Can't create a character + login queue

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MaestroM, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Souljax90 New Member

lol its kicking ppl out after selecting Enter World... idk if thats going to solve anything just floods the que again
  2. TruthofEQ Elder

I heard FP had 80+ like 20 mins ago. 2 instances with 80+ in them. Not sure what it is now, but that should give you an idea as FP will be one of the most popular zones.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You are not being dropped from the queue for inactivity, despite the message. That message occurs when the login server had to be restarted. We are working on improvements.
    Miasaou and Zarrae like this.
  4. Denhiss New Member

There is no queue, let's be honest, it's locking the server, letting some folks get in, then rebooting login servers to repeat.
    Miasaou and Laynie like this.
  5. trashmemes Lorekeeper

The farthest I've made it is the character select screen, which crashed upon character creation.
  6. JimMystic New Member

It doesn't sound like its kicking people who made it far enough to play, so if each reset allows a larger number of players to actually get in, it may mean that we will find it easier to connect as time progresses
  7. Mashef Augur

8. Joshua Schuette New Member

I like many other people who enjoy everquest are a lot older now and have lives and families. We took time off and did many favors just to have the time to play today. Unfortunately that is not the case. Sever crashes, login queues and time outs have made our time go away in a blink of an eye. I understand a lot of work is involved when creating servers and what not but, that does not excuse the fact that many of us have lost one of the only times we could enjoy ourselves uninterrupted.
  9. Mel The Evil one Journeyman

I dont know how people are able to level. When I even try to zone it says the destination zone denied entry lol
  10. Luridus New Member

Try reading a Dev post before you complain and show your ignorance. They are rebooting the login server. You aren't being booted because of inactivity, that's just a generic error message. You are being kicked because the server was rebooted.
  11. MabbuAgnarr Journeyman

Just open the flood gates already..f it
  12. Fethos Lorekeeper

Got in, playing.. zoning.. crash. Don't be too excited to get in
    OssOr likes this.
  13. Bella222 Elder

This really makes me mad. Wait in the queue for 59 minutes and then get kicked out. I started logging right at start time. Is it fixed? How could the server get full in one minute?
  14. Piku Elder

Probably not all that many..likely 2-300 lucky people who will be the first to get the good items...so the first to get the krono...the first to impress all the women...the first to get qt3.14 gfs...the first to succeed in life...there was a group of mages who were level 6 like, 30 mins ago.
  15. Darrieth New Member

As amusing as all of these posts are, could we please get a status update on Agnarr from the devs. People are getting in but not being able to play, I "created a character" then lost connection. Seems as though actually being able to create a character is a key component to the influx to the login server being resolved.
  16. Wolrok Elder

The bigger problem is that the people actually making it to character creation are not making it into game. So they're ending up in the queue too.
  17. crag79 Augur

Made it into Phinny just fine, not sure what all the hullabaloo is about.
    Rikkish likes this.
  18. TruthofEQ Elder

I'm not going to lie, it might be a good idea to release servers earlier in the day so you can troubleshoot a bit. Then when people get off work in EST through PST, it should be relatively stable. a Noon start time wouldn't kill anyone!
  19. Mr Wonderful Journeyman

a little late eh?
    Deadshade likes this.
  20. ianchudson Journeyman

Do we get refunds if our character names are taken? Going on 2 hours of fapping in the queue with multiple resets. I think Sony did a better job of server releases. :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.