Drastic exaggeration of krono farmers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Moardots, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Moardots Lorekeeper

Anyone else feel like there's a HUGE exaggeration of the amount of krono farmers out there? It seems like people walk up to any camp that drops valuable items and any person they happen to see there is just some evil scumbag krono farmer. I get accused of it almost every single day from trying to camp a HBC for my warrior or some GEBs for my enchanter.

This may be news to some of you but.... sometimes people are camping stuff for themselves or their alts and not selling for krono to pay rent (Almost nobody does this btw)
  2. Carns Lorekeeper

Your enchanter AuctionKing and your warrior TunnelQueen?

=D
  3. ayoforYayoh Augur

Ah yes. This reminds me exactly of what went down when Razor Ramon fought Shawn Michaels in the ladder match.

pretty much the same outcome too
  4. Senadin Elder

Yet the kronos value goes up almost daily! I bought 1 Kronos sunday for 1900. Yesterday they were selling for 2200/2300.....
  5. Carns Lorekeeper

50-100 pp per day
  6. Fuzzbutt Elder

Yeah well, when you go through 6 picks of 6 boxed mages sitting at Efreeti trying to get an item for yourself it gets a bit frustrating
  7. sneakyflute New Member

I don't believe for a second that krono farmers make very much money, but the sheer number of krono auctions on these various sites suggests there are tons of people desperate for money on this server.
  8. Moardots Lorekeeper

Is it possible that people knew ahead of time that mages would be the #1 farm class in Classic and made them to farm stuff for their other characters? I personally made enchanter/cleric as my first chars for the sole purpose of farming stuff for the char that I intended to main and as buff bots. I'm sure I'm the only one that had that idea though. Must just be hundreds of nerds paying their rent with krono. That makes way more sense.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

It's not much of an exaggeration.

Pick a handful of high Krono spots (when the servers come up) and you'll either run into boxed armies and afk mages or they will come to you shortly.
  10. daffie999 Augur

RMT for profit is about the same as online poker for profit. Aside from a select few, the only people making any real money are the websites and of course the developers themselves with things like Krono.

Has nobody seen the documentaries on Chinese gold farmers? They work 18 hours a day in a cold dark room killing the same mob over and over just to bring home 5 bucks.
  11. Malachi Augur

In general, I feel like this is yet another thread generalizing people for generalizing people who are generally generalizing the general public.
    Taschxi likes this.
  12. Xanathol Augur

Efreeti, BAM droppers in Runnyeye, and the charred guardian shield dropper in SolA are the worst I have seen. Multiple automated / AFK mages sitting on camps. It would take all of 5 minutes for a GM to verify it & take action.
  13. ayoforYayoh Augur

Dear Diary: People are hurtful. My experiences are unique and i have experienced injustices that no other has endured.

i will rally the people because i am me and this is simply unacceptable.
  14. Taschxi New Member

I think the Devs should make the most heavily farmed items no drop for a couple months. then the people that actually will use it can go and get it without having to pay for something they should have access to getting on their own. then when it's droppable again, there will be a very unprofitable low demand for it.
  15. Tensor_Fippy Journeyman

Or necros training bats on people to take the efreeti
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

The real krono farms starts in bazaar. Can't wait... :D
  17. Jenkins New Member

A lot of sensitive folks on Agnarr, it's kinda of funny to be honest. So what if they are farming Kronos? Is it hurting you in any way?

I farm Kronos because I just can.

Enjoy the game and stop worrying about what others are doing. Please, you are getting the veterans of EQ upset with the sensitive talks on these forums.
  18. Tachya Elder

I'm too busy powerleveling the character that I will use to farm the gear that I will use to equip the characters that I will use to powerlevel my main. Honestly.
  19. Kahna Augur

The GM's probably have looked into it, and determined that they weren't AFK or automated. I mean really, from just looking at them, how do you, a player, seem to instantly know the difference between a really bored mage watching netflix while they camp a really boring spawn, and a mage who is afk. Because I can tell you from personal experience that they look exactly the same. As a mage, I am not going to run around when I don't have to so some random person feels better about me camping an item. I have no doubt people have run past me standing in exactly the same spot for hours and thought I was AFK.
  20. Atabishi Augur

I started putting notches in my belt for every time a GM or Senior guide shows up to investigate my box crew at efreeti because of people like you who just assume everyone farming something is AFK. I'm still here, and I'm running out of space on my belt.
    Chaosflux likes this.