You CAN have my stuff! The straw.."nerf"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Torpor, Feb 27, 2018.

1. ptah Augur

Adding this in as well.
    With RoS and level jump.. the Focus AA and spell choices became important.
    Yes if you don't finish out AA lines.. the focus AA you had before will not work on RoS spells.. but I see so many people race to 110.. and claim its a power loss.. when the end user is picking spell lines that his aa don't mod. Why? Until you get that RoS aa line.. use the eok stuff with the mods

Everyday I see chanter that don't use spell lines that dont procs their synergy mod.. they play as if its pop era and buff bot and CC is the only option. As a 110 chanter I cast and click AA often. Its a pretty active class to play and currently fun as well as powerful.

Mythic bard that are mains.. not auto melody trolls often find RoS to be pretty solid for the class. Tons of Adps procs and again the activity level is higher than before.. not to match the chanter if mash. but when playing to the max. can be.

This game is being played at different levels.. as if its a different game with a single game. Some get it.. some don't.. some will never get it.

If your choice is to play.. find what is fun for you. and do that.
    Adventure well.
  2. Mano Man New Member

Torpor, I share your sentiments. Your thoughts are organized, tempered and accurate. At the risk of seeming more irked, I will add my thoughts. I confess to being less tempered.

Seriously, I want a refund of ROS x 4. The archetype of a well-rounded class was promised and I invested time, energy and money building around my shaman main, only to have the proverbial rug yanked.

I do not intend to whine, though somebody typically accuses it. Rather, I am voicing my position, which I think is consistent with many that main a priest.

If it matters, I am nearly max aa and well-geared. I do not raid. I do a lot with my shaman and appreciate the variety. Dps is not what I expect to be the defining characteristic of my class, but it should be respectable and at a reasonable cost.

The nerf significantly affects me, adding significantly more time to kill. My choice is to revamp and focus less on my main, or do something else. With just short of 19 years on my shaman, I am doing the later.

DB has effectively eliminated shaman dps. Over the years, they have diluted support classes in general, giving melee access to much of what we do, thereby reducing our import. With gear, aa, cleric mercs and a reduced need for cc, it seemed only fair to up dps for support classes, which is what they did for shaman, albeit for awhile.

As best I can tell from the forums, priest dps was out of whack in ROS raids. So in a killing flies with a sledge hammer fashion, DB killed all our dots across the board and for 2 expacs, to include the few that were effective in the group game. They could have focused on long duration dots, tweaked recasts/durations/timers, or done a variety/combination of things. They instead just eliminated the issue with an impulsive, heavy-handed approach.

Btw, where are our 110 combination spells that were promised? We are well into the expac and they have yet to appear. Why is attention granted to the mundane and by all appearances, entire classes seemingly get very little thought or reasonable attention?

I accuse rushed and repetitive content, poor customer service, poor quality control, a lack of vision, and flawed prioritization. Slam me if you must, but please do not allow your love of and/or loyalty to the game to translate into giving DB a pass on poor performance.

If anybody thinks they can justify the roller coaster ride they have put us through, good luck. However you see this latest nerf, they either screwed up for 2 expansions, or they are screwing up now. Imho, they screwed us up in ROS x 2, the latest of which is a doozey. Regardless, its inexplicable.

If any dev cared to hear me, I would say this. Most everyone likes to participate in killing mobs. Relegating my main to a buff/debuff ***** is not going to keep me interested. The same goes for the lack of continuity.