The future of TLP servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Oct 16, 2017.

1. fransisco Augur

any progression with kronos is a waste of time (queue all the RMT/krono kings flaming to protect their turf)
  2. Febb Augur

Then you would end up with plat farmers taking up camps to sell loot for plat.
  3. Machentoo Augur

So basically, you are saying progression servers are a waste of time. Why are you here?
  4. fransisco Augur

:rolleyes: Thanks for proving my point
  5. Risiko Augur

o_O what.... no. What? I never said I hate everything past 2002. I actually like the HoT expansion. I also loved Everquest II of which I played multiple characters up over the years including doing a ton of crafting on.

And, why would I go to P99 when Agnarr exists? Agnarr is p99 on steroids. No idea why anyone would need to go to p99 with Agnarr here.

Are you sure you don't have me mixed up with someone else?
  6. MaxTheLion Augur

You must have him confused with somebody else. He knows exactly what he wants...

Risiko - And, why would I go to P99 when Agnarr exists? Agnarr is p99 on steroids. No idea why anyone would need to go to p99 with Agnarr here.

Risiko - Well here we are in late 2017, and DBG has the beginnings of the idea already in place; Agnarr.
    Here's the idea...

Server 1 (Agnarr fits this bill perfectly):
    • Content: Original through Lost Dungeons of Norrath
    • 1 charge item claimable 1 per character (only claimable on server 1 ... Agnarr) that will transfer your level 60 character to server 2
    Server 2:
    • Content: Original through Prophecy of Ro
    Goes from talking about how Agnarr is a great "home server for the community" and he has no idea why you would want to go elsewhere and then creates a thread with ideas about getting off the server. I learned today what others have already mentioned and I didn't heed (at my peril). He's either extremely ill-informed about the game, ignorant, or just enjoys trolling people. Either way, best to just ignore it.
    Renshu and Ethereal like this.
  7. Atomos Augur

They sorta are forced to stay there, unless they want to make a new character. If they had the option to transfer to another server, you're saying you don't think they would?
  8. Rhodz Augur

Heh no it is just a pet peeve of mine.
    I am not sure why you would think it anything else.
    Well if that's the way your mind works then create what you will inside it.
  9. Machentoo Augur

Why is this even a thing to ask? Obviously there will be no transfers from P99 to anywhere else, ever. Why would there be?
  10. Atomos Augur

It's an example. He's talking about players transferring from one time-locked server to the next. Sorry for the confusion, I'll try to explain better next time.
  11. Dandy Augur

I came to play EverQuest. But I stay for the forum drama.

Never change EQ. Never change.
  12. Risiko Augur

I think you misunderstand me. I am not looking for a way off of Agnarr. Not in the least bit. I fully intend to have many characters on Agnarr that I play for a very long time to come. If server 2 and 3 were implemented, I would have 1 character I would progress to server 2 and keep there, and I would have 1 character that I would progress to server 3 and keep there. I would then be playing on 3 servers.

I don't look at it as moving on. I look at it as having options of characters to play in different eras on any given day when I login.

I hope that cleared things up some. Sorry for not being more clear.
  13. Risiko Augur

I'm really not. I can understand why someone would think that though. If your perspective how to play the game is to always progress on to the newest available content, then yes that would be what you would do. What I am saying is that some people (especially those who prefer the p99 style of game play) will not choose to move on if given the chance to.

In other words, I think that the majority of the Agnarr audience would not choose to move on to another TLP server that opens up content beyond Lost Dungeons of Norrath because they went to Agnarr specifically to play the content that Agnarr will have on it. If they wanted to progress beyond LDON, they would have gone to Phinigel instead.

The idea of having a server 2 and server 3 for was just a way for DBG to offer 2 more expansion locked servers that offer different eras than Agnarr. There are people that would probably enjoy those expansion locked eras as well, and those servers would appeal to them.

For me, I would have most of my characters on Agnarr, and then have 1 on server 2 and 1 on server 3. That way, I would be able to enjoy all 3 expansion locked eras when ever I want. Each of those eras have great content, and deserve their own locked environment for people to enjoy them as they were intended and designed. Its just not the same to play through those eras' content on Live servers.
  14. Risiko Augur

That is a very rude post. I take offense to that. I hope the moderators do their job.

*** edited to add to this reply because this really upsets me ***

You know, I get the fact that I will get a lot of hate simply because I am so vocal in the community. I get that. Anybody that has any social presence is aware that the more they are seen, the more they will get hated on. That's just how the internet works. People love hating behind the anonymity of their keyboards.

But, honestly. For every hater that jumps on the hate Risiko band wagon, there is someone who sends me private messages thanking me for saying something. I'm not trying to pat myself on the back. I'm just saying that the vocal haters on these forums attack with such ferocity and repetition that it's easy to see why the forums have lost so many good people over the years.

Every time someone posts anything on these forums (or any forums on the Internet really), they take a chance that they will be hated on. I can see why the vast majority of the community chooses not to visit the forums, and even less choose to participate.

If you don't like me, don't like what I post, don't like what I reply, or just simply want to join in on the unnecessary hate band wagon, there is an option for you built in to these forums. Click my name, and click Ignore. You will never see anything I post or reply ever again. It's really that simple.
  15. Renshu Augur

Sometimes the truth hurts.
  16. Drakkal Elder

So based on how a few forum trolls respond to him, you assume people don't like him? You cannot have a different opinion then someone else without having an issue with them personally? Also, you are assuming that the ideas he comes up with do not represent the dislikes/like of the majority based on....again, the same group of forum trolls?

If you don't like his ideas, wtf are you reading threads started by him? The entire point of these forums is to spark conversation, noone said you had to read or get involved in it.
    Risiko likes this.
  17. Ethereal Augur

I feel like you misread everything Renshu said. He clearly stated Risiko is the person who does the things you are mentioning, which is why people dislike him.

As to why people read/respond to his threads who don't like him, because some people actually do like the way EQ is, and don't want it changed, so they in turn voice their opinion. They don't want devs taking what this guy talks about to be what the general population feels. (It usually isn't; see, just to be fair, I even say usually...not always.)

He then in turn, as Renshu stated, will call them krono farmers or whatever else he's trying to push at the time/on the thread.

As I mentioned before, he has been spamming the TLP forums with this crap since at least Ragefire/Lockjaw opened. It's not something new. We're talking multiple years at this point.

His literal signature suggests that people should just ignore him by the way. He knows how much hate he gets. I like how he implies he gets a lot of love in PMs though. :rolleyes:
    Renshu likes this.
  18. Renshu Augur

Drakkal, you make a lot of assumptions.

I know that there are people that do not dislike him, but come one man. He gets more "negative" replies to his posts than anyone else here, including the "trolls". The common denominator is him, he rubs people the wrong way. He may not intend to, but perception is reality.
  19. AgentofChange Augur

People hate on you for a lot of reasons, and it has nothing to do with you being "vocal in the community". Here are some of the reasons:
    - You have no idea what you are talking about
    - You constantly have very, very bad ideas and post them daily. You are one of the reasons these forums are not a constructive place.
    - You ignore any criticism you get, playing it off as hate or trolling
    - For some reason you consider yourself an authority within EQ because you've played the game a long time. Guess what, these forums are full of people with more experience than you and vastly superior knowledge than you.
    - Every idea you've ever had is a significant change to EverQuest, a game we all enjoy. None of your suggestions are "improvements". They are drastic changes that no one would ever want to see implemented.

People who are vocal in the community are generally respected when their posts are well thought out, well intentioned and aimed and positively impacting the game. You have none of these qualities, other than posting far too much.

Simply "ignoring" you is not an adequate solution, as it may lead to the possibility of people coming to these forums and actually thinking anyone agrees with anything you say. Ignoring problems are never a solution.
    McJumps, Punchu, Renshu and 1 other person like this.
  20. Risiko Augur

I think I've had enough abuse. The five of you that attack me on a regular basis have won.

Peace out.
    Renshu likes this.