Why am I being harassed for boxing?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Champ, May 25, 2017.

1. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

DBG already got a piece because someone had to buy the Krono from them. RMT sales go on, regardless. So they did an end run around all of it by making the krono that they sell the most valuable item in the game and the only one that holds its value over time. They get their sale and don't have to worry about it beyond that. Quite brilliant, really. As much as I don't like it, I have to give them that.
  2. Groans Augur

Ok tis part is not exactly how it works. If they sell them to an rmt site people don't buy them from dbg, they buy them from the site, sure initially it works but once someone goes and sells 200 Kronos dbg does not get a piece of that, Kronos makes them money only they get consumed so they really are losing alot of money this way. Something is better then nothing sure but it's still a loss.
  3. Leifer Augur

Although boxing is allowed on alternate computers, it helps that person not to have to look for a group or create one and look for a good support cast of players. It also keeps a camp down for one player (who has multiple toons). Both of these have negative effects for those with one player on one account. Although not against the rules, I believe it breaks the "spirit of the rules" which states that this server should encourage people to form groups. We all know the advantages one gets with multiple accounts with multiple toons, and it makes the game unbalanced when the idea of this server, for most all players, is to play one toon.
  4. Strawberry Augur

[IMG]

lol, you can not be this gullible

there is more activity regarding Agnarr on cheat forums than there is on this official forum
    Jaxinthebox likes this.
  5. AgentofChange Augur

9 times out of 10 having some mage who just pet attacks and nukes occasionally is better than any random lfg player. Maybe it's not the krono, but really just the sad state of player ability that encourages people to box and play on their own ;)
  6. Drakkal Elder

Personally I don't have an issue with boxing. But I have already been trained several times by people trying to box more then one additional account. There are also a couple obvious players that are not using individual computers, I watched a guy box two full groups in Commonlands last night. Still don't really care to much, other then wishing people were more interested in putting the grouping aspect back into the game. No desire to play on P1999 again, but also don't want a single player game, lets find the middle ground.
  7. Son of a... Augur

I knew if I just give it a day or two, I would see a post that would remove all doubt about coming back to EQ. Zero difference between RageFire and now.
  8. Deltaloko New Member

you do realize one of the things they check for is multiple accounts on the same IP sending keystrokes at the same time? What you're suggesting will get you disconnected REAL fast
  9. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

You have no idea what hardware setups people are using just by seeing them in the game and making assumptions. I'm sure some people do use switches. It's not against the rules. But a lot of people don't, either.

It's been ages, but I've 3 boxed with up to six instances on live servers where that's allowed and I've never once used anything but standard mouse and keyboard. I, personally, wouldn't use a switch because it would be counterintuitive for me. I'd rather just have a physical keyboard, but a keypad might make things easier in some cases. Might have to look into that because I may add a 4th box depending on how it goes with what I'm doing. 6 would be more than I would want to deal with but, I'd still use individual keyboards or keypads. Plus, being on a true box server, I wouldn't want to tempt the code they have in place to watch for that with a switch, since thats been officially suggested. I have the space and it would just be a matter of moving one table into better position on the other side of me.

This really isn't some remote unrealistic concept that someone would 6 box using individual input devices. You might not be able to do it or might not want to, but that doesn't mean others can't or don't. I'll direct you to the many posts where it's discussed that a lot of classes can be controlled by one button press on a keyboard. Some have even explained the exact macros they use for it. It's really not that big a deal. If you have the right setup, it's just a matter of pushing 6 buttons on separate keypads right in front of you each fight.

As far as this "influx of boxers" you suggest, you have that completely backwards. The boxers have always been here. Even in '99, it just wasn't a widespread thing then. I only had one PC back then, but I probably would have as I had an extra phone line for calls while using the other for dialup. But I knew people who did. My crew of three friends I met in-game were roommates and all had their PCs in one room. They boxed each others toons all the time. In '99. Once broadband proliferated and people started getting routers it took off and hasn't stopped. More people box now because in the live game, it's pretty much required. There hasn't been an influx. It's what you have to do to play the game, now. What there has been, with TLP, is an influx of people who haven't played in over a decade and can't seem to grasp that and think that pitching little fits on the forums is going to make people stop. It's not going to.
    Genoane likes this.
  10. Throndor Augur

I wouldn't go that far. There's plenty of stupid, sluggishly reactive, half-attentive half-assers to go around amongst both demographs. All you gotta do is chain-pull and you can quickly see them flush themselves out, single-tooner or boxer alike.
    Not alot of players that actually play all that effectively anymore. When i'm playing, i just understand that I'm carrying, regardless of whether or not my group consists of 6 players, 4 players with 1 guy 3 boxing or whatever. Fact is, most of u guys suck or aren't paying attention, and that fact remains, regardless of the player's box/non-box preference.
  11. Machentoo Augur

Pretty enormous difference really.
  12. Strawberry Augur

No.

They check for similar keystrokes firing at a very short fraction between two different characters on the same IP. Because that is usually a software solution, a broadcaster. Even regular users not using anything but clicking fast between 2 characters,will mistakingly get caught by that algorithm.

They can not check for hardware solutions that allow you to operate multiple PC with the same mouse and keyboard, they would have to dig into .dll driver files to figure out what hardware you're running, and that's a big no-no for anti-virus software that would flag EQ. Even software solutions are incredibly hard to detect, because there are literally thousands of software solutions to be able to use one single mouse and keyboard with multiple PC.
  13. Vandross Lorekeeper

You sound mad that people play 6 accounts with 6 keyboards/mice. Laptops are hard breh.

I'm running 6, u mad? Stop posting here crying about the boxers, dear lord...use pickzone it's not a big issue. If people want to box let them. I respect everyone in game, regardless of how many they play. I'm tired of getting accosted by idiots like you who have no idea what they're talking about.

In short, uninstall.
  14. Hipponipple New Member

It doesn't really matter what happens after they are purchased from DBG. The only way to produce more Krono is to purchase from them and Krono are being consumed providing a need for people to purchase more. If no Krono are being purchased from DBG the supply will dry up eventually. There is no way for it to sustain without someone buying Krono from DBG. The fact that people are able to farm Krono from people is proof that more Krono is being purchased from DBG.

If Krono didn't exist the farmers would just farm items and sell the items for $$. Krono is just a method DBG uses to to get in on the action and make some money off of it as well.
  15. Strawberry Augur

I don't play on Agnarr, I said I'm not interested in permalocked servers.

As far as your personal situation. If you want to box on 6 laptops, more power to you.

I'm all out of neckbeard medallions so you'll just have to pat yourself on the back yourself, or tell your boxed characters how awesome you are.
  16. Illusory Augur

These threads are bait threads.

8 Pages of crap and I bet the OP doesn't even participate on Agnarr.

That's not true, you could easily write a method or function to run 'dxdiag' and/or alter it to spit out everything about the system to a text file (or store it in memory) for parsing. In its base form DXDiag only reports i/o devices, but if you're clever you could do much more with it. Essentially, this will allow you to find any hardware IDs you'd need.
  17. Son of a... Augur

Not talking about the server, I'm talking about the "player" base.
  18. Groans Augur

you do come off as extra salty. Not sure why this enrages you so much unless your just trolling i think everyone has heard your POV on this.
  19. Amoeba Augur

OP asked WHY. I stated the mentality that generates the behavior he has experienced.

I have found most people that dual-box to be terrific in groups. And my interactions with 6-boxers has typically been good. They can be very helpful for when I am trying to get quest pieces.

While I would prefer people to stick to less than 3 boxes, I don't feel adamant either way and personally feel arguing or belittling people for going full bore 6-boxing is inappropriate.

So long as the 6-boxer doesn't go KS and camp steal etc. I am 100% fine with them.
  20. Strawberry Augur

It doesn't "enrage" me in any fashion. You were the one responding to me telling me you box 6 characters.You're looking for acceptance from me and others about your playstyle. You're looking for legitimacy, you're just not going to get it from me.

EQ was never designed to accommodate multiboxing. It's an easymode way to circumvent having to socialize with others. EQ was built from the ground up to play with others, not to sit in your basement with 6 laptops.