Feb 21st Live Patch Message Up

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Goodn, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Sancus Augur

I'm a strong believer that you can reach correct conclusions with inadequate reasoning, and that that inadequate reasoning still needs to be addressed. The specifics are important if you want to reach an informed and specific conclusion beyond "this nerf is bad" or something of the sort.

I agree that tweaks need to be done to the nerf, especially to mana costs and the two Druid DoTs that received excessive decreases. I actually have quite a few thoughts on what should be changed, but I won't post them A) Because, while I have a very strong understanding of EQ's mechanics, I am not a Druid main and B) Anything I did post would got lost between posts of "wuah priests shouldn't ever DPS" and "wuah you killed my class." Your response is evidence of this. I probably shouldn't have posted something reasonable given the nature of Forum Quest, but sometimes I can't help myself.
    Slippry, kizant, Spellfire and 4 others like this.
  2. Fohpo Augur

Didn't realize the gets censored, forum quest
  3. Bobsmith Augur

The specifics are always necessary. "Just parse the two" That statement has led to more inaccurate information posted on these forums than any other imo. People run a 300 sec parse and consider their results to be gold. That is not the case in all aspects. SPA and different things that effect the game on a dice roll can effect parse numbers greatly. You need massively long parses to make a semi accurate assumption and even then it can still be "wrong" dokey based on data sample size.

Not arguing the nerf point, only the facts. Nerfs are never good, and I agree with most that if damage was scaled down so mana cost should be as well.
  4. NeverPayForLag Augur

Everything else is pure nonsense. After boosting the Dots up the mana cost has been extremely increased. Now it is dropped into oblivion with 90% and mana cost stays the same? Though in the end I want to know if the dots are now worse than before that boost with the intention to get DPS up.

So some missions and all HAs are made easier again but the classes get a DPS nerf - to compensate that? So that we need more time and pay more? Halleluja!

Plain stupid...
  5. Millianna Augur

Sorry, the world we live in is discrete and not continuous one. As long as you verify your testing methodology and provide what the methodology is the theory behind it is just a distraction fron the outcome. If you say that proc does less damage than dot, please provide the discrete data that back that theory up.
  6. GrekAB New Member

If i wanted to play a char which only can heal i would play a cleric not a shaman, but now with this patch you made it. DoTs are useless now (60% less damage but same manausage as before).
    Do you want to piss off the shm and dru? Congratulation you have reached your goal.
  7. Numzan Augur

Its a Feature :)