Drastic exaggeration of krono farmers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Moardots, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Sdoofbuc Augur

Agnarr allows me to play for free on Phinny ;)
  2. Thorondor Augur

Krono is merely an investment vehicle, like platinum, except that it is inflation-proof on a TLP server. If I have extra plat, and I do not need the liquidity at this time, because I am done gearing in classic, I trade plat for krono so that when I am in need of gear again...lets say during kunark or velious, I have the means to cash in that krono at the current going rate for platinum at the time I actually need the liquidity again. How is that "krono farming"?
  3. jeskola pheerie

for max farming efficiency you need the John Deere mod pack

[IMG]
    Risiko likes this.
  4. Rhodz Augur

Not sure I see how it's being exaggerated just because allegedly one guy was impolite.
    Ron White would have field day with the stupid on this server at times though.
  5. Wowjustwow Elder

LOL do you really think someone dedicated to farming currency is making that little? It must be a really pitiful or old game to make such a small amount!

I know a guy who made over 900 krono on a single mage playing completely within the rules on Phinny (so legit) without even breaking a sweat. This guy actually had I believe 6 mages and the 900 was his best camp but when I ran the numbers, I wasn't surprised at all considering how much fire beetle eyes were selling for and considering krono didn't devalue as fast on Phinny as they have on Agnarr.
    If you think about it that's about 10 krono a day which is very realistic especially considering we were seeing krono in the first few days of the server going for 250pp a pop! I can make about 1200-1500pp/hour at seafuries and that is a garbage camp compared to some of these others. That would have been up to 6 krono an hour at the start of the server.

These guys sitting at Efreeti camp are making a good take home. At least 1-2 GEB per hour (if not more) and 1 ring every few hours on average. GEBs are still averaging over 2 krono per and the ring is averaging over 4 krono.

Back to the post though:
    The krono farming isn't exaggerated at all. All it takes is 1 krono farmer at the Golden efreeti camp or 1-2 krono farmers sitting at hill giants to ruin the game for a lot of people.
    If you want to go farm GEBs yourself and you spend a significant amount of time getting into the highly contested camp and 6 mages pop on top of your group and "DPS race brah" (like they did to my group last night), it isn't fun and you begin to question what these farmers really bring to the game or what value they are to the community. I always question why they are defended so much on these forums lol.
    You go to farm hill giants and someone boxing multiple mages keeps DPS racing every hill giant you have already engaged and you aren't going to think very highly of these people.
    Considering how few high plat or high end item cash camps are in the game right now, it doesn't take many nefarious farmers to taint the whole game.

I am not saying all krono farmers are RMT but I pretty much assume that all rude box crews who will DPS race everything or train into a camp likely have a cash stake involved somewhere.
    Your_Ad_Here, Malachi and Rhodz like this.
  6. Diadem New Member

This exactly. It is bothering me so much I am seriously considering being done with this server and game for now. It is to the point now where I feel like I need to try and scrounge up another couple computers and attempt boxing to even compete. And I really do not want to.
  7. Atabishi Augur

How about you scrounge up a couple friends? lol
  8. Risiko Augur

I know it feels like the end of the world for some people because there's limited content available in classic, but the reality is that if you don't get a GEBS, you ... will... be... ok.
    Genoane and andross77 like this.
  9. Risiko Augur

That made me laugh out loud literally. thanks
  10. Diadem New Member

How about play one character and then scrounge up a couple friends? lol

But you wouldn't do that. Because you know how much of an extraordinary advantage you have over regular players. It is just ruining a lot of peoples impression of the server when they can't compete. I am also sure that you don't care, or will deny the huge advantage you have.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  11. Tiffy31 Elder

thats their own damn fault for being morons and not getting a real job.
  12. Rhodz Augur

All I could think of was....

13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

There is a solution to this:

Make a community enforced "play-nice-policy", and demand that the seller of an item has to sell with his "farming-main", and if the main is not in "good standing"(that is, he plays "nice") on the server, then just boycott the seller...
    Make reputation matter on the server....
  14. Atabishi Augur

I don't really see a difference between back when I played one char and now where I box. Most of my friends didn't even box when I met them or had 1 box at most. I didn't start boxing until the beginning of Luclin on phinny. The only reason we initially amassed so many boxes on phinny was because we wanted to do raid content with small crews for fun. Back when I only played 1 char, if someone or a group came and pushed me out of a camp, all my friends would come and fight back. We always helped each other. The only difference now is I don't need their help when someone wants to push me out. Are we always in voice chat everyday all doing our own thing? Yes. The only advantage to us having our own box crews is we don't have to call on each other as much anymore. The same result would happen regardless if I boxed or not.
  15. Rhodz Augur

How would you know the seller? You cannot

As long as any form of boxing is legal all forms will occur. The only thing is it is impossible to really hide boxing to any real extent. /follow could also be canned to make things double difficult as the only means of follow then becomes third party. From there it is strictly up to the community.

Actually fairly easy, yet I have a doubt it ever happens due to kr sales and fingers in pies.
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Well, I assume(I play on live, so not sure), that people who has a a tendency for being jerks, ends up being "know" on the server. Of course it wouldn't stop a jerk from have a designated, "well-behaved" char he claimed was his main. If you don't know the seller or he can't prove he got the item without being a jerk, then boycott him.

For example, lets assume, one contested drop is more or less monopolized by one "known" guy and his box-army, and that he won't share at all. Then you can assume that a seller, is either the jerkish farmer himself, or someone who doesn't care about the play-nice-policy. Hence they don't deserve a deal with you.
    If the seller is completely unknown, then don't buy from him, that means he is not playing the game to be a part of the community, and is therefore just another farmer. Real players don't log in just to farm stuff, they login to play with others...:p
    Back in the old days, people would only buy expensive stuff from known mains, exactly because it meant that reputation mattered.

Disabling /follow would hurt all boxers, including the nice ones, and is imo the wrong way to go, the problem is not that people are boxing, the problem is that people don't play nice.
  17. Rhodz Augur

Reasonable but flawed

I do not see a large brand new community being able to pull off any remotely effective boycott.
    May as well just buy nothing, my method of not enabling this non-sense.

Making boxing untenable is the exact reason for a server where boxing is not allowed. Personalities do not even enter into it. People have attempted to co-exist with krono fed boxing and well we see the results, same tune different verse.

Whatever people did back then matters little, too much has changed.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

True, there were several factors that were wildly different back then:
    1. There were no kronos, and RMT was the exception and not the norm, players who bought stuff from ebay was basically considered cheaters by the community.
    2. Boxing was not widespread, few households had multiple computers capable of running EQ.
    3. The "play-nice-policy" was enforced by actual GMs(dropping this was a devastating move by DBG imo) .
    Live servers where the the community has been shaped by the "play-nice-policy" through decades, does not have same problem with rude "dps-racers", and camps are generally a respected concept. Maybe when the TLP-community matures, they will find their own "play-nice-policy" and enforce it themselves, Live servers was a "rough" place too back then, but the presence of GMs made an enormous difference.
    The change will have to come from the community though, when and how, will be the big question...
  19. Wowjustwow Elder

I am glad you said you have a bunch of boxes because you would think like that.

So because one person has 6 mages you need 6 really really good DPS classes to compete? I mean a rogue isn't going to cut it. A balanced group having a cleric or any healers at all isn't going to cut it. So basically one person wastes the time of 6--10 people and you don't see this as a problem?
  20. daffie999 Augur

"I know a guy"... Sounds exactly like the phrase you'd here in an argument that "krono farming" rakes in the dough.