Training is against the rules? o.O

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Piku, May 28, 2017.

1. Ethereal Augur

Having read your thread, I found it extremely offensive. That's malicious. Should be banned.
  2. Piku Elder

How so? I'm asking WHY training people against the rules.

Someone said that it's exploitation. Now I'm asking HOW. The developers made it so that people could be trained.

Pretty easy fix - if someone has pulled a monster, give them more threat than someone who hasn't touched it. If both are KoS, the person who pulled should still have more aggro. Easy fix.

The dev's don't do this, which leads me to believe that everything is working as intended.
  3. Ethereal Augur

I feel you should be banned for not changing your field, going to DBG and interning free of charge to help them fix these things you complain about.

You should be banned for creating ridiculous proposals that no one cares about at all anyway. The poor forum mod who eventually has to spend time reading this and eventually closing it should be able to ban you for wasting their time.

Also, you should be banned for quoting me out of context on a forum. Extremely malicious.
    Seres likes this.
  4. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

So your logic is - if it can be done it shouldn't be against the rules?
    snailish and jeskola like this.
  5. Ethereal Augur

I feel Xoner should be banned for trying to bring logic into this thread, very malicious.
    jeskola and Seres like this.
  6. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

I've been banned for bringing logic into threads before.
    Seres likes this.
  7. Piku Elder

No, my logic is...the devs DESIGNED it in such a way that people can be trained. The designed aggro in a manner that allows people to be attacked for no reason if they are KoS.

If we are going back to choice here...the person CHOSE to be at a spawn where they are KoS...they knew the risks?

Why would they implement a system where people can be trained if training is against the rules?

This isn't like using poor pathing to your advantage. Mobs are designed to go straight for you. It's a clear violation of what is supposed to happen.
  8. Piku Elder

How about you actually contribute to this discussion instead of misrepresenting my points?
  9. Karanthal Augur

My car does 150mph, I don't see why I should be banned from driving for doing it.

Who cares about the people I run over along the way.
    Jarith, jeskola, Rouan and 3 others like this.
  10. Trevalon Augur

I never thought Id say this but....Where is RadarX when you need him!?!?
    Punchu and Alekyne like this.
  11. Seres New Member

I think Ethereal deserves a ban for going along with Piku's tone. Off topic, OP if you don't want to be reported for training. Make a /shout macro for when you are training.
  12. vaio007 Elder

The game was not designed for intentional training to harass and destroy the enjoyment of others against their will. Doing so is exploitation, abuse, and bannable. Chasing someone around right clicking rod of glamour on them so their screen explodes in fireworks and their chat floods is also harassment and bannable. Intentionally following someone around drinking water to flood a specific person's chart screen is harassment and bannable.

INTENTIONALLY DOING SOMETHING TO DESTROY SOMEONE ELSE'S GAME EXPERIENCE AGAINST HIS OR HER WILL IS AGAINST THE RULES, ESPECIALLY IF IT REQUIRES EXPLOITING GAME DESIGN TO ACCOMPLISH.

The fact that the game allows mobs to aggro on others so encounters aren't locked like other kiddie versions of MMOs doesn't, in any way, mean they sat down and said "Let's design a system that people can use to harass others!" The fact that you are using it that way is why you got banned.

Cars have airbags, obviously car makers DESIGNED cars to be crashed into, intentionally crashing into someone's car is a bannable offense?!

Humans have genitals, they were obviously DESIGNED to have sex, r-a-p-e is a bannable offense?!

You know it's wrong. It makes you giggle and feel taboo as you're doing it because it's wrong. You did it anyway. None of the other examples you gave are in any way the same thing.

Reductio ad absrudum is not a logical argument, it is a fallacy.

Yes, game r-a-p-e is bannable. I'm sorry that's so surprising and logic-twisting for you. Please. Stop gameraping people. Well, I guess you don't have much of a choice now.
    Seres likes this.
  13. Alekyne Journeyman

So... is this thread going the way you thought it would, Piku?
  14. Hinastorm86 Augur

He wont respond to this b/c its the perfect analogy. Or he will, and we'll laugh a little more.
    Some cars were designed to go really fast, yet its illegal to go that fast. Its REALLY not hard to understand why its illegal to go that fast.

EQs aggro system was designed the way it was b/c thats how the devs wanted aggro to work. Some take advantage and do malicious things with it. The design does not somehow make that ok.
  15. Febb Augur

What a dumb thread to start. Do you really think people are idiots Piku? Training has always been exploitation of the aggro mechanic. The developers did not design aggro to intentionally aggro mobs in order to train other players. The aggro mechanic was to make players be careful where they go and how fast they move through zones and to make sure the player killed the NPC or died to it or loss of aggro by a means without it affecting other players. It's a consequences mechanic. If you bring all the mobs on top of other people because you aren't willing to kill the NPC(s) or die or lose aggro without affecting other players, you are being malicious towards those players and that is against the rules.
    snailish likes this.
  16. Kirab Lorekeeper

So just so I get this right, what you want is that if you go into lower guk and want the frenzy room, and someone is there, it should be totally fine for you to round up a bunch of mobs, train them in there, FD, and take the camp when they wipe?
  17. snailish Augur

Chained aggro is a nice thing. Many games after EQ implemented this from the start (often very short chains at that). Many games after EQ don't have long-lasting feign death as well.

Fixing this in EQ would not only be a ton of work... it would likely break kiting. Breaking kiting would be very bad for the higher population solo classes. Kiting isn't a problem really, and the annoying summoning mechanic has been (over)used to address it.

Removing FD or even modifying it would be a bold stroke that likely costs more in players than it solves in peace.

So instead we follow the play nice policy (and common courtesy) and don't train others intentionally.
  18. windbearer Lorekeeper

I just got trained by a FE zergling named Arkonis because he "claimed" the entire live side when a CC was called. Very mature in an 18-year old game all because they want to farm items to sell for Krono.
  19. Whales Aren't Orange Lorekeeper

Any schmuck can train. A true artist does it in such a way that the mobs path back home via a hidden route and hits their targets unsuspecting from behind.

That's when the magic happens. People start blaming each other and the OOC slapfight begins. Smells like victory.
    Punchu likes this.
  20. windbearer Lorekeeper

That's very true but this Arkonis actually stayed and broke each target I mezzed.