You CAN have my stuff! The straw.."nerf"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Torpor, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Torpor New Member

that finally broke this old camels back. April 1999 join date on good ole tarew marr, ahhhh the memories.

I realize this is a new account for posting as ive only used this account as my main for a couple years. So of course with that anything I say can and will be held against me in the everquest credibility courts. It means the words that follow take on exactly zero meaning to the majority of everquesters with post counts greater than 5!! But as a paying player for nearly 20 years I will say it any dam (spelling error intended) way.

Im tired of paying for an expansion with the promise of a stronger character only to have the character NERFED to the point of being weaker than what I was using the expansion before. You destroyed my mage. No problem switched mains. Demolished my bard. Ok lets try warrior. Nerfed weapon stance and mitigation right when he finally tanked a mob and didnt die now he is shelved, replaced with shaman. All the way to 110, between heals/debuffs and a couple dots the shaman easily replaced the warrior between heals and dps on another tank class...bstlord lol.

I dont play on a server with a guild that raids. Finding a group is a once every couple week thing. Having over powered dots really didnt do much when boxing multiple toons because the mobs died fast enough already for the dots to not make much sense every mob. The dots were very important on strenuous encounters where dps mattered but at the cost of heals. Nameds in RoS were semi doable in group gear but very difficult. Now the dps loss to the group usually ends eventually missing a heal being the encounter takes much longer and the mana cost for the weak dots is only conducive to running out of heals for mana on a long encounter.

Its not the nerf that just caused me to cancel 6 accounts. Its the fact that you did it just like you do every nerf. So hard that is knocks you back multiple expansions. At 110 eok nameds are tougher to kill than they were at 105 pre RoS release.

We pay to get stronger from expansion to expansion. I get it when something is out of balance that it needs toned down................but we get TONED up content fell foliage and TONED DEAD toons. I cant for the life of me imagine why I pay for this........

So I stopped. Goodluck. Buenas Suerte. Kiss my butt cheeks. Im out and yes you CAN have my stuff.........though it wont help you win a fight lol.
    Jiggs, Metanis and lancelove like this.
  2. feeltheburn Augur

shoot me a pm with your wares :p
  3. Wizlard Augur

4. Zaviere Augur

Well, shoot. I don't want your stuff if you're actually going to offer it to me up front. That's no fun.
    eepok likes this.
  5. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

6. lancelove Augur

Well put sir! I toast you with my glass of cab high in the air...
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If you “main” flavor of the month classes in and endless rotation of derp, you’re gonna have a bad time.

Enjoy seeing the sun again brah.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Pistols4Pandas Elder

Ive mained a mage for 9 years and none of the changes/nerfs made me change, they still kick . I have a little envy at what zerkers are currently capable of in dps but theres a lot they cant do, too, and theyre difficult to box effectively.

If youre determined to always be 'the best' dps and switching characters to achieve that, youre always going to be disappointed as any class at the top is almost always the next to be nerfd.

Instead focus on being the best at whatever class you are, and if youre bored, roll an alt to box whatever class you think might be interesting.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Quatr like this.
  9. svann Augur

Why dont you post on your original account? Why post on a new account when you know it loses you credibility?
    IblisTheMage and eepok like this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

If EQ is not your thing, then:

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Monkman Augur

Pretty much what everyone else said, playing flavor of the month is almost always going to lead to disappointment. Play what's fun to you: also what server are you on? Is raiding something you would be interested in?
    Corwyhn Lionheart and eepok like this.
  12. ptah Augur

ok I'm sorry you feel bad and are /stomping the feet praying for troll attention..
    Focus AA.. yes until full support EoK more than RoS.. spell select is important. Without EtoD mage turd pet can tank RoS t2 named.. we don't care to slow. slows the ds mod.. whatever.

Take a break. look at other servers.. seekout similar play times at work for you.. I mix match bard with a mage or war.. as my primary players.. I have a lot of fun in RoS. Possible that for me.. as a returning player I'm just happy playing.. and its unknown to me as to how you feel.. idk.

Groups are great.. as I have a strong fellow in AM hours mid week.. I love it.. HAHA I don't stink.. I'm spoiled. 8)

Repeat take a break.. find a home.. make new friends.. slow down the multi box.. as it leads to less social play.. focus on 1 2 or 3 box.. not 6.. and play em better.. and invite non ideal people to tell you jokes and share ideas.

Adventure well. Your mind set is key to future with EQ.
    Gyurika Godofwar and eepok like this.
  13. tnot Elder

Agree w/ Ptah, any more than 3 chars is not conducive to social play. I box 3 and refuse to make another for that reason. 3+ 1 healer merc and leave 2 slots open for real players. Once you start playing completely by yourself the game gets really really tedious and isolating. Anyway there's nothing in the game that can't be done with a very skilled player 3-boxing.
    eepok likes this.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

15. Samatman Augur

Sadly any attempt to talk to people on these forums is met by inveterate fanboism. That's (almost) the only people left willing to go through captcha checks. I totally agree with the OP. The game would simply be better if they stop stirring the pot. Period.
    Kaenneth, Lily and eqgamer like this.
  16. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The sad thing about hearing about Shaman and Druids quitting because of another nerf devastating classes is it was all preventable - in BETA. Why on Norrath were these dots like 40-65% more damage than in EoK? It makes the ridiculous mana cost on them even tougher to swallow for people that play these classes. What were the Devs thinking on this? Lower the blessed mana cost!!!!

Sorry to see another 19 year player leave. Good luck to you!
    Caell and eqgamer like this.
  17. Siddar Augur

OP should have played a necro when they were good.
  18. Kitekat New Member

Yes, canceled my accounts too, but the reasons are many. They will run into silver/free and then I play around with a bit tradeskill, do more important things or go back to other games. As a longterm fan to the game itself for nearly 20 years I feel the same.

1. Expansions are no expansions anymore - copied zones, with RoS only 5 zones, others are not available to a nonraider and locked behind "raid difficulty missions"
    2. Group content is not playable like in EoK and before (Molo, Solo content is group content, mission are raid content) - and in my playtimes the servers is nearly empty in new zones
    3. Nerfs of classes without any fine tuning - butchery instead of surgery (if you want to do now hard missions with the same classes, kiss your time good bye and loose xp or play another class to 110 so that people will take you into a group)
    4. Overtuning of old content to a point that it makes no sense anymore (HAs)
    5. Everything needs payment, payment, payment - free is a fraudulent tag - compared to old gamestyle I bow in front of the economy
    6. Instable AB Servers - logins not working, lags, kicks from server
    7. Support needs endless times for solving simple things like suspensions due to an error in the billing system or inability to really read petitions instead of sending premade FAQ parts
    8. Masochism should be for EQ Classic Servers. But meanwhile it came back to life servers.

Everything which is a reason to not pay this service. Only hardcare addicts don't realize how bad this service is - but that is the same with every Junkie addicted to a drug.

I would like to have my EQ back - but I have to admit, that will not happen so fast. So its time to make decisions....
  19. IblisTheMage Augur

Shaman, mage, bard still rock.

Change is necessary, without rebalancing the game ends up being not funny for anyone.

This is a mouthful to swallow, and not for everyone.

EQ is quite complex to play, maybe even more than it was in the beginning, because of the number of in game options that grow year over year, only countered by stuff like AA consolitations and the likes.

So not only is it complex, it is an ever changing complexity, and a player has to be willing to live with that, even when that player does not like the changes.

There has to be a core of “improvise, adapt, and overcome” directed towards the game. If not, the lure of low-adversity alternatives becomes too strong.

It is obvious that the OP has a great love for the game (or he is a paid sock puppet from a competitor, doing the Agent Provocateur thing that is the rave again these days), or else he would not have gone through the efforts of maining so many different toons, and also write here. We share the love for the game, man, come back in the fold. It is not better out there.
  20. Ninelder Augur

The last two times they pulled this crap they rebalanced the classes and their players out of existence. I have a real problem with that. There is a right way to balance and a wrong way.