first hand narrative of this is what I wish I knew before I took the blue pill.

As always adventure well and smile.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

http://www.townshiprebellion.com/tradeskills-home

Awesome site for post 300 stuff. You really should have gotten your trophies when your skill was around 50 but its to late for that now. I would suggest getting the quests now and working towards getting them. The mats and combines needed become more difficult the higher your skill which is why its always best to get them as soon as possible. The link above should provide you with guides for everything you need to know. Almarsguides has also posted some helpful things regarding trade skills. EQtraders has some nice threads in it as well. If you have a premium zam account it is rather useful in conjunction with eqtraders for doing actual combines.
  3. tradeskiller New Member

4. Matt71579 New Member

Not sure that is the case. Just recently leveled my blacksmithing with no hammer trophy. I then got the tradeskill for the trophy and after the combines I got the trophy and a certificate. It gave me the trophy and I think all the way to 15% bonus. Was not that hard to max it out from there.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

The premise behind getting your trophy first is the mats required to get the trophy are significantly more common at the lower tiers. Also with your trophy equipped doing combines you will have a higher overall modified skill yet your base skill rate will be unchanged meaning you can still gain points on something that is say trivial at 200 but you have a modified skill of 205 and an unmodified skill of 198. With this higher modified skill rate you should in theory have less fails meaning less wasted mats while you skill up. It is all around a much better idea to always get your trophies first as it should save you time and mats which is the biggest complaints most people who hate trade skills complain about. The time sink involved and the cost associated with doing it. This at least reduces both to a certain degree.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

7. Eckish Lorekeeper

Get your trophies as early as possible to make it easier to get trophies. But, I would also add to not buy the tradeskill cap increasing AAs until you have maxed out your trophies. You need to make non-trivial combines in order to level them. If you go past 300 too far before maxing them, you might remove some easy recipes for you to use in the low 300s.

My first character made that mistake with Jewelcrafting. There's an easy recipe at 302 which uses a Velium Bar (purchased) and a Blue Diamond (I have a huge stock of these). As soon as he hit 300 in JC, the extra AA cap kicked in and he shot up to 304. That Blue Diamond stock was useless for leveling my trophy.
  8. Dokhopper New Member

I literally just got done with this mistake on my smithing trophy. I had skilled right up to 268 (was already at 180 from 2007) and THEN got my trophy quest.

I would delineate what an Expert smith trophy entails but i can sum up the really painful part in item acquisition and time:

Magnetic Bracer: uses Cracked Magnetized Bracer (about 6 hours to get one and i AE'd several zones trying) IF someone is selling - just pay for it

Shadow Scream Steel Tunic: Do you LIKE doing Sharval newbie quests? This was an all day experience (i had to post an addendum to zam's cause i wasted a lot of time doing what it suggests) because the item required a special anvil and hammer obtained through that quest line and has a couple no-drop items to combine.

Do Your Trophy Early (at least get the quest whether you want to do it at that time or not because you will only have to complete the easy quest instead of expert or master)