LDON - with points change, most efficient way to get points?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jeskola, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Nolrog Augur

OMG, how horrible. They actually want you to, *gasp*, do the content to get the reward.
  2. malaki Augur

This just isn't correct, you can buy some mix of 40hp or 40 mana or 20/20 or 10 ac augs for every slot besides charm, gloves and bracers via the merchants for slot 8.
    jeskola likes this.
  3. Brumans Augur

Lol.

Some of you seem to be missing two important points:

1. The game needs to be fun
    2. The concept of RoI

I actually enjoy LDONs, but the quest is not setup to be fun or worth the effort. The charm has:

AC: 10
    +10 stats (who cares, everyone is stat capped)
    +10 resists (I'm a bard, and your raid should have a bard with you anyways, but there's some minor value here I guess?)
    +100 HEM (about half a piece of endgame raid gear in PoP, less than that in GoD, about a third of a piece of OoW)

So really it's like 350 LDON runs, even if you break it up, which is a LOT of effort. Of the same content over and over - much more than you run raids over and over, or camp for a given item. For an item that has VERY little value (10 ac and half/third of a piece of HEM compared to raid gear).

If you're not a raider, I could see it as a "grouper goal" I guess.

Compare that to BiC. Many people don't even find BiC worth effort, but it at least is a VERY varied questline, that I've found a lot of fun. It takes a LOT less time than the LDON aug, and is the expansion right after it. 18 AC, 200 HP, 180 Mana, 4hpr, 4ft. More fun, less time, over double the value of the LDON aug. LDON is of course a lot "easier" as far as you only need group stuff to do it, I guess, but ain't nothing easy about that time sink hehe.

Really, I think the LDON aug would be worth it if the required wins were cut down to probably a third.

Sure, if you want to ULTIMATE min/max, knock yourself out! I don't care. Play what you enjoy! But lets not pretend that this quest is in anyway balanced, that the reward really matters worth a , or that the billion LDON points you'll have by the end of it are useful.
  4. AgentofChange Augur

There ya go folks. Brumans is the dictator of what's fun and not fun, and therefore you are all dumb for maxing out your ldon aug. You losers should listen to him if you want to change into winners.
  5. Brumans Augur

Although I am a fan of your interpretation.

That said - in everyone's various guilds, is there a large contingent of people who are still working on this (or have done it already)?

I recently switched guilds. Noone in my first guild did it, and it sounds like noone in my new guild did it, although one member is taking the "slow and steady" approach.

I think the amount of people completing the quest will speak for itself (both pre and post nerf).
  6. malaki Augur

We have at least 21 characters with completed Adventure Stones, and that's only off the leaderboards, there's about a 10 win gap from the bottom of the leaderboard to the threshold for it so there's likely more. Aside from that it also means that well over 100 people on Phinny have completed it.
  7. jeskola pheerie

This thread isn't about the Aug. I am mostly interested in getting a few ldon items for my alts, and they don't have access to time gear (at least that I want to pay dkp for). Points earned will help my alts for sure. Not everyone plays the same.
  8. -wycca Augur

We still have at least 10 ppl still working on it also - maybe more, I just know who I've grouped with in the last week and ppl who have expressed that they'll work on it again in OoW.
  9. Machentoo Augur

I am sitting about 2/3 done and there are still ~300 people above me on the list. I don't think too many would do 200+ ldons without planning to finish it.
  10. malaki Augur

Yeah, and in era the points are very useful. They certainly become less so later on since you have access to better dropped augs, but when ldon is new that's hundreds of hp/mana/ac etc and some really key spells/songs.
  11. Adonhiram Augur

Don't forget the spells, for some classes they are worth it. As a mage, my first goal to achieve once LDoN comes out will be to obtain the points for the level 64 Calliav spell. Excellent for raids and in the solo or group game for pet pulling. A must have
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

From tommorow (8/16) patchnotes.

--Chests, boxes, and other containers in Lost Dungeons of Norrath adventures now have a chance to drop Adventure Points.

No idea what amount that could be, or even how they would be awarded to a player/group but it is..interesting?
  13. AgentofChange Augur

Maybe if they had a chance to contain wins people would do em
  14. Kahna Augur

Yeah, the nerf was inevitable, but it only had the effect of killing the majority of folks desire to do LDoNs at all. Most of the people in my old guild either maxxed the aug pre-nerf, or didn't bother with it at all. They just got enough points to buy their spells and grab a few token augs. Took about 2 weeks to accomplish that much. After that they never touched LDoN again, outside of the raids. More points are unlikely to motivate more people to do runs, it will just mean you can stop doing LDoN even sooner.
  15. Quazilla Journeyman

I can't imagine how sad it will be to be stuck on a server where Mage's are nerfed, except for the painful LDON raids.
  16. Adonhiram Augur

What nerf are you refering to ? Actually it's in LDoN where the last tanking penalty affecting mage pets is removed (the so called "pet power curve").
  17. Machentoo Augur

It is absolutely incredible to watch them change things like this 14 years after the relevant expansion was released initially. No idea how/what the change will actually be like, but, wtf....
  18. Quazilla Journeyman

Sorry, reading my comment today sounds more acidic than I intended to be.

I guess it doesn't hit hard until Luclin and PoP... the whole MOTM and pet threat transfering to you on boss mobs. The mechanic that makes pretty much every mage trying to be on the meters die (until LDON When warriors get additional hate proc's via the augs, and LDON bosses don't have it.)
  19. Adonhiram Augur

No offense taken :) Sure, but that is already two years old, and MotOW has been fixed, so mages suffer only from the aggro transfer. It is a problem on raids, I agree, but at least MotOW seems gone (I never ran into the situation since the fix where the pet limit is reached and MotOW is triggered) and things get better and better in the solo and group game with the progressive removing of the pet tanking penalty which gets fully lifted in LDoN. The revamp of RoZ and DDD into secondary ("swarm pets" technically) pets helps a lot too (Kunark spells so you should get them now on Agnarr).

All in all, the situation of mages on TLPs has improved these last months. The aggro transfer on MOTM mobs still requires some tweaking obviously, when you use dps AAs (swarm pets, FBO with fire pet, nuke flappy...) it gets iffy quickly...