The Lazy Mage Video Tutorial (Handy macros, Gamepad mode, etc)

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Vizier, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Vizier Augur

Nice clean look doom. I get where you are going but my laziness overcomes my desire for extra screen space in regards to extra hotbar / chats. Sure I could trim a lot of mine down but then I would occasionally have to swap hotbar pages and I'm too lazy for that lol.
  2. Bikk Journeyman

I found this super helpful thank you for posting. I do have a couple questions though.

I've never used the ice sliver, I didnt realize it could be used between casts. Is the level 99 spell the correct one to use here, couldnt tell from the video, sorry using phone to view.

I never knew about the summon monster + reclaim energy combo. Typically I would Gather Magnitude each time it came back up from Chaotic Fire procs. Is there any reason to still use Gather Magnitude, also does the monster summoning take reagents?
  3. Vizier Augur

Glad it helped you :)

Re your questions: Yes Icebound Paradox lvl 99.

About Gather, in my opinion it's obsolete at this point. I swapped in the mod rod spell which I use a lot more. Symbiosis is another option. You could also put Volley of Many here and never have to worry about changing spell sets to burn.
  4. Vizier Augur

5. Bikk Journeyman

Thanks for the response. Last question, how did you get your pet to look like that?
  6. Brohg Augur

None of those are mutually exclusive. burning symbiosis, wand of burning modulation, gather capacity should all be used all the time, and Volley is not just a burn spell to swap in!

Burning Symbiosis and Wand of Burning Modulation are both only functionally cast 1/15mins, so those are swap spells.
  7. Vizier Augur

But the point of this all is to streamline the process as much as possible. I have no desire, or quite frankly time, to stop what im doing and swap spells around constantly. I have no need for further mana regen beyond mod rod x2, mana reserve, and eating pets. Using those tools I have endless mana that comes back fast and requires very few clicks.

I have no need for symbiosis / gather mana. I'd rather use the slot for wand since I go thru those all the time.

Regarding "of many" being more than a burn spell I have to disagree, at least if we are talking about solo / molo mage. Theft of essence proc barely adds any dps from my testing, though it does give a bit more aggro on yellows and reds. It's +avoidance is really nice when tanking nameds which is the only time i use the spell anyways.

I'm not the absolute authority on the maths behind mage spells though, I completely leave open the possibility I'm wrong. This is all just based on my own personal experiences. I have developed a system that works for me, and might work for someone else who is interested in doing high dps (for a mage) and clicking very few buttons.