The future of TLP servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Ethereal Augur

It's just criticism man, don't be so melodramatic. You're the voice and pillar of the community after all.
    Renshu likes this.
  2. Jaxarale01 Augur

What are you talking about?
    Your entire premise rides on the fact that VP keys are easier on Agnarr than Phinny?
    You are kidding right?

Not only is that your opinion its simply not true...

Forget the fact that you are using a false narrative to try and "prove" something not provable until PoP hits...
    Forget the fact that many guilds are just sitting VP out due to how stupidly painful the ground spawns are...
    Forget the fact that many guilds have taken breaks due to VP and have openly said they will be back in Velious...
    Forget the fact that in every single post on the subject you came to the conclusion before looking at the actual data...

Nothing like dreaming up a narrative and then skewing the information presented to fit said narrative...

You should apply for CNN... you would do well there I think...
  3. Renshu Augur

Did we just read different posts?

:confused:
    Punchu likes this.
  4. Febb Augur

You forgot to add Fox News and all the other opinion news networks out there.
  5. Jaxarale01 Augur

Good point! I just figured I would use the biggest offender for the biggest offender... if you get my meaning!
  6. Ethereal Augur

I think you should apply to CNN. Phini got a reduced spawntime (which Agnarr benefits from currently) well after Kunark opened for them. The little bit of contention you're seeing now is nothing to what Phini and other previous TLPs had to deal with.
  7. Renshu Augur

The whole key thing was a side point. The main point was the disparity between the servers in regard to number of guilds.

Jax, stop worrying about the news and work on reading comprehension.
  8. Jaxarale01 Augur

Funny you would lecture on reading comprehension when you have none... The main point is not the disparity between the servers in regard to number of guilds... it is in the number of guilds that finished VP in his time frame...

That last little part... you know the reading comprehension part that you just tried and failed to shove in my face... is the main point.

He is using the amount of guilds finishing VP in a time frame as a direct correlation to the server failing...

When you take into account that many of those same guilds are simply not doing VP because the charm gating drama of AJ and hours of ground spawn camping is not what they signed up for and it is a show in the extreme... you come to the conclusion that his theory, while interesting, is a complete crock and colored only by the fact that he wants Agnar to fail so he can say: " I told you so! I am cool look at me!!"

In fact he just trumpeted that exact thing in his post... "we were right! Agnarr is failing!"

#readingisfundemental

But hey... its your bs narrative... tell it the way you want... Ill move along now.
  9. Jaxarale01 Augur

and they could keep picks open forever with 1 person... which Agnarr can't...

Do you people even think before you post or are you so tied into your narrative that you ignore the facts?

#stupidisasstupiddoes
  10. Ethereal Augur

You're literally doing the same thing....You have zero data to back up your claims. You're just making statements based on your opinions and perceptions. Try reading your signature bud.
  11. Renshu Augur

Look at the word despite. Read it again.
    He makes his point by using the data numbers on guilds, then adds this comment.

Try again!
  12. Ethereal Augur

They could keep picks open, but the respawn times were still way worse. Agnarr with the increased spawntimes still nets more groundspawns per day than anything Phini had at the beginning. You don't even know what you're talking about, clearly. You didn't face this issue on Phini. You're the one creating false narratives to fit your claims. Just stop it. It's not going to work. You're not even very good at it.
  13. Jaxarale01 Augur

Except I have made no claims, I have only pointed out that he has no facts to back up his claim... and sorry but that IS a fact.
    No one can possibly know what will happen to Agnarr till it happens.

You seem to just be arguing for the sake of arguing...
  14. Ethereal Augur

So he posts actual DATA, to back up his claim (which you still haven't done). This is a fact. He did this, you and I have BOTH quoted him doing so.

You attack his claims because you perceive something as being different, and claim he has has provided no proof or facts, or whatever you're trying to say (it keeps changing).

But I'm the one who is arguing for the sake of arguing.

I take it back, you're real good at this.

*Edit*

Sorry, forgot the part where you actually do 'make such claims'.

15. AgentofChange Augur

Phinny was healthier than Agnarr during Kunark, no doubt about it, but does that really surprise anyone? When Phinny launched Ragefire was not quite halfway through Kunark, and came with instancing & true box. It was like a dream come true for a lot of players.

Agnarr is simply Phinny 2.0 but with a very set expiration date. Yes, it's not a bad server, but it doesn't have that shiny Phinny glow, and a lot of Phinny players stayed on their server. So the people who play on Agnarr are the ones who missed out on Phinny or came from P99.

Comparing the two isn't exactly fair. Just because Agnarr may not be as healthy as Phinny was during Kunark doesn't mean Agnarr is dying. Agnarr is still successful and still serves its purpose as a server. It will get to LDoN just fine.
    Jaxarale likes this.
  16. Renshu Augur

Read the following short story then select the best answer to the question.

Steve and his dad had a great time fishing yesterday. They caught many fish, including a trophy bass. They caught most of the fish with live bait. They had a great time, despite the rain.

This story is about:
    A - Fishing
    B- Rain
    C - OMG VP KEY IS EASIER ON X SERVER
  17. zarkolov Lorekeeper

Once the band wagon gets rolling and people get a funny feeling for bashing someone, Doesn't seem
    to matter if there was a good idea being presented. That's one thing that I say from experience https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/some-new-server-ideas.244212/#post-3588581 when i presented a "idea" for something I thought was a good idea I got bashed for gramatical reasons. And either it was so bad they felt guilty and deleted their posts or the moderators did it for them but either way nobody cared about the "idea".

And tahts what this should be about regardless of how fun the band wagon is

and if anyone has a ground to say so its me because im the maker of one of the most
    infamous eq bashing posts in history so i know what i mean when i talking about "New fun" type of idea's
    Jaxarale likes this.
  18. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I laughed unreasonably hard at this style of making a point. 9/10 would read again.
    Renshu likes this.
  19. Machentoo Augur

So, a lot of other people have made a bunch of points so that I don't need to. But let me respond to this.

Do you really think Agnarr had it any different than Phinny in this regard? We had people charm gating every single VP key mob. In fact, a lot of the guilds on Phinny finished VP key while Bloodgill Marauder was still an ~8 hour spawn, and most of those spawns were contested with charms and instant gate potions and dispells. We sat entire raids in firiona vie for hours, waiting for AJ to spawn.

We had many guilds decide to sit it out, too. Some of those guilds came back for Velious. If you look at our Velious board, we had 19 guilds kill Vulak in era. Almost 50% more than did VP in era. In other words, the upward trend that we saw from Classic->Kunark continues into Velious.

Agnarr, meanwhile, is currently on a sharp, downward trend. That is fact. Maybe the trend will reverse itself in Velious. Maybe not. I guess we'll see in about three months.
    McJumps likes this.
  20. Machentoo Augur

Best thing I've read on these forums in weeks. Thank you.