Can you claim the same camp in multiple picks?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ZenMaster, Jun 9, 2017.

1. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Is it fine or ethical to claim a camp like Sebilis Crypt in multiple pickzones? I don't care either way and contemporary engagement rules favor DPS race or first to tag but hate to be called a KS'er by someone merrily jumping between picks.
  2. Hostility Elder

3. roth Augur

As each picks is its own instance, requiring you to leave the current camp to travel to the next one, I would say no it is not ok.

An unattended camp is usually an open camp. There are exceptions, mainly when someone camping a spot has had a total wipe, but someone bouncing between zones (yes, different instances are different zones) they are bouncing between camps and can only claim one. If the others are open he can get away with it, but if he ain't there and someone moves in to stay...

Look at it this way. Your camp may be a large area within a zone as long as you can keep the mobs down, but leaving that zone or instance is abandoning that camp for another.
  4. MrMajestykx Augur

imo pick zone or not, you zoned out, you abandoned your camp, one in the same. So, in a ethical and whats right kind of sense, no its not. Against the rules? dont see anything that says its not ok, but for you to define.
    Dre. and ZenMaster like this.
  5. Goranothos Augur

Seems rude to me, but the Everquest rules don't recognize the concept of a "camp".
    ZenMaster and MrMajestykx like this.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

If no one is there, it's not camped.
    Dre. and ZenMaster like this.
  7. svann Augur

Someone zones in from another pick and complains that they were here first Id just laugh at them.

And if you mean leave an afk alt logged in to hold the camp by just standing there, yea that would be pretty low class.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and ZenMaster like this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

There's no set rules anyone agrees with, but I'd argue that multi-pick camps have a pretty weak claim if only because using /pick in that matter isn't intended by the developers.

I almost never contest camps, but if you're waiting at at PH/Named mob that isn't spawned, and you killed the previous PH, I think it's hard to argue that you don't have a claim even if you logged off / zoned / changed /pick etc. I had a guy step up to me yesterday while I was waiting for repop for named mob X, his argument was that because I just killed named mob Y (and he knew because I was advertising rotting loot), I didn't have a claim to X even though I had both on lockdown for the last hour. I ended up just giving him the camp after that spawn.
    ZenMaster likes this.
  9. fransisco Augur

absolutely not.
    Just like if someone has been afk for a an hour at a camp and not moved - its open.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and ZenMaster like this.
  10. kizant Augur

If you're not in zone and within a reasonable distance of the PHs then you've just lost your camp. Although, I do appreciate having less work to do so I encourage everyone to attempt to camp multiple pick zones.
    ZenMaster likes this.
  11. MrMajestykx Augur

your missing the point sir. To claim it arbitrarily just because he had it in prior zone isnt so quite ethical. NOW if its open, thats another story. IF someone is actively camping it at the time, I cant believe that you think its cool that he can just claim it because of his prior pick camp.
  12. Kirkisx Tunare's Chosen Paladin

Jack from IE on Luclin been doing this all night to my group
  13. MrMajestykx Augur

consider the source there and where they from.
  14. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

He (Dragonball on Luclin server) also did this to my group and had the audacity to put me on blast as "KS'er who should be banned" in General chat after leaving for 15-25 minutes and jumping between 2-3 picks. At the time, I thought he could have a case and it was too late in the night to have a confrontation so I moved on.

It's unfortunate that we have a smaller community on Live Servers and people are abusing a mechanic meant for other players to enjoy Hardcore Heritage.

I would petition this individual if he continues to harass.
  15. Vanrau Augur

The last time I checked, Daybreak officially got rid of the rules about camps. Meaning, there is no rule against someone DPS racing you on a camp you have been at for hours. It all boils down to ethics now between players. Unethical players that DPS race usually tend to have issues afterwards though so I wouldn't advise it.
  16. moogs Augur

Instances are different zones. While it may not be against any official rules, if you are so stupid as to try to pull a stunt like this, you fully deserve anything and everything that comes your way in the future.
    Dre. and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  17. fransisco Augur

I'm confused.
    Perhaps we're missunderstanding each other. I in no way meant to imply someone can claim ownership of a camp if they are not actually in the camp at that moment.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  18. Sindaiann Augur

Only way that I can see this being done in a legit manner without the ability of anyone to complain about it is:

Running multiple box crews in each pick. That's no different than a different group being at that camp.

However as a person, if you are jumping back and forth between picks, that is pretty damn lame.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Coincidentally, a huge % of the TLP population is "pretty damn lame", as that behavior is pretty darn rampant there when so much loot is tradeable and able to be monopolized for pixelated wealth. Not that it wouldn't be the same on Live without instancing and so on, but we're just getting a morsel with HH Seb. #TastesGoodMan?
  20. MrMajestykx Augur

WE golden then perhaps I was at your statement sir. all good