No XP back from rez at 110

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by isabot, Dec 14, 2017.

1. segap Augur

They already fixed it. It's on test baking to make sure nothing got broken worse. There's nothing for them to have someone working the weekend to fix further (unless someone has reported a bug against it). They're following a prudent release protocol with the fix considering what else it could break if they got it wrong.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Horyuken Augur

3. Sad Panda Elder

I would agree to "Prudent release protocol" if it was always followed, but it is not. They have patched plenty of things without testing and caused bigger issues.

Very recent. Mage pets on agnaar were casting to strong a spell, so they hot patched it and made the pet stronger. hot patch again next day and made the pet stronger. finally a day later they did it again and got it closer but not right.
  4. Sad Panda Elder

I am not saying the whole thing was pre-planned, but once the situation presented itself they had options and choose the one that effected players negatively and made DBG the most profit.
  5. Sere New Member

They have had 4 days of testing it's way past time for an emergency patch. If it affected more classes than hybrids and some races it would have been patched first day.
  6. Thrillho Augur

Not posting on these forums =/= not working. I know very little about programming, but I'm certain that it's done on a platform other than whatever this text box is. Just because they didn't post on Friday doesn't mean they're not working. And taking a weekend off? Good on them - they just did 6 weeks straight of beta and could probably use some time at home with their families, friends, or anything other than this.

Are you seriously buying xp pots over and over again to make up for the xp you lose when you die at 110? If you lose 110, so what? Stay at 109 and turn on AAs - you have thousands to grind out. Or work on tradeskills. Or progression. Or gear. Or augs. Or coins.

Doctor, it hurts when I wave my hand.
    Well, your arm is broken - stop doing that. Let it heal, and in the mean time wave with your left hand.
    But I'm right handed! This is unacceptable!
  7. Kyzvs Augur

Keep drinking the kool-aid SP ;)
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I really doubt they are selling more xp-potions because of this bug, if anything I would expect it would hurt potion sales instead.
    I think most people are just holding back with regular xp until the bug is fixed, as that seems to be the most time efficient way to play atm.

Luckily, you can enjoy the new expansion, without being level 110 the first week. :)
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If you have this issue, did you copy your char to test to help test to see if their are any negative effects to the fix. If not why not?

I expected to see a patch today, but it could be not enough level 110 hybrids have copied over to test to test their fix. Or that they have found something else goes wrong instead which is far worse. Things like this cannot always be tested properly internally with the GM powers they have on accounts, many times we have seen things for them are fine but not for players.

We have hit hard code limits before, but nothing as serious as losing EXP and I wish them luck digging through the spaghetti code that is EQ to get it fixed.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Not to mention, anyone who could get to 110 in a few days, can make up 10% of a level in pretty short order, XP pot or no XP pot. Sheesh.
  11. Warpeace Augur

Tell you what, you take 7% xp loss per rez at 110 and then say how great it is.
  12. Kemp175 New Member

This is so aggravating. I took work off for this expansion, I wanted to stay competitive with some friends. All I do now is make sure I have enough xp to cover my deaths and grind it back up to make sure I don't de-level. I could of had so many aa's by now. There needs to be compensation soon.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Apples and oranges.

I never said it was a good thing, or something not to be frustrated about.

It was a simple point. Is this bug spurring XP pot sales? That was the only question. And to me, that seems ridiculous.
  14. Ratbo Peep Augur

It's ridiculous to think it's was intended to spur XP pot sales.
    To say that's not been a side-effect is equally absurd.
    My progression group had a hybrid (me) and an Iksar monk on the team.
    We had to take today "off" from Veeshan key grinding because it was too risky.
    I have to say it's rather alarming that there's been no Dev posts to this thread yet today.
    All weekend we thought it was going through on Monday for sure.
    This is a very serious issue as people spent real money on deluxe editions of this Ex-Pac, bought many shared bottle of adventure 3's (at $35 a pop!) etc to get leveled up to speed fast. And a lot of this is now lost/wasted - due only to this bug. Yes - some compensation is required to the Hybrids and Iksars now constantly hovering between the high side of 109 and the low end of 110.
    -Rat
  15. Atvar Augur

The only thing that's ridiculous is the complete silence from one of the biggest bugs in game history.

You're getting the necro dot revamp treatment. Just hope you don't have to wait 3+ years.
  16. Muji Augur

They could turn off exp loss on death until its fixed. But that would be asking a lot I guess.
    Nicklaus likes this.
  17. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

18. Zhaunil_AB Augur

As for the "so long":
    Well, RoS isn't even a week old - give them time for a normal patch?
    (normal as in: still "speedy" but following the normal code=>deploy on test=>deploy on live cycle)
    From what they said, the fix for this is already on test and so should go live tomorrow or soonish anyways?

As for the "cannot buy 110AA" - well, of course you can.
    Nothing's stopping you from getting the lost XP back, re-ding and spend the AAs you have gotten while being 109?

You may not be an old enough player to know, but:
    Races with special abilities (OGR stun immunity, TRL regen, IKS regen/AC bonus) and hybrods "bought" these advantages by leveling slower - i.e. needing more absolute XP per level.
    It's been like like forever, even though later expansions all but negated those advantages (and also most of the penalty).
    And even though they did, as you say "remove the penalties" (not really, but they did not make them count longer), those races/classes do still hold a higher total because of that.

Its also not so that "they are the ONLY ones affected" - it's rather "they are FIRST to be affected".
    Sooner or later ANYONE, even a gnome warrior as small and insignificant as they are ;) would have been affected.
    It comes with the age of the game - variables once deemed having a "large enough" realm not turn out to be too limited.
    After 17/18 years...
  19. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I would love this while learning the new events lol
  20. Hiladdar Augur

The purpose in having a test / beta server is to replicate the live environment and get as many as possible to bang away at the keyboard / mouse and try to break stuff, and exploit stuff those non-live server so that what the testers do can be captured recorded and fixed. The greater difference between the test/beta environment and the live environment, the easier it is for bigger and costlier bugs to slip through.

In this case a rather big difference was introduced to the test environment, i.e no exp loss upon death. The exp loss should on beta should of been turn on, and turning experience loss on death on beta server, resulted in a very serious bug being introduced to live servers only to be discovered when the first hybrid died and did not get experience from a res on live servers. This bug lies solely on DBG's shoulders. We as the player base that were on beta server, had absolutely no way to even have an inkling that this was a bug.

Given that as I am writing this, that bug has been fixed on test, and is scheduled to be rolled out on live servers. As such, it is now a customer service issue. Those that died and had to waste between one and two hours per death regrinding experience. Handing a two hour 100% experience potion for each death is equivalent to a slap to the face for those affected, given that affected players not only had to waste time regrinding experience, but could not fully participate in a product they purchased.

If this customer service chooses not to address this issue with those affected, from experience, I know it will transition into a public relations issue outside the forms. People remember crappy service and buggy products. And while a buggy product can be mitigated with excellent customer service, when a buggy product is accompanied by a crappy customer server it turns into a costly public relations nightmare.

Having said that, how are those that died as 110 hybrids going to be compensated? There has been zero corporate communication to it's player base, bot affected and not affected by this bug.