RE: Customer Service response to suspensions

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hawrlee Quinn, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Hawrlee Quinn Journeyman

So, CS responds to the suspension thread, then promptly locks the thread. Here's my response to your response Roxxlly. Show us the Rules of Conduct that were posted PRIOR to the modifications made on 12/18/17 .. if #12 was present in those rules, I'll shut up, eat this suspension, and be back in game in 2 weeks. If not, and that caveat was added on 12/18, and 2 days later you decide to take the mission down and retro-actively suspend people that had broken a brand new rule of conduct, I'd suspect you might be staring at a complete public relations nightmare, not to mention possible impending lawsuits.

Like I said, simply show us that that was available in prior Rules of Conduct .. I'll admit I was wrong, apologize, and go on about my business. Otherwise ... winter is coming.
    wafsuspended likes this.
  2. WAFLOL Journeyman

/crickets
  3. Jaay Lorekeeper

You abused a mission in a way that is not intended, and you damn well knew it wasnt intended to be used in that way.

Stop crying, and be happy you didnt get PERMA banned, cause thats what I think should happen to anyone that exploits something in a way like this.

EQ isnt played by ignorant 12 year olds, Its played by adults that I atleast hope have a bloody working brain!
  4. Thrillho Augur

Are you really going to try to make the case that you didn't know that exploiting a bug was against the rules? A better stand to make would be that you didn't realize that this particular bug was exploiting.

As convenient as it is for CS to link a set of rules that is only a few weeks old, google-fu will do wonders. A quick search of "EverQuest rules of conduct" came up with this: http://callidusguildeq.proboards.com/thread/695/everquest-official-rules-conduct. Albeit it's not an official EQ / DBG webpage, the rule still stands, and according to Google this was made Jan 19, 2012. I'll quote it for you:

Looks the same to me. Again, not an official site, but considering it's identical I would imagine whatever source this is from is probably the official one.

As for
    Really? Posting that 7 minutes after the OP and you're calling for crickets?
    Igniz, Denial_Sinfae and Sancus like this.
  5. Lufraki Elder

This part says it all, you may not have participated in the exploit, but if you told people about out, you are still guilty.

Either way, suck it up buttercup, you get what you deserve.
  6. WAFLOL Journeyman

There are mentally challenged people that play this game. I've met quite a few of them, or how about people on drugs to help disabilities?..Maybe they DIDN'T know what they were doing was wrong..That's just the humanitarian in me, the fact remains. There should have been adequate warning. What they did was extreme beyond belief.
  7. Jaay Lorekeeper

So its ok for a "mentally challenged" person to commit murder cause "he didnt know it was wrong"
    Stop trying to defend ppl that clearly broke the rules!
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

"murder", " extreme beyond belief"? Needless hyperbole time I guess. People broke rules. The punishment was perhaps harsher than warranted, but punishment of some sort is certainly warranted for obvious exploits. And if you try and argue that many of these folks didn't realize it was an exploit you will deserve little more than laughter.

On the other hand (isn't there always an other hand?) if someone was punished unjustly, take a deep breath and calmly explain why it isn't warranted. Reply to your e-mail from DBG with facts and avoid hyperbole and you may well get what you want. DBG, and SOE before them have reversed punishments and have apologized from time to time.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

And remember. It is still just a game. Real life is still out there.
    Hawrlee Quinn likes this.
  10. Hawrlee Quinn Journeyman

Oh please, continue calling the suspendees "cryers", "whiners", "buttercup", etc, etc. Doesn't bother me one little bit, nor will it change my ire over the situation. Again, none of us would have a problem if this suspension was equally applied to ANYONE that had violated the lockout timers. But it wasn't. It was selectively applied to ONE mission, and ONE mission only.

ALL we are asking for is some consistency. Provide that, and 3/4 of the people complaining will shut up. The other 1/4 .. well, you can't please everyone.
  11. Febb Augur

What are you going to sue for? The only lawsuit I can see is not being able to cancel their payments while the account is suspended. Other than that, there is nothing that a lawyer would touch.
  12. Thrillho Augur

I thought you were going to admit you were wrong, apologize, and go on about your business?
    Igniz and Sancus like this.
  13. Spellfire Augur

This.

Where are suspensions for people who did Droga etc ...
  14. Thrillho Augur

Damages equal to subscription time paid for but not wanted. Put a backcharge on it from your bank or credit card company and get it back, although you'd be permanently banned for that. Or damages for 21 days of not playing.

What's the filling fee for small claims court? $250? $250/12 months = $21 per month. All Access = $14.99 / month without a multi-month bundle. If you subscribe per year, you're out $9.99/mo.

Have fun with the lawsuit guys.
  15. Huna Journeyman

Can we finally BAN people for automated game play also while were at it?
  16. WAFLOL Journeyman

The jackals are out in true form tonight.
  17. Thrillho Augur

But officer, everyone was speeding!
    Officer: I didn't catch them, I caught you.

Alright, the Droga folks are suspended too. What now? Are you unsuspended? "Haha! I got you too!" doesn't help anyone.
  18. Spellfire Augur

No, they were not suspended.

Again, why only this one mission.
    Geroblue likes this.
  19. Hawrlee Quinn Journeyman

I will once DB provides what we've asked for, not a random someone providing a link to something copy and pasted 6 years ago. A simple, official response with a copy of information I'm sure they readily have available, and an explanation why this policy is ONLY being enforced as it relates to this mission and not others. That's all. Simple, quick, and easy end to the whole thing.
  20. Thrillho Augur

Lowest fruit on the tree, easiest to set an example.

Why Droga? Why not include Lceanium too? There was an aug in that, and a bag! Lets not stop there - why not any of the TBM missions? or CotF?

The line had to be drawn somewhere. It was drawn here. Don't ask for more of a punishment.