COTF Heroic Dailies

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Georwell, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Daedly Augur

CoTF HA's can still be done. Yes, they are lower exp, especially if you are higher level. I am using them for PLing. My level 88 bst was getting about 13% regular exp and about 89 curency from the hails when grouped with my 110's. That is without lessons. I am happy with that, considering how fast they can be done and the currency earned.

Now I agree that there probably won't be many higher levels doing them due to the lack of aa given, which is about 3 to 4 at 110 without lessons. I think maybe double that and we might see more people whom aren't just PLing alts. Either way, they can still be used for experience, you are just less likely to find someone who willing go carry people through them.
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

There are so many options for leveling up your friends, CotF is probably not one of them anymore, but it's one fish in a big sea. TDS and TBM HA's cap at 105, you can start with those. Or do open world zones. The first place my friends took me at 86 when I came back was Katta Castrum: Deluge. Then once I bought EoK we went to FM. Exp is good even in Katta when you are 85+ with 105's. It's even better in FM. Since you will likely be 110 now instead of 105, you will have to fight slightly tougher mobs to get good exp, but that just means Sarnaks instead of Goblins. Find a good spot where you would duo reasonably well at your level, then add the lowbie. They will level fast, and if you are in a good spot with a named nearby you can gear them up too. I had almost a full set of EoK T1 gear by the time I dinged 105.
  3. WorriedinNorrath Elder

Do you every have anything nice to say? As a longtime forum lurker it looks like you do nothing but post the first impulsive negative thought that pops into your head. Most times it lacks substance, just a quick impulsive statement.
    Mordeen likes this.
  4. monk12 Journeyman

I'm happy just wanted these for the achieves doesn't look I will have to string along my box either, good stuff.
  5. Cicelee Augur

Chase loot is a bonus for an expansion, not a requirement. Developers throw casuals a bone every now and then with an opportunity to get a best in slot item.

And now with the VP quests added in, all casuals need to do is be in a guild that can defeat one raid, loot a raid diamond (six drop per event), and all of a sudden they have three end game best in slot items for their characters. Of course they have to do the three quests (one TS, two non) but goodness gracious the challenge for doing a group game quest and upgrading it to best in slot is wow.

Point is, chase loot being there should never be an expectation of an expansion, but more a gift...
    Zamiam and Belexes like this.
  6. Eonan Journeyman

You're being overly combative and inferring that I believe the game should be easy, when nothing in my post suggested as much. Based on your other responses within this thread though this seems par for the course with you, since you seem to be incapable of having an objective discussion I'll just ignore your posts in the future.

This is absolutely the point I was getting at, the question is whether the toolbox is sufficient, I think that Heroic Characters and Auto-Grants are absolutely fantastic and 100% help returning players, as do the daily quests which unfortunately stop at 90. I actually prefer the Daily Quests and Hot Zones and think that maybe just an expansion of those to level 100 may be a better approach. It's the latter half of catching up that I don't know the answer to as I am not familiar enough with the TBM or EoK HA's to know if some of those will just simply take the place of the CotF ones.
    Quatr likes this.
  7. Natal Augur

Maybe they should play in content at their level? Like everyone else? There is that option, however unpalatable it might be to you.

FYI, new players just have to tick off a box and they automatically get lower level AAs as they level up.
  8. Natal Augur

The "easy way" has always been to do current content.

It is not necessary to rely on stuff from 4-5 expansions back as "current content".
    Belexes likes this.
  9. Natal Augur

Take them through EoK progression....the EoK achs give bucket loads of AA compared to anything else.
    Belexes likes this.
  10. Natal Augur

HAs as they were originally envisage when they were current still work perfectly fine in that level range. It is only when you go above 105 that HA options start diminishing in value, and by the time you reach that level you should have expanded your horizons beyond Gribble and stuff like that I would have thought.

Chardok HAs are easy and go to 105 if you want something higher than level 100 Gribble. The only time HAs become limiting is when you move past 105, and at that point you are a current content player anyway. The most efficient way to level up past 105 when RoS came out was not HAs in any case, it was killing Sarnaks in FM and gates.

Which maybe new players would know if they got out of Gribbles maybe?
    Belexes likes this.
  11. Moldar Augur

The most effcient way to EXP in this game is Grinding. Always has been always will be, the only reason HA were considered "grind" content and good exp is because ~85% or so of CotF was instanced zones.

In fact when they came out some of the best exp in the game was Gribble zone # 1 (into the hills iirc). Literally go in kill everything. Kick the task (and leave to save lesson time), zone out & reacquire task, rinse and repeat.

Originally this is why they changed the EXP to be on mission completion rather than on individual monster kills.

Or basically grind killing monster just with extra zoning (aka Frontier Mountains / any RoS zone just without the zoning)
  12. Zamiam Augur

I liked Cicelee's post and just wanted to clarify in case peeps start thinking im a raider .. I'm not and I dont have Raid gear . I'm just a casual multi-box grouper ... I appreciate DB offering us casuals the chance at Raid gear, but I dont expect it ..
  13. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I ran Marla #3 and all 3 Brother Estle HA's last night and they were all relatively easy. I got 4-6 AA's from each one and they didn't take long to run. That was without lesson or any exp boost, and at level 108. The reward seemed reasonable for the difficulty. After all, this is content that has 4 newer expansions in front of it. I'd have to kill 5-7 light blues in the TDS open world zones to get an AA, and that's pretty similar.

With that said, if I'm running dailies for exp, I'm going to focus on TDS and TBM HA's, the CotF stuff is just about progression for me at this point.
    Dwimmerlaike likes this.
  14. Numiko Augur

Maybe they should bring back Recruit a Friend and the 300% exp bonus!
  15. Red-Liner Journeyman

Sorry for not best English.
    Also returning to game player after maybe 2-3 year not paying.

But also for now Broken Mirror adventures is NPC level is only 105. So for me being not great in gear can be doing HA into Temple and more.
    Was in not being easy for me in many mob being red.
    Now in my box team all in being level 109 to be doing Broken Mirror progressing is easier so for me is good thing. Though not having time yet in trying Temple but am hope to have mobs all blue.

Simple in thought for general XP is being always time in playing. More time in playing meaning more XP in what ever way you play.
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Are you talking about flawless conflagrant diamonds? if so from what ive seen it takes two to upgrade a item and is failable on the tradeskill part or maybe your talking about something totally different.

Andarriel
  17. Tornicade_IV Augur

You know a group of nineties can do ha's themselves? they can be moloed and duoed very easily.

at 102 I did descending tower with a bunch of high eighties. the 88 got 20% xp.

I did death peace and two 110's joined me near the task lock because they hadn't done the mission yet.
    They certainly wasn't gonna be rushed through this content with the 106-110 scaling.
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You're talking about tradeskill gear. He's talking about chase loot. Totally different things. Chase loot is super rare (1 in 5000+ mobs, I think), and has stats similar to raid drops. Chase loot drops from mobs in regular zones.
  19. svann Augur

He is talking crestra earring, and vp quested loots that upgrade with a single flawless diamond.
    And its probably not right to call it chase loot since its not rare like eok chase loot, its only a little hard to get.
    Andarriel likes this.
  20. Tornicade_IV Augur

We have found that VOA Armor visible is a nice gear set for returning players.

Also the tradeskill gear is very viable.

TBM is the best place for a 100 to 105. ITs also a good time to start working on static zones for Saviour Achievements to get those Heroic aa's,

The mistake that can be made is upgrading TBM to 105 and jumping straight to eok instead of finishing out TBM and getting the tier 3 visibles as well as all those bag achievements
    At any time these toons can bail and level up in FM and soon ot I would imagine

I run a community guild on Luclin we seek out ftp and returning players.. because they have others their level. they don't seem pressed to get max level and enjoy the game... do some of them have trouble finding groups on occasion?

sure but missing out on groups is a part of eq.

Two things are key for returning players
    1. soloable content they can do and progress in
    2. and other people in the same boat as they are.
    Eonan likes this.