True Box

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tyrial, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candystore Augur

Keep in mind that a large part (most likely the majority) of those 6-boxers are krono famers. Krono farmers are on TLP to make money. Making money means running a profit.

It would be extremely foolish to spend money on buying 6 PC for them. Krono is a profitable business for them, but not that profitable that they could easily recoup the cost of 6 PC.

A software solution like a virtual machine and broadcasting software makes much more sense.
  2. ClanDarkPaw New Member

Bro you win the EQ ignorance award of the year.

You know absolutely nothing about her real life resources and if she is paying for 4 subs that is providing resources to keep the game going not taking away from it. In terms of in game resources they are essentially infinite and only limited by content, mobs and the random rolls for which each item drops. You have no evidence that she is monopolizing a specific item or her intention to do so.

Just because you might find boxing 4 toons or any for that matter to not be fun does not mean that holds true for someone else. Maybe others enjoy the challenge of boxing or the diversity of playing multiple classes or maybe they just don't want to socialize in EQ but they enjoy the content. Is it hard to believe that some people might actually be here for the content itself and they don't feel like socializing with the likes of people like yourself?

Some of the most intelligent and helpful players I have ever met in this game and on these threads are boxers and are in no way sick minded individuals as you would like to call them. Your overall assumptions of this poster and of boxers in general makes me fear for anyone around you in real life especially if you have reproduced. This kind of ignorance is usually caused from multiple generations of reproduction within the same gene pool. With a name like Bighurb I am going to go out on a limb and guess you have some chickens to pluck and some cows to milk on the family combine.
  3. ClanDarkPaw New Member

I wont deny that there are people that do this but you use words like impossible when in reality it is possible with skill and practice. 19 years of playing the same game and content over and over again is more than enough time to master the art of boxing. For those only looking to profit sure it makes more sense to do less work for your returns but to assume that everyone who is multiboxing is only in it for profits and not enjoyment is also ignorant. It would be much easier for a piano player to just record their music and then play it back once they have mastered it but what enjoyment is there in it for them? Believe it or not but there are actually people who just enjoy boxing, enjoy EQ, and are damn good at doing both without programs or cheats.
  4. Vaxpo Elder

There is no chance the majority of these "6 boxers" are doing so using 6 separate computers with 6 separate keyboards. Furthermore, there is zero chance they are doing so without using software, or keyboards with programmable macros.

The way you can easily tell is to watch for lag. If all the pets go at the same time for example or if every character casts at the same time with no lag between them, then it is clearly not the person hitting a key on every keyboard. It is not humanly possible to do so without there being some lag between the actions on each character, no matter how good the setup.

Now, you'll have the people doing this type of boxing, against the ToS, all over here claiming how they are the greatest thing ever with the fastest reflexes known to mankind, however, it's B.S. Anyone with a brain knows this. I don't care how fast you are, you cannot "True Box" 6 characters with no lag between character actions.

Notice, I am not claiming that you cannot box six characters. I am claiming that you cannot do so with no lag between characters. Unless you are using software or hardware to aid you, both of which are against the ToS for this server.
  5. ClanDarkPaw New Member

actually if someone wanted to have the appearance of say multiple pets going in at once or casting at the same time they simply need to figure out what the delay in reaction time is between their characters. They could easily record themselves and record the delay and then account for that into a macro using pauses. Why would someone even want to do this you might ask? Having all your casters fire at once will spread agro evenly (minus a potential crit) instead of having one toon cast slightly before another toon causing the first toon to maybe get take agro and get killed. So yes it is possible to have all your toons fire at what appears the same time without any assistance if you want with basic in game macros available to everyone.

Example:
    Toon1
    /pause 10,/assist xx
    /pause 10,/cast 1

Toon2
    /pause 12,/assist xx
    /pause 12,/cast 1

Toon3
    /pause 14,/assist xx
    /pause 14,/cast 1

You could continue the same pauses for each toon and do the same thing extending the macros out further. Not that difficult really if you know what your reaction time is between key presses.
  6. Candystore Augur

I can only see a few explanations how one would 6 box on a TLP.

6 PC solutions:
    -they bought 6 PC and play on 6 keyboard / mice (I find this highly unlikely)
    -they bought 6 PC and use a KVM switch (still unlikely, because KVM switches tend to have 1 to 0.5 second delays)
    -they bought 6 PC and use Logitech Flow (pretty expensive mouse / keyboard, and limited to 3 PC, so they would need to buy 2 sets, unlikely)
    -they use 6 PC and use Mouse Without Borders (unlikely, not that ergonomic)

1 (maybe 2) PC solution:
    -they use 1 PC (maybe 2 max), a Virtual Machine to launch 6 instances, and they use software that can broadcast to all 6 of those VM at once (most likely)
  7. Candystore Augur

Apparently Synergy works with VMWare. This is probably one of the most likely explanations on how they do it.

-VMWare would allow them to launch 6 EQ instances on 1 PC (you could just use 2 PC if a single PC couldn't handle 6 EQ instances).
    -Combined with Synergy it would allow them to control those 6 EQ instances with 1 keyboard and mouse.

8. Green_Mage Augur

DBG is trying to really hard for some reason not to see that a lot of people want a no- no-box server.

I blame the people always white knighting for the 6 man boxers...their all cheaters and krono farmers and your totally stupid if you think anything else. Just because people come to the forums and complain about it all the time doesn't mean people aren't sick to death of it.

2-man boxers almost all agree the server would be better if no one could box.

This game is too easy to be cutting corners with boxing all the time IMO.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I box 6 on agnarr
    Tried to box 6 on the new server but the exp just kills me in terms of time and effort so I left after the 1st day.

I'd agree the game would be 100% better if they either made the limit on boxing to 2 as the max or even made a no-box server.
  10. Candystore Augur

True Box is like a knife fight where you can only bring knives.

Yet a number of people have figured out how to bring a gun.

And the people with the guns are saying to the people with the knives that it's fair.

And the organizers of the fight are pretending like their nose is bleeding, since they're making a lot of money from ticket sales.
  11. Guzzle Augur

Candystore, just give it up bro. It sounds like you're on a witch hunt here. Unwilling to accept the possibility that maybe people are just that good. Are there various solutions to make boxing easier? Certainly. I would say the number of people using disallowed software versus manually is a low number. If you care so much, record them, petition, and let DBG investigate. Whining on the forums about something you can't prove isn't going to get you anywhere.
  12. TheRealAtabishi Journeyman

Holy god you're bad. Really bad. You must be really fun to talk to over voice or in person (sarcasm). Your lack of understanding and unwillingness to accept possibilities outside of your own comprehension is insane.

If you see a big boxer casting spells on all their characters pretty quick, THEY ARE NOT RUNNING VM's. VM's are one of the slowest and most inefficient ways to box. Even more so if they tried doing it all on 1 pc. To top off how ignorant you are, if you try to use the broadcast feature with programs like synergy, you will get boxcoded. You can try it yourself.

I'm a 6 boxer. Have been since phinny. I know most of the other 6 boxers. 99% of people who box run each account on a separate pc. 99% of people who box on phinny/agnarr/cornaiv do not run any type of 3rd party hack automation for their boxes. Do you really think GM's don't sit and monitor every single 6 boxer heavily? 6 boxers on new server launches get watched every single day. They get checked to make sure each are on a separate PC many times. The few who try to automate their stuff quickly get banned. If all of your theories are true, then why is it that all of the same 6 boxers from every TLP never get banned? Sure, some people try to get away using automation and most of them end up getting caught, but the vast majority of people who box do it legit.

I don't even feel like wasting my time to even explain to you how most boxers do it and can make it appear as if they are casting spells on their characters at the same time, because I know you must have a sub 90 IQ putting you below the point of even being able to read instructions and properly follow them. Just stop. Take your losses and stop.
  13. Babayetu0101 Journeyman

Can you PM me with how you do it? I don't currently, but am thinking about it. Would be cool to try one day.
  14. jeskola pheerie

You know Billy too?
  15. jeskola pheerie

This. I am lucky to get 6 to 8 hours a week for xp. Boxing allows me to log in and grind right away, or spend time camping an item or whatever else. Without it i would be screwed with my limited xp time.
  16. Death Strudel Augur

This sounds like the future name of an MMO addiction recovery meeting:
    Friends of Billy Mageface
    jeskola likes this.
  17. jeskola pheerie

Disclaimer: candystore clearly works for Logitech sales!
  18. jeskola pheerie

That is a poor analogy.... stick to the vmware and logitech ads!
  19. jeskola pheerie

Lockjaw has 4 active raid guilds in current content including one with enough to split raid. We had 4 instances of Paw up this weekend as people took advantage of the xp bonus. We have no pesky truebox code and great XP rates. Come check us out! Oh yeah i believe Silinius offered to PL all refugees to 65 as well.... thanks Silinius!
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  20. BigHurb New Member

Speaking of white-knighting psychos on que! This is why the poster chose the "excuse" they did, hahah and you fell for it ... ya right bra , she has 2-3 hours free time and spends it on 4 computers LOL unreal what people believe these days...

keep boxing, ill keep fearing and KSing your shniz at will!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.