Can you claim the same camp in multiple picks?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ZenMaster, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Let's remember its not pixelated wealth they are concerned with it is converting that into RL cash (at a minimum getting krono which is the only daybreak approved method of converting your game pixels into a RL cash value since they can be used for a subscription.

I totally support the play nice rules that daybreak doesn't and most on the regular servers do too. I would not support someone moving from one pick zone to another to do the same camp. And leaving an afk toon doesn't hold it either.
    Rivitt likes this.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I am camping this thread.
    Janakin, klanderso and ZenMaster like this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Just don't camp the thread in three picks of this forum that would be bad :)
    klanderso and Smokezz like this.
  4. Grummy_NB Augur

They should fix this, when you /pick you should revert to the zone in.
    ZenMaster likes this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

That would help but would be inconvenient in some situations when you are trying to find an open camp but it would help solve that problem I guess. It would give people less of an argument that they are holding multiple versions of a camp although the argument was lame to begin with.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Depends on how greedy you are.
    Rivitt and Bigstomp like this.
  7. Intenso Augur

no camps in eq? dps wins?
  8. Cleaver Augur

Once you leave the zone you lose the camp. If you pick back and someone is there tough luck.
    Khat_Nip and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  9. Captain Video Augur

Confused here. On the TLPs, /pick has a five-minute lockout before the player can use it again. Is this not also true on Live? There are side-effect issues with either (a) increasing the lockout length, or (b) changing respawn to the zone-in. Personally, I've already seen enough abuses on Agnarr to favor a 10-minute lockout, but there has already been a dev post in that forum saying they're going with the status quo.

I got griefed the other night on Agnarr when my level 8 human mage was camping a quest named with a random drop in the Qeynos Catacombs, and despite all the overall chaos on the server, that zone had no pick. I held my spot and killed each PH as it spawned, while other toons were just running/swimming around with no obvious purpose. One guy tried unsuccessfully to train frogloks on me and almost died in the process. This resulted in Cuburt, the named, spawning as a gelatinous pancake underneath a froglok standing on the square, and as the froglok hopped away, Cuburt-cake went along for the ride, stuck to the feet. Made it somewhat difficult to target, and all the while this guy was going on and on in chat about how he was going to petition me for KS'ing all his mobs, and he's making no attempt to hit the named. I decided to call it a night.

Moral: Sometimes you just have to make mental notes of selfish people and save it for later.
  10. Vindicate Elder

There where never any rules about camping in EQ, not with Verant or Sony or Daybreak. A long time ago, Sony even went so far as to make a statement that they did not recognize camps. Camping a location has always been a player driven and maintained idea. There are rules about griefing but there is a pretty grey area as to what constitutes griefing. Now, all that being said, you will not get in trouble from any Daybreak employee for going and killing a mob in any location you see fit. If there is a player trying to horde locations in a number of instances or even in the same instance, pick one that you like and stay there. If that player screams kill stealing and whatever else in the general chats, do yourself a huge favor and ignore it, for the most part there is no such thing in Everquest and you will not get in trouble by any employee for doing it. If however you are self conscious enough to let this player get under your skin and you have some sort of fear that you as a person or online presence are going to be shamed because of their behavior, well suck it up and get real. I'm afraid that's usually my response to other players being jerks. Ignore them do what you came to do and move on. Don't let some other players bad behavior drive your life, pick up the reigns and play your game!

If you decide its a big enough issue and you're going to petition the matter, Verant, Sony, and Daybreak have always had the same response, "players work the issue out on your own", they will not get involved unless some sort of tangible griefing or infringement on the rules of player behavior is involved. Player made rules do not constitute an infringement of the rules of player behavior.

If you've spoken with the player and they're being unreasonable, ignore them and do what you came to do. Be prepared for further poor gamesmanship and have FD pots ready.

This is pretty much the official response, its been repeated over and over again, if you would like to read it in game from someone with a title, by all my means send a /petition. They will tell you to share the spawns but they will do nothing to enforce said sharing.

Also.... ROFL @ anyone suggesting you're going to be banned for KSing. Probably never happened once in all the history of EQ. If you got banned and "KSing" was involved, you probably had an abusive mouth to go along with it.
    ZenMaster likes this.
  11. Bamboompow Augur

To answer the OP: If a group/person can keep everything down in the same area across multiple picks, there are some take aways from that:

They are not there for the named. They are probably high dps raid geared players and want augs. They are not waiting for respawn and probably CAN clear multiple picks in such a way that the main instance is maybe repopping after cycling through the other 3. If they ca keep it all down, than there is really nothing that can be done. Now if someone moves into what looks like a vacant spot and no one answers a camp check, the jerk move for the pick hopper is tell that new group to kick rocks. Still, if they can keep it all down...technically they can sat it'd theirs still.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Its simpler then that doesn't matter what they can keep down if they aren't there then they aren't there. At least that would always be my take on it and a placeholder toon would mean nothing to me.
    ZenMaster likes this.
  13. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

The player was unreasonable. I like observe camps per etiquette (as I'm sure you do as well). He was flipping camp rules on its head - being few pickzones on regular servers - and had the guts to call me the KS'er. I wasn't too worried about Daybreak CSR but I was worried about my reputation after he dishonestly shamed me in General. He kept quiet after calling him out in General for camping 3 picks. I wanted to stick around but figured I have a month to hunt. I guess there will always be unsavory people to ignore even in our small community.
  14. Khat_Nip Meow

That's my take on it, as well. If no one is there then it's an open camp.
    Someone popping in 5 minutes later and exclaiming that they're camping that spot is a no-go in my book.
  15. Reht The Dude abides...

Anyone can claim anything, the real question is can they take it and/or keep it...?
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

The person named as an example on Luclin above, I've witnessed using automation 3rd party programs and mob warping hacks in prior years; as well as training and other intentional griefing; I'm continually surprised he's not banned yet.
  17. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

I wonder if he was suspended. I don't recall seeing him for most of 2016 then he suddenly came back like two months ago.
  18. Quiverr Journeyman

The ones wanting to abuse it will likely be leaving an afk char there anyway and that char will be a mage if /pick starts sending you to zin.
  19. Thraine Augur

if no ones at the camp its open.

if they have a afk toon there and full pop, its open :)

im not going to KS people actively killing mobs at a camp, but claiming a camp and not being there is just greedy
    Whulfgar likes this.
  20. Jyve Augur

Ah, this explains what I'm seeing, with empty areas, or one toon obviously afk, then when I pop the named, suddenly there's a group just happening to log in and they've missed all the CC calls. I thought they might have a mage suddenly COH'ing everyone in or it was a coincidence that they were just logging in. Didn't twig they were jumping picks.

Shame they log into the middle of a pull path, if only they'd asked if they could take that camp.
    Soju likes this.