EQpatch 19/07/17 XP/Vista Installer.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Bigfan, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Bigfan Augur

As the title says.

I have included a new file in this patch. It is a simple .bat file called StartEQnoLaunchpad.bat.
    This is just simple work around for making a shortcut to "eqgame.exe patchme", does the same thing just you don't have to do anything but make a shortcut to "StartEQnoLaunchpad.bat".

Yes yes, it's been explained over and over but so many people seem to not just understand.
    in the batch file it is 2 lines
    "start eqgame.exe patchme
    exit"

That's it.

https://mega.nz/#!lqwkRZII!ENtd8h6wD_UKF_RI6mS-pZOBkyKP_plHlce2VhEjsM4
  2. Bongjohnsilvers New Member

You're the real hero. Thanks so much!
  3. Damezza Augur

what do i do with this file once downloaded?
    Questoften32 likes this.
  4. Bongjohnsilvers New Member

Should just run the downloaded .exe file and install it to your EQ directory and that should update the files to today's patch. Then depending on whether you're using Wineskin, or whatever other wrapper, you need to point the wrapper to run EQgame.exe and add "patchme" in the exe flags. If you're using something else aside from Wineskin just google around to find the patchme workaround. There's a lot of threads that can explain it more clearly. :)
  5. Bigfan Augur

Updated static link and sig, sorry was nearly 2am when this finished uploading to mega.nz.
  6. Frank New Member

Mad love and respect sir!
  7. Poostain Journeyman

So this will allow EQ to run on Vista now?
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

For now, only the launcher/patcher is incompatible with vista/xp, and EQ itself still runs fine. Installing/patching on win7(and later), and then copying the updated game files to a vista/xp machine currently still works(I guess this is what Pissedcustomer is doing).

Don't count on this workaround to work for long though, I doubt DBG prioritizes vista/xp-compatibility anymore...
  9. Bigfan Augur

10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Simple solution is to find someone you know who has Windows 7 or later; buy a 16+ GB USB drive; copy your current EQ Directory to the USB drive; go to friend's house and plug the USB drive into their Win7 or later computer; and run EverQuest.exe from the USB drive. The Launchpad will pop up and start checking for all the files which might take a while, so while it is checking click the cog and then click Open Game Directory just to verify that it is checking in the USB drive. Once the files have updated, go back to your Vista or XP computer and copy the and paste the newer files over. Just will have to do this after each update.
  11. Belkar_OotS Augur

Thanks for making these available btw.
  12. Bigfan Augur

13. Frank New Member

14. asdasd1212 Journeyman

need hotfix patch files pls
  15. Socratic Journeyman

There was no patch according to .DownloadInfo.txt but my XP systems get disconnected when loading into character select.

Did they just add an OS check to prevent us from playing a game we pay for on a computer that is perfectly capable of playing it?
  16. Dega Elder

same get disconnected, on vista here
  17. Mad Thaumaturgess New Member

I have an XP computer and I get disconnected too.
  18. asdasd1212 Journeyman

19. Mad Thaumaturgess New Member

I cant get the files to unzip properly with the rar program I have. Is it possible to get them in win zip file or something? Something an XP user can use ?

Thank you
  20. asdasd1212 Journeyman

its just a zip file ? i used 7zip to zip it try that