Returning player (Pree 2010)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jaxxy, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Jaxxy New Member

ok so i my problem is my old instillation wont work, i assume that simply because its SOE servers are no longer thee, am i right or wrong?

next i downloaded eq_setup.exe, Run it as administrator i have tried both repair a current installation and do a new instillation the i have a Pretty EQ window with SOE logo then under that a gray ! popup stating

"Unable to retrieve assets from server. please retry in a few minutes/'

i downloaded it from here

https://www.everquest.com/register

" Already have a Daybreak Account? Download the Game. "
  2. Ryanxp Augur

Try uninstalling the game completely before downloading it again.

Its still a massive game and it took me close to an hour or more just to do the install in 2015 (from scratch). I did not have any issues getting it installed and running it though
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

What is your windows version? XP and Vista is no longer supported but you can find player made patch files on these boards that help older computers to still run EQ. Turn off firewalls and anti virus programs and try. I have never noticed a "repair" current installation so not sure if that is EQ or something else.
  4. Jaxxy New Member

that must be it, i am on VISTA, so off to look for a patch.

Thank you most kindly
  5. Jaxxy New Member

So i see that there is a few folks making patch's for people, And that is AMAZINGLY nice of them, but i feel that thous in need of the patch should be upgrading there OS!!!!

i have yet to actually install, but i see no resin why it should not work

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/260524-download-windows-10-free

This is available until the 31st.... ... ... Thank you
  6. xxGriff Augur

7. Jaxxy New Member

So i see that there is a few folks making patch's for people, And that is AMAZINGLY nice of them, but i feel that thous in need of the patch should be upgrading there OS!!!!

i have yet to actually install, but i see no resin why it should not work

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/260524-download-windows-10-free

This is available until the 31st.... ... ... Thank you
  8. Jaxxy New Member

Just an update ihere.

Upgrading/nstalling from Vista with above link is impossible, however any of you still using an old OS, you can clean install (i installed Windows 10 Enterprise) Windows 10 WITHOUT a CD Key. The only negatives I have is a watermark on lower right of my screen and being unable to customize my desktop(unbelievably there no having Windows, for this MS should be commended), but I can run eq without needing a patch

Its unknown how long Microsoft will allow this to happen of if at some point my OS will stop working, I found out about this from reputable websites and none of them say there's any other limatations
  9. Riou EQResource

Think Microsoft was allowing that specific "Free" way on purpose and they basically get you to either pay to upgrade or basically hit you with Ads in the OS to make their money back

The goal on Win10 was to get as many users as possible