Why am I being harassed for boxing?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Champ, May 25, 2017.

1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I 5 box, not one of those dreaded bad 6 boxer types. :D
  2. Tachyon Augur

Harassed for boxing? Please!

I've had people harass me in /ooc just because I chose to play a wizzy!
  3. Illusory Augur

You fell into the trap. Don't fall into traps. :)
  4. Phantom Ghost Augur

Nothing bothers me more than the one character player hating on the boxers then whines that they cannot find a healer or tank.

2 to 3 characters imo should be the norm. Just not enough going on to play 1 character. Not to mention when you group with players on one toon they tend to afk more often than the boxers carrying more weight in the group.

Although I do not understand the extreme boxing (raids). At that point make an and run your own solo server.
  5. DruidCT Augur

I've watched a few twitch streams of people on Agnarr and its remarkable how little many of them know about what they are doing and they are in fact just bumbling along. I can easily see a seasoned EQ player just wanting to box and not have to deal with these people. Personally I think it would be more fun to play with the casuals. I'll stick to live servers if I want more "serious" gameplay (such as it is).
  6. Deltaloko New Member

But that second part isn't against the rules? The only part that would be is using the broadcast feature that someone here was discussing. Using a KVM or something like synergy isn't against the rules...
  7. Illusory Augur

You are incorrect.

They never stated whether synergy or any KVM style device was acceptable. You might say there is no list stating otherwise, which is a common argument, but a void one... It's void, because keeping a list of such things is counter productive given the nature of the EQ cheater. RadarX has stated in several posts to 'use 3rd party software at your own risk.' One could assume the same can be said for any similar hardware.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

Again with the mouse clicking. I mean seriously who uses a mouse except when they are forced to? If you're still clicking crap during combat with a mouse you are inefficient at best.
  9. Son of a... Augur

You sound just like the personality type I avoid while playing a mmo, or in RL in general. Bet you're diagnosed with all sorts of acronyms.
  10. Strawberry Augur

side buttons on gaming mice are just as efficient as keyboard buttons, if not more so

I never bind something in a game to keyboard number buttons or function buttons, my mouse has more than enough buttons

there are these fancy gaming keyboards with special dedicated gaming buttons, but they're frankly overly expensive compared to gaming nice
  11. Whales Aren't Orange Lorekeeper

My mouse could buy and sell you.
  12. windbearer Lorekeeper

I've seen entire zones controlled by box armies of Faceless Empire players. It's quite sad to have to box 5 mages so you can get items to attempt to farm for Krono to pay for your 5 accounts to keep farming. Missing the game entirely but hey, whatever floats your boat.
  13. Aurastrider Augur

its funny because I thought the same thing about most of the anti box people on here.

You don't need anything fancy at all actually. I could run a 20 year old keyboard with just the standard buttons and be more efficient than any mouse clicker. I do own two gaming mice and they are nothing to get excited about.

Your mouse could not afford a two cent hooker and its a little weird that you went to human trafficking as a response.
  14. Rauven Augur

So do I, so what's your point?
  15. jawgoat New Member

Harassing people for boxing is not the answer, especially if they are not impacting your gameplay. FWIW I have boxed years ago, I do not anymore. If you think something that violates TOS is going on, sure report it...but harassment is never the answer. If you do you are wrong.

My question is for those that choose to box on Agnarr: letter of the law is boxing on separate machines is OK but the clear spirit of the law is to "discourage" boxing...so given any number of servers where no sentiment or rules against boxing exist...why box on Agnarr? You are boxing on a server that has gone out of its way (relative to standard servers) to discourage the practice and yet most boxers wonder why folks might be put out? Given the popularity of Phinigel and so far Agnarr, its pretty easy to conclude there is a sizable portion of players who would like a box-free environment, so why not do your boxing where its part and parcel of the environment? Most here don't do it and don't care for it...other servers exist that don't care...whats the draw for boxing on Agnarr?

"go to p99" isn't the answer either so throw that out. we are all at Daybreak, why not just do your boxing where Daybreak or the vast majority of players don't care how you do it?

#disable/followonAgnarr (if that would even do what I hope it would)
    Malachi likes this.
  16. Whales Aren't Orange Lorekeeper

Because those people will want BIBS, BABS, BIMs, GEBs,FBSS,SMRs, SSoYs and so on and will pay krono to get it. Because you can't killsteal 5 mage pets at Hill Giants and it makes SLR on ancient cyclops a snap.

Personal greed, and it's ok.

Also none of those items do you need early game. GEBs being the only real front runner. But people will throw krono at them nonetheless.
  17. Malachi Augur

A new server is a new server. People want a fresh start no matter what the rules. Thus they will play on said server in a manner in which closely resembles their preferred playstyle.

Such is the power of the choice to start anew with a multitude of people in a game like Everquest.

Oh and also....Krono gonna Krono
  18. Xanumbik Augur

I honestly don't give a f*** what anyone says to me or in reference to me and you shouldn't either if you aren't doing anything wrong. There are no cassandras on everquest reading the signs from the DBG Gods, the rules are pretty black and white. if you aren't breaking a DBG rule then just put those people on ignore and move on, if they do things to your characters and it violates the EULA then report THEM turnabout is fair play. I personally will not play more then 2 characters on agnarr. I don't like BOT armies ( majority of players single or boxed don't either I would wager) and I think its bombastic to compare someone running a normal group set up to people running 40 or more character RAIDS ALONE FFS. People have themselves to blame for these box armies due to taking short cuts with hurrying to gear their characters with krono for plat exchanges or krono for gear exchanges.
  19. Leifer Augur

Spitting on people's shoes irl isn't against the rules. Cursing at them isn't either. But being normal social animals adhering to social norms is being polite, curteous and a good citizen. Boxing is spitting on people's shoes and cursing at them... if you don't see that you are blind to social norms. This is a server made for single boxing, pure and simple. It just can't be enforced that way because of technological reasons.
  20. Leifer Augur

First of all, I box on normal servers. I have 3 accounts and after lvl 85 with mercs I have a full group. That being said:

I think boxing is wrong in EQ and I think it is especially wrong on servers that claim to be "true box" servers. The spirit of the rules in true box servers is that every person plays one character. However, because of reasons of technological hinderance we can't say how many single players are coming from one IP address - it may legitimately be 6 family folks all playing off their cable modem. That would be fine, except some people have decided that one person playing multiple toons on multiple boxes is just fine. Technically it is not against the rules - but in spirit it is against the rules. If this could be enforced, it would certainly prohibit multiboxing by one player.

It is duly stated in the description of a true box server that socialization is important when forming groups. A multi boxer does not form groups per se, they are their own group. Everquest has always been unable to enforce or detect multi boxing, so it has been put up with. However, if one reads the terms it is frowned upon. The only thing keeping multiboxers on true box servers is the lack of the ability to enforce it, so the argument goes, it is not against the rules.

Many things aren't against the rules but are frowned upon in a society of sapiens. Cursing, cutting people off in traffic, budging in front of lines at a theater, telling someone his kid is ugly.. etc.. I could go on forever. But these things are done only by . Don't be an .