True Box

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tyrial, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrial New Member

Coirnav is a “True Box Server” like Phinigel. On a True Box Server, each player will only be able to play on one EverQuest account from each one of their computers.

This is a pathetic joke these guys are no running around with 5+ computers to box on this server. They are using programs like VMware to run multiple operating systems off a single hard drive.

Annoying to have wasted money and time re signing up for this utter garbage.
    Dunamys and SithWizard like this.
  2. Tyche Elder

As mind boggling as it may seem, there are plenty of people with 5+ computers just to play eq. You can buy cheap old pc and laptops that can handle the game with limited settings. Sure they use a keyboard repeater but that isn’t against the rules. Might get disconnected occasionally if they continually press the same key that’s it.

All about those sweet krono sales.
  3. Trox2010 Augur

While I am only running 1 account; I do have 5 computers (6 if I wanted to install it on my work comp) that can easily run EQ, and I could probably get another 3-4 for maybe $300 if I wanted. So while there are people that may be using work arounds don't just assume everyone is, because it is quite easy for them to have multiple set-ups.
  4. Hdizzle Augur

It is a joke... I mean what century is this that someone has to jimmy-rig 3 laptops just to box? Its a silly restriction.
    Chatoyan and Xanumbik like this.
  5. Laronk Augur

I was going to 2 box, had my laptop out tried it out last night on agnaar and decided I didnt want to 2 box. I have the pcs to 6 box but it seems like a lot of hassle
  6. Mosius New Member

I agree 100% I would like a refund myself. I have seen Just in 30 minutes time At Least 6-7 Boxed groups. all Mages or Necros and a few mixed groups. It's a joke and i will be cancelling my sub tonight.
    SithWizard likes this.
  7. Febb Augur

Why is it such a big deal that there are boxers playing? How does it affect you playing?

If you feel like groups are botting, then submit the evidence.
    snailish likes this.
  8. Mosius New Member

Because the economy gets all screwed up. They level 3x as fast and go start farming items and plat. So then if you want an item you have to Buy a krono to sell to get the plat to buy the item you want because they have it perma camped.
    SithWizard likes this.
  9. Mosius New Member

I have been around EQ since Beta in 99 and have Maxed out toons on Xegony. I just never have had anything to complain about. So think again.
  10. Febb Augur

Coirnav is a truebox progression server. That means Daybreak supports boxing as long as you are playing each character from it's own PC.

People holding down camps and selling items has literally been around since the game was launched.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

As predicted, Coirnav will have the largest percentage of krono farmers, boxers, and toxicity in general.

It's a server that appeals to virtually no existing EQ players.
  12. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Never had anything to complain about, at least until people first started boxing in March of 2018
  13. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

So are you saying that krono farmers and boxers don't play EQ? Or that they don't exist? I'm confused....
  14. Mosius New Member

Yea multiple people in groups camped items and conversed and people came and went. You Learned how to play your class and got to know people. Now it's One person that is not interested in anything but Plat for Kronos so they can fund more Bot groups. I logged in for 30 Minutes in that amount of time i saw at least 7 Boxed groups come out of the entrance of Nerriak. and that's just out of one starting city.
    SithWizard likes this.
  15. Laronk Augur

yet the server has tons of people on it
    skattabrainz likes this.
  16. Mosius New Member

No the economy was Not screwed up by Plat farmers on the Original servers. There were no Kronos in the game. And yea some people boxed but not every person playing the game. and They may have boxed 1 extra toon or a couple but not full groups.
  17. snailish Augur

Boxers aren't the problem really.

Sometimes problem players are boxers, true. Report problem players with proof of them cheating.

If all loot from NPC was nodrop there would only be a few "contested" areas where it would be worth the bother of trying to sell loot rights. Tradeskilled items would also have more value, but then the mass-farmers would be seen hogging the tradeskill drop camps.

So it depends where you want the "problem" to be.

Parallel loot being added to equal-difficulty areas would help too. Lower Guk is a loot candyland, but realistically is meant to be a 30s to 40s zone. It is not supposed to be where everyone is to 50. Imagine a Flowing Blue Silk Sash dropping in Kedge with the same haste, but a bit of AC/stamina, Nagafen's Lair could drop a red version with a bit of agility on it, Permafrost a white one with +dex...
    Fallfyres likes this.
  18. Febb Augur

I've been playing a dark elf as well out in front of neriak on Coirnav and I have seen maybe 2 boxed groups so far. Not a big deal, it's their right to be able to box.
  19. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Yeah it's always pleasant to look back at the early days of EQ, especially with a pair of these bad boys.

[IMG]
  20. Vicus Augur

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.