Solo TLP server needed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Evertrek, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Evertrek Augur

A server that is adjusted so any class can solo to end game would be worth a sub for me.
  2. ayoforYayoh Augur

This server already exist if you're a necro. It's called Agnarr
  3. Ming Tee Augur

Or any of the live servers.
  4. Illusory Augur

When you use the words, 'end game' are you referring to the current level cap? If so, you can do that on ANY server. The downside is some classes will take longer than others by design.
  5. Phantom Ghost Augur

This exists... eq . They are not that popular.
    jeskola likes this.
  6. Chopsuey Augur

Gimme a TLP like Phinny that launches with all classes available or by at least Kunark. By the time zerkers unlock the group game feels dead unless you can pl yourself. Wouldn't care if you were able to complete 1.0's for bst/zerker until the proper xpac launches either. Just put in spell npc's.
  7. Turinbar Augur

I understand the post is light sarcasm...but there is a grain of truth. I don't box, and honestly my playtime is pretty much limited to whenever boxers feel like adding me in their groups. After they close up shop for the day I'm stuck to LFG. Typically there is no grouping action and it can be hours before I get anyone interested in grouping. Solo players at least on Ragefire are in a very difficult situation. I"m frankly amazed I've reached lvl 65 and have 101 AA now, as a warrior. I've had a ton of help from boxer friends, but when they aren't online, pick up groups are non existent.
  8. AgentofChange Augur

But do you deserve it?
  9. Turinbar Augur

can you elaborate on that ?
  10. Nolrog Augur

Or Phinigel, Lockjaw, Ragefire . . . .
  11. Green_Mage Augur

Honestly maybe they should just put in easy servers for solo players on modern MMORPGs. It beats the hell out of them spamming the forums about how the game is too time consuming and their a family guy with career blah blah blah

The days when anyone was content not raiding the best stuff in the game are coming to a end. People have a different attitude now. I'm paying money for a game experience and what all that experience damn it!

Easy servers are probably the only way to get rid of the inevitable dumbing down of all MMORPG content as time goes on.

However it would take a massive amount of work to to recalibrate everything for solo -- so it might not be a wise use of resources in this case.

Newer games should think about it though.
  12. Thorondor Augur

Yeah, the sucksters need a server they can AFK to max level on, sleeping while their mage pet kills whatever spawns at the spot they leave their toon at when they go to sleep, so they can "experience" the whole game while they're not even at the wheel.
  13. Randomgamer Journeyman

Couldn't OP do that on test server?
  14. Arakash Journeyman

I like this idea. Reading the whining about the Phinny exp. rate the last year or so was enough to make me realize there are folks who are so bad at playing a game like EQ that nothing short of instant max level, instant best gear and instant top mob killed within an hour or so of logging on will ever satisfy them. Rather than play a game the way it was intended they whine until, for some crazy reason, the devs dumb the game down for them.

I think a better idea would be to sell all levels , all gear and instances. Everything should be for sale. That way folks who have busy lives and want to get to the 'real' game can do so quickly, they just have to pay up. Buy the max level, the best gear and pay for the Sleeper. Get your annoying announcement that soandso killed a Moss Snake and then go back to your full lives and leave the game to the gamers. Folks who actually want to play the game could do so as usual. Savoring the myriad nuances of the game without listening to whine after whine about exp rate etc.
    Orxbane likes this.
  15. Phantom Ghost Augur

So you want every mmo available right now?
  16. Lorong New Member

Just add mercs to TLP DB shop, something like 100 per hour. Will help people level/catch up on older servers and bring in the coin to the company
  17. Drina New Member

Comes with the required character suffix of "the Purchased"!
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

Great idea. Instead of exp pots just make them exp levels. "This product is an heirloom. You will gain 4 levels after consuming."
  19. Evertrek Augur

Dudes. You missed the point of my suggestion. Please no back handed way to solo. No more kludges just out right adjust classses and/or mobs so any class can productivity solo to max level. No change to raids or dungeons, just the ability to explore all of EQ and solo mobs.

Mercs and instant potions are fine but that is not what I am suggesting.
  20. Phantom Ghost Augur

So basically create the game from scratch.

You got the zones but all classes and mobs need redesigned. Almost any other suggestion would sound more reasonable than spending resources they don't have for something almost nobody would want.