June 21 Patch Status

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Plainbelly, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. northstar Augur

ill take "Soon" for $200 Alex...

"When will then be Now?"
  2. Caderyn250 Journeyman

Sounds like people are trolling the chat channels. Gina (or any of the other many log monitoring programs that do what it does) do not interact with the client in any way, and as such don't violate the EULA. I doubt they'd even have a legal basis for trying to block software running on your computer that is not interacting with their client.

Programs like that have been used since people discovered log files. Gina is the best one for EQ1, but there are lots of other options.

Edit: Changes to live are pushed to test first. I don't have the test client installed on this PC, but if they had blocked Gina on test then everyone and their mother would know about it by now.
  3. Asphyxia New Member

Could be worse, could be StarCitizen
    solarfly likes this.
  4. Ellarache New Member

now i read some error is the code .... whatever.

What's the point of the test server ?
    Cogsley likes this.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Why would they do that on purpose? is there some gina exploit around?
    Im not a gina-user but I thought it was mainly a tool for showing audio-trigger information on the screen(and some handy visual timers)? :confused:
  6. Trizzy_Zek New Member

This is like complaining to a cigarette company that you want customer service; it doesn't matter. DB knows we will play EQ no matter what level of customer service we receive because of our addiction to the game. Also, they purposely give us little information so we aren't asking them thousands of questions. It's all psychologically planned out, lol. I am willing to bet that they have departments similar to insurance companies that are geared towards stone walling people. Look at it this way though, we are hanging around a forum complaining while we sit and spam the EQ button, lol. Sad life =P
  7. zoomzoomzoom New Member

The patcher gossip has gone full then.

edit: I guess I should have said "cognitively disabled"
  8. Caderyn250 Journeyman

If you mean for players, my guild uses it for practice raids. I'm on a progression server so we practice raiding expansions right before they're released. That way we can get the mechanics down, get our triggers setup, etc. A lot of people also play there for the XP bonus. And I think that all expansions are unlocked there too? Not 100% sure on that last point.

If you mean for the devs, then I have no idea. They obviously don't test stuff there.
  9. Rhaage Augur

[IMG]

... Purchasing didn't understand why the network team wasn't excited about the deal they got on yellow network cable.

lol
  10. Thin New Member

Yup, its really annoying for us in Europe to lose a whole day to these regular/unscheduled/extended maintenance downtimes since they are always performed during Euro peak time. I only get to play a few evenings every week and inevitably these downtimes means I loose one of those evenings. I agree there should be some sort of compensation when maintenance overruns as it is a service we pay for. If this were to happen in most other types of business then it would be expected.
  11. Warpeace Augur

Besides making sure it does not blow up the server absolute zero point. Most things still get pushed live after being reported.
  12. Senadin Elder

I dont understand when they run into issues why they can do a rollback, bring the server back, find the root of the issue and replan the maintenance. It is how we do things at work and we also do maintenance at night when impact to our customers is minimal.
    FOGBANK, Albien and Plainbelly like this.
  13. Gumlakx Augur

Another epic fail on DBG's part.
    FOGBANK likes this.
  14. RhodeKihl New Member

To be honest none of this is a surprise. when Verant and then Sony had it, updates have always been long and annoying. It is what it is. I understand the frustration when you take the day off for it and cant play, but once they go down, you might as well assume its for most of the daylight hours. Just log into one of your other games and enjoy those for a while. Eventually EQ will come back up and we can all go back to killing crudely drawn npc's who invade the zones we want to play in.
    Lennyn likes this.
  15. UndeadBob Journeyman

To some degree okay, I get it, the addiction thing plays a factor and they get to throw their weight around. That will only get you so far with me.

The way I see it, I have already payed for my playtime. What am I going to do? Pay for it and then sit on my hands? Jeeze, stop hitting the refresh button you addict! Just go walk away and do something else so you miss even more of the exact thing you paid good money for when it finally does go up!

Nobody said I have to renew my subscription. Even with the bully tactics of DayBreak not allowing you to cancel your automatically renewing subscription, I have dates written down and posted on the wall when I need to cancel my DB subscription by.

I truly do love EverQuest and I hope that DayBreak can change my opinion of them during my basically mandatory remaining time with them.
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Having a guaranteed uptime requires a larger budget and more careful testing than DBG can afford, just saying...
    Besides there are some cases where downtime is life-threatening and some where it is just a mild annoyance, this is the latter. Lets not go overboard with drama here...:)
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  17. Warpeace Augur

If this actually fixed some problems :cool:, but I'm going with just get the patch out and servers back up and all the bugs to come with it. With this much down time when is the patch to fix the patch?
  18. Senadin Elder

this looks good compared to this...

[IMG]
    FOGBANK likes this.
  19. zoomzoomzoom New Member

It doesn't take a larger budget to write reusable regression testing scripts and automate them to run in a test environment before production deployment. The amount of time it costs upfront pays for itself 1000 times over by avoiding situations like this.
    Albien likes this.
  20. Regnon Journeyman

things to do while server is down
    1) Clean car
    2) clean house
    3) alphabetize socks
    4) cure cancer
    5) build a wall
    6) end world hunger
    7) plan ways of taking over the world.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.