Feb 21st Live Patch Message Up

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Goodn, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Goodn Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...e-notes-february-21-2018.247316/#post-3632010

Of course there's no corresponding actual patch message saying date and time, but hey...it's never stopped DBG before.

Quick highlights:
    -Druid and shammy dot changes have same exact wording
    -Added:
    - - Heroic Adventures daily quest experience and point reward scaling have been adjusted to better reflect their difficulty.
    (This is the Clayton Teek stuff I am assuming)

Pretty much all the same...a few minor fixes that devs already mentioned in test threads.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

I guess it lasts from infinity to beyond.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Metanis Bad Company

So at some point early tomorrow we will know that the patch is incoming when they broadcast that the servers are going down in 30 minutes...
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

It's going to be a double super secret probation style surprise! :p:D
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Servers just came down.
  6. NeverPayForLag Augur

nice.. druid and shammy nerfs..

hopefully they adress the ridiculous amount of mana for the Dots.. if they nerf Druid/Shammy dots to oblivion but forget to address reducing the needed amount of mana for it then Druids are not usable for dots anymore... I bet i smell an Everbug

Luckily I managed to end EoK progression before that nerf. Atrebe Mission will be a pita without Druid/Shammy power. So the whiners have their difficulty level again increased... my condolences - dear group geared players and casuals...
  7. Fohpo Augur

You can literally brute force this mission at 110 in EoK group gear...
  8. Kianara Lorekeeper

At least on the druid end, the "nerf" is only affecting a few dots (Moonbeam, Overwhelming Sunray, etc) .. our straight dmg dots are unaffected (NBW, Sunflare, Chill, etc)
  9. Numzan Augur

OH boy more nerfs? what is wrong with this game... geez back to retirement. It should be renamed Evernerf not everquest. Ive seen more nerfs then one can count. Do devs not realize people pay to play the game?
  10. Fornow Lorekeeper

do they ever give a time when they come back up ?
  11. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Nope. NBW, Horde, Sunflare, and Chill all saw 30-50% Damage per tick reductions and the mana cost stayed the same.

The Sunray/Moonbeam lines saw 90% reductions and the mana cost stayed the same.
  12. Gendor Journeyman

13. NeverPayForLag Augur

NINETY PERCENT?
    AND MANA STAYS THE SAME?

What is wrong with these people? This must be sarcasm, irony... or a bit of a joke? Hopefully...

Removing Druid dots will have the same effect... nobody uses something which makes you OOM and nearly no damage compared to nukes!

Yes and no. That depends on classes and AA. Tested that with EVERY class in different combinations from 14k-AA to 30k-AA. If you have high AA and the high DPS classes it is easy. If you have lower DPS classes than it is wipe after wipe. This was no problem before the nerf beginning last year about 3 month after EoK release as long as it was possible to kill one iksar after the other and avoid having 4 at once on the tank.

Somebody suggested to make 4 Zerker, 1 Tank, 1 Cleric for a good group. Diversification seems outdated...
  14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

So their logic behind the 90% reduction was these spells were originally not stackable and the original DoT revamp was designed to remove stackability and provide the same mana cost/damage you would use/expect from stacking several tiers of the spell.

Obviously, the problem is a 2k DoT is useless at level 110. 1handed raid weapons have procs that deal 3-3.5k base damage. 2handed raid weapons have procs in the 9-10k realm. It is absurd to have a max level DoT do less per tick than a weapon contributes with procs, especially with how frequently procs fire with Heroic Dex, Weapon Affinity, etc.

Those DoTs should've seen the same 30% reduction dropping them from 20k/tick to around 14k/tick. Instead they saw a drop from 20k/tick to 2k/tick.

Beyond that, all DoT lines should have received a 25-30% mana reduction to reflect the damage potential dropping.

Unfortunately none of these common sense solutions were implemented.
    Bolo and svann like this.
  15. Nuttann Elder

The changes suggested here seem reasonable or at least something approaching them. We will see what ends up going live. Even back when people were calling for priest dots being reduced, in the back of my mind, I was wondering if they would adjust the mana like I thought they should. The 90% reduction, assuming accurate, does seem too harsh.
  16. Cicelee Augur

I was under the impression that weapons have a set proc rate, or a maximum amount of procs that they can do per minute (ppm). Is this not true?
  17. Intenso Augur

next flavor of the month class with be??
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Procs have an aimed proc rate. 2 procs per min in main hand and 1 proc per min in off hand is the base in classic EQ with 255 DEX.

However Weapon Affinity is another 90% proc rate. Combat Effects at 100 is another 100%. Which gets you to around 6 per minute in main hand and 3 in offhand. I believe Heroic Dexterity also has some impact on proc rate? Beyond just its contribution to Combat Effects?

This is just a chance number though. It's not a hardcapped number. So RNG can see you proc 20 times in a minute or 2.

Regardless the proc value was shown to illustrate how something we generally take for granted (proc DDs) is doing more damage than a DoT that has a base mana cost of 20k, which is around 10% of a Druid's mana pool at the top end. Even after all the preservation and mana recovery returns take effect, this is a spell that is very poorly balanced.
  19. Sancus Augur

Spell procs are normalized based on cast time. The proc rate is Base 1 / 100 * Normalizer. If the spell's cast time is less than or equal to 2.5s the normalizer is 0.25. Otherwise it is (Cast_Time - 1) * 0.167. Base1 is the value on the proc, and is normally 100 (Prayer Shawl is 80). Items can also have proc modifiers, although I'm unaware of any modern raid weapons that do. Melee procs work differently, but that's probably less relevant for Druids.

In general it's a misleading comparison though, since proc base damage is not the same as DoT base damage. The highest Necro normal DoT is only ~5k base damage, but that doesn't inherently mean its less powerful than weapon procs. Obviously Necros have additional DoT modifiers, but a big part of the difference is that foci (SPA 124) crit for DoTs. As such, a DoT with 10k base damage will crit for significantly more than a nuke with 10k base damage, other modifiers being equal. Not to mention procs are level 255 and as such the vast majority of things don't affect them.

Not saying they shouldn't look back into the nerfs to those spell lines and the overall mana cost, but proc damage isn't really a good reason.
    Bobsmith likes this.
  20. Millianna Augur

The specifics aren’t really necessary - just parse the two. Theses changes are complete over done and they essentially pulled the rug from underneath the class. They don’t want stackable dots, so they gave the class a phony upgrade and then nerfed them almost back to where they were to start with