Announcing: AgnarrKills.com

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Daax, May 11, 2017.

1. Likelystory New Member

I'm sure it was a totally unbiased poll of 1 guild.
  2. Daax Elder

Thanks for calling me a liar.

I also checked with machen and others who have had experience tracking these things in the past.
  3. PixelQuest Journeyman

this.

there's pretty much only 1 guild that needs ldon kill dates to validate their existence
  4. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Hey. Raid leader from Cult of Chaos here. Just validating what Daax said. LDONs are trivial raids not worth tracking. That's all I got. Have a lovely evening.
  5. Machentoo Augur

Have you played through LDON recently (maybe on Phinigel)?

Having the final kill board for a server determined by ldon make about as much sense as having the final kill board determined by who killed Phinigel Autropos the most # of times.

Probably the top guild would be the same either way, but beyond that no one would even care in either case. The encounters are all trivial and can be done with ~20 people.

I am all for more information, but ldon kill orders don't give you anything real.
  6. Trevalon Augur

How does that make any sense at all though? That's like saying "well, The Patriots had an amazing record this season, but the jets won their game earlier in the day so they are better"

Because ya know, that makes total sense.
  7. Machentoo Augur

It's like saying, well, the Jets had a better regular season record, but the Patriots beat them in the playoffs and won the superbowl. Sorry, Jets, try harder next year! (Edit -- As if the Jets will ever have a better regular season record than the Patriots, lol...)

Just to be crystal clear. The final mob of each expansion -- Quarm, Tunat, OMM, Vishimtar, Mayong, it doesn't matter what expansion -- The final mob is the ONLY one that you can kill and say, "Now we are done with xx expansion." Even if you have some nonprogression mob left to kill, it doesn't really matter. Nothing matters next to the very last end game expansion mob. Everything in every expansion builds up to it. It doesn't matter if you are 30 seconds slower getting to it but have killed everything else two days faster, you lost.
  8. Trevalon Augur

Seems pretty arbitrary that the only thing that makes a guild "Better" than another guild is that they raid a couple hours earlier in the day.

I can see going by the day, that way every guild gets their raid day in regardless of when they raid and everyone is on even ground for that particular day, but for Darkwind to beat Sad Dragons because Darkwind raids at 3pm and Sad Dragons raids at 9pm is pretty ridiculous imo. Both guilds should be allowed to finish their personal raids for that given day then compare their overall kill records. I mean if every guild started raiding at the exact same time then sure, go by time, because they were on level ground to begin with, but if they both killed the mob on the same day then it isn't a matter of one guild is "better" it is purely a matter of one guild raided earlier, which shouldn't be THE deciding factor imo.

Personally, I think you should just put it in alphabetical order and stop trying to rank guilds in this manner, just because one guild raids 30 hours a week and another raids 10 doesn't make the 30 hour a week guild the "better" guild. But we all know that won't happen...
  9. malaki Augur

I've done LDoN plenty. Everything on TLP is trivial with all of the changes that have happened over the years, it isn't as if any of the expansions prior to LDoN were exactly difficult to complete. I don't really care if it's tracked or not, was just curious if it was going to be done on Agnarr since it wasn't done on Phinigel.
  10. -wycca Augur

Two things. First, it isn't a list of "best" guilds in a ranking from best to worst. It's a list of guilds who have killed raid targets in an expansion ranked by those who finished it first. If you conflate such a list of finish times with being a list of "best" guilds, that's your own projection.

Second, nothing is stopping you from making an alternative web page with whatever ranking (or non-ranking) or any metric you choose as an alternative resource for TLP players. I'm sure many of us would be thankful to have yet another resource available for TLP players.
  11. Mabbu #1 New Member

With Agnarr locking you're going to need a measurement tool to track not only who killed what first, but also who is actively currently killing what as well somehow. The server is going to lock and god knows if the same 1 guild that killed Quarm first will still be the dominating guild on the server months, years etc after that.
    Machentoo likes this.
  12. Galleyan Augur

This is actually an excellent point. Maybe a mouse-over with first kill and last kill? Keep it super simple. Maybe limit "last kill" to once a month or once every 3 months or something... just to minimize work-load keeping it updated?
  13. Razzle Augur

Thank you buddy! Was sweating bullets there though I was going to have to do it.

Will post a link on agnarr.com and the Agnarr Community Discord Server.
  14. Trevalon Augur

When you start making a list with numbers that puts guilds in order using a predetermined metric from 1 to 26, you absolutely are making a list of "Best to Worst". If you truly don't want to make it about "best to worst" then take away the numbers, make it alphabetical, and just put check marks by mobs killed instead of dates...then it is just about "who has killed what." That all being said, I don't care much for that rat race anymore as the guild I am currently in isn't even on that list because we just don't care enough.

Either way, its their board and they can run it how they want to obviously, I was just curious the thought process for those particular rankings of same day kills. I don't necessarily agree with how they do it, but again, its not my board so they can do whatever. I just know if I looked at that board I'd put Sad Dragons above Darkwind any day.
  15. AgentofChange Augur

That's the way races work dude. The people who finish first are usually ranked higher. If Joe runs a race and finishes it in 11 hours, and Bob finishes it in 12 hours, Joe gets ranked ahead of Bob.

"But they finished the race on the same day! Seems pretty arbitrary". Well, they started the race at the same time, that's the way it works.
  16. George_IV New Member

Daax edits the website to favor OGC anyway no one takes it serious. Remember when OGC won the first anything ever he changed the entire website to show #1's in the name and banner? It might as well be OGCkills.com

Funny once people lose all races after being try yards they just cry "oh lol no one cares about races"
  17. Daax Elder

I truly feel sorry for people like you.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

I don't give a lick about this thread but I have to say people like you are what give EQ and these forums a bad name (and your guild if you'd had the balls to say who you are in game). What a worthless post from an even more worthless poster. Seek help.
  19. Machentoo Augur

If someone were to do something like this, it really would have to be automated rather than manual updates. No way Daax or anyone else is going to want to update a most recent kills list every time any guild kills anything. For that matter most guilds probably wouldn't want to submit that information either, even getting guilds to submit first kill dates is pulling teeth sometimes. Maybe something with a log parser looking for systemwides, but you'd have to somehow maintain a list of which toons are with which guild.
  20. Mabbu #1 New Member

Log parser tracking kill counts would be awesome.