RE: Customer Service response to suspensions

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hawrlee Quinn, Jan 4, 2018.

1. just_some_bard Lorekeeper

When you used to flip Droga, it still took 5-10 minutes, even if you DA'd past all the trash up top. Flipping something in 10 minutes vs 1min is a calculable difference.
  2. Thrillho Augur

6 years ago, and it's identical to what was quoted by CS, and you're still thinking it was fabricated?
  3. just_some_bard Lorekeeper

I hope they look at the logs of some of these individuals and ban them permanently. I've seen some standout names in the locked thread who are permanent AFK botters. God, every mole of every atom of every cell in my body is tingling with excitement. I hope you guys burn! MUAHAHA!
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Simple google search:
    Everquest Rules of Conduct – Help Home

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en.../230629007-Everquest-Rules-of-Conduct?...
    Oct 1, 2017 - You will not exploit any bug in EverQuest and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits in game), either directly or through public posting, to any other user of EverQuest. You will promptly report any such bug via the ...
  5. Thrillho Augur

CRAZY TALK! An official website with the official rules of conduct posted PRIOR TO December 18, 2017, and it's identical to what was posted December 18, 2017 by a DBG employee, and is also identical to what was posted 6 years ago? No, this can't be!

Alas, although your Google-fu is stronger than mine, we must both relent - only an official response by an official DBG representative posted on these official forums in this official thread linking to the official rules PRIOR TO December 18, 2017 will be acceptable.
  6. Hawrlee Quinn Journeyman

Ok, so the prior RoC was cited from an official EQ site, so I will concede to that and offer an apology for being wrong there. Now, where's the reason for dis-proportionally applying the penalty to only one mission and not those that "exploited" others?
    Geroblue likes this.
  7. Derrick New Member

8. Waf Master New Member

So wonder if someone KS'ed a bot group exploiting stuff could they get banned for exploiting the bot group. Asking for a friend.
  9. Sad Panda Elder

are we breaking the rules by talking about it here? I mean someone is telling us about the exploit now
  10. millaa Journeyman

I love the lawsuit threats... Can't wait to see Randomplayer00 vs. DBG on People's Court.

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Barda Lorekeeper

No... but atleast the rule is being enforced across the board. What you people are saying is speeding is illegal on all the roads, but we will only enforce it in school zones.
  12. phattoni Augur

you exploiters should be perm banned, enjoying playing my unbanned accounts because i didnt exploit.
  13. Igniz Augur

Considering that in the logs of Droga, Thuliasaur, etc. etc. it would probably be the same people that were suspended this time - do you really want them to go back to the old missions and add suspensions for these infractions to your total suspension? What was it? +7 days per infraction? Do you really want to be able to login somewhere in June nex time?

Pretty sure this will become standard starting now for every further instance of avoiding a lockout like this. Hurtmyfeelings Cryingmax is only the point where they drew the line.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hmm This reminds me of something.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

16. Trafthek Lorekeeper

rule
    ro͞ol/
    noun

1. 1.
      one of a set of explicit or understood regulations or principles governing conduct within a particular activity or sphere.
      "the rules of the game were understood"
    com·mon sense
    ˌkämən ˈsens/
    noun

1. good sense and sound judgment in practical matters.

Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  17. Barda Lorekeeper

Nice copy and paste .... a rule is a rule. There is no grey area period. Grey areas imply it is a suggestion, or a recommended course. Simply put, if there are missions out there you can loot the chest after dropping the task, it is a suspend-able offense. .... Sugar coat it all you want, lack of enforcement implies consent.

Hey brainiac ... Im not suspended. I can still play. Or did you not notice that????? Everyone assumes anyone who is offended, or complaining about the suspensions is in fact an exploiter.
    Geroblue and Lily like this.
  18. Kase Augur

They should do nothing to those who exploited the game , BUT make them watch and give those who didn't exploit a great reward. That's punishment and reward!
  19. phattoni Augur

sure you didnt, thats why you are trying to make it seem like it was perfectly ok to do, i bet you didnt exploit on your main account, but the 20 free to play accounts you have did.
  20. CHONGQING New Member

While you are at it, why doesn't DB suspend or ban those that KS? I go to the trouble of pullng and DOTTing a mob, expending mana on it, and a high level player swoops in and steals it from me? This has happened with regular as well as named mobs. and when I petition, GMs just look then other way and don't do anything to punish the jerks that do this...I have wasted so much time doing /reports, screenshots and petitioning only to have the GMs not do what's right.....this sure is an exploit as well, as these KSing players are receiving a reward from something that I used my mana and HP on...IMO DB needs to man up and do something about jerks like this. the KSers openly gloat about this and continue gleefully doing it, because DB will not stop them. What's it teaching me and others that try to play correctly? When I get to level 60, should I go and do the same thing, as DB won't do what's right and punish the bullies that do this?
    Geroblue likes this.