Hotfix Patch?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kyra_Succubus, Aug 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyra_Succubus Journeyman

I'm using Windows XP, I and manually downloaded the latest official patch from July 19, 2017 (the patcher no longer works on XP). The game worked fine for me after I updated. Now, I can pick a server, but can't get to the character select screen. I keep getting the message saying, "YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED." As a veteran, I'm familiar with this usually meaning that I'm not patched up to date. Below is something I found regarding a hotfix from July 26, 2017. Was this a mini patch? If so, can any EQ users please provide me (and thousands of other paying players) with the necessary files? Thanks. :)

EQ Dev Elder

New
    *** Hotfix ***

- Lady Vox (Raid) - Lady Vox cannot wield her drops, preventing her from equipping the dreaded Scimitar of the Mistwalker.
    - Berserker Epic: Kerasian Axe of Ire (Quest) - The Handful of Prism Grains is now restricted to Gates of Discord instead of Omens of War.
    - The Rathe Council (Raid) - Added logic to prevent the Rathe Council members from respawning instantly when slain.
    - Load balanced versions of Kod'Taz, Broken Trial Grounds will have normal population.
    EQ Dev, Jul 26, 2017
  2. Kyra_Succubus Journeyman

I ran across this, if it helps...

Looking at the .Downloadinfo file it shows eqgame.exe and EQGraphics.dll were changed in todays "hotfix". Those will need to be updated before you can successfully bypass the launcher on a Vista machine.
  3. Kyra_Succubus Journeyman

4. Bigfan Augur

5. Kyra_Succubus Journeyman

Please don't be rude. Zam is where I go for EQ news, and they didn't report anything on a hotfix patch. I only just now found out about it when I attempted to log in. I appreciate you keeping us updated with the files.

6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Although I do not have need of these files, having a newer system, I think Pissedcustomer deserves a huge THANK YOU for posting these files since day one so people with Vista/XP can continue to play the game.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Thousands of players? Hardly. You're in a very small minority still using an outdated, vulnerable to many security issue OS. If the recent WannaCry didn't wake you up, nothing will.
    feeltheburn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.