@EQDevs ~ Promotion / Date for Agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by steiner, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steiner Augur

Can we Please have a date and some promoting for this server on the forums and social media that would potentially reach out to returning, on the fence, and players who wouldn't otherwise know a Pop-locked server is happening, officially?

So far I've seen the release of Phinny, 1999 expand, and a recent WW server launch get more publicity and official dialogue than Agnarr and I hope that changes. games today just arent that great and there's probably a large market for players who would love to come back to norrath for agnarr this summer.. i know you guys said that you would 'make some more noise closer to release', but i had to search pretty darn hard to find that and there is a lot of people who may miss that statement and be regretfully ignorant of your new summer server launch and go play/buy other games due to lack of knowledge.

on twitter and facebook they are hyping their 18th anniversary and not a word, picture, or description of agnarr anywhere. this tlp is much more unique and relevant to the players than a 18th anniversary. there's also no offical stickied post yet. id do this stuff myself if you'd let me, haha. it has the potential to bring back a lot more players than any previous tlp and needs to be hyped for the months leading up to its release. people are excited for this and have stated whatever they are playing right now became irrelevant the moment they heard about this new server. i felt that affect and i think other's will too if you have a road-map to launch date.

maybe after this weekend im used to wrestlemania like promotions, but at least have some content, its 2017!... :rolleyes:... theres a huge revival for classic games just like this right now and a large fan base. Youtube seems to be the best way these classic game relaunches get attention. word of mouth takes time.
  2. Storm Lord Agnarr Journeyman

I only know about this server because an old friend mentioned it. Otherwise I'd have no idea.

Doubt many people who aren't playing currently read producer letters or watch those anniversary streams in their entirety.

The news ruined the fun I was having in WoW and now this is all I want to do. :D
  3. steiner Augur

yes i was playing on that new wow elysium server that just dropped with 8k people on pretty much 24/7 and i instantly gave up the moment i heard about this...ive heard this story so many times now its ridiculous. people dont know what to play at this point because whatever it is, its not a pop-locked fresh box.

after seeing elysium+phinigel i cant imagine why this cant be something truely astonishing. and the hard part is already done, the game is built. all you have to do is promote it half as well as the private guys do, and that isnt happening yet, sadly. if there's any dev's here reading, please go youtube the wow elysium launch and try to mimic whats going on over there. because it was a great experience for us players until we heard about this rumor and now we are hoping Agnarr gets the same treatment and population. im absolutely sure agnarr would be a order of magnitude better and more populated if these old players got the word and had time to prepare themselves.

the response to classic games is much weaker if the players feel like they missed the boat, like the devs arent promoting/present, like the community isnt active/interactive, or if they feel like the game they loved so much never reached back out to them at such a crucial moment in gaming history, summer of 2017.
  4. MBear Augur

I have been telling people I have played with in the past and many are not aware this is coming. Maybe they just don't care enough to watch closely but it does seem like some promotion could be Beneficial.
  5. Storm Lord Agnarr Journeyman

Once we have a release date somebody who can write well should type up an article. A fan did this before Ragefire and MMORPG.com let them be a "guest writer".

In fact the link to that article is the most popular thing to have ever been posted on EQ's official facebook page with 1,000+ likes and 415 shares.
    nirriri and MBear like this.
  6. steiner Augur

usually if someone writes an article, they are pasted across many gaming blogs and hopefully a few youtube videos too..
  7. RadarX Augur

There are definitely plans to market Agnarr and you'll see more of that as we get closer to the release date.
  8. AgentofChange Augur

Which is!? :D
  9. Kinlin Lorekeeper

How long did it take phinny to launch after DBG announced they were making a TLP server with that ruleset? I doubt agnarr needs as much testing as phinny did, but that may give us a pseudo time-frame of when this will be released (other than summer 2017).
  10. AgentofChange Augur

Phinigel was officially announced on November 23, 2015:

https://www.everquest.com/news/phinigel-true-box-progression-server-dec-9-2015

It launched 16 days later on December 9, 2015. The post suggests there were rumors about Phinigel's launch prior to this day. I cannot find any posts with those rumors though, this is all I see in terms of announcements before actual launch.

On December 7, 2015 (2 days before launch), we were told what time it would open at.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...l-server-available-weds-dec-9-2pm-pst.228969/
  11. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Soon(™).
    nirriri likes this.
  12. Kinlin Lorekeeper

Well that blows that idea out of the water. I hope they are planing some big announcements/events to open the server. I was thinking they are going to wait a month or so after LDoN launches on phinny, so they can test it out and work out some bugs.
  13. Astley Augur

Did some quick searching... there were at least posts and rumors about the 'true-box' server open Back in October of 2015, and likely earlier also.

Didn't open until December 2015. So...at least a month before the full "announcement" from when the rumors started.
  14. Reht The Dude abides...

True, but the official announcement was on 11/23 with the server opening on 12/9. So yes, we know it's "coming soon" but it would be nice to have more than a little more than 2 weeks so folks can better plan for time off for the opening should they so desire.
  15. Razzle Augur

This is wonderful news. I was wondering if there was going to be marketing for Agnarr. :)
  16. Ultrazen Augur

Promote it? If they never mentioned it again, you'd have a hard time even logging in to create a character the first week.
  17. Rhodz Augur

Naw I think they blew that wad with RF, that was true mess complete with ques.
    I doubt so much interest will ever hit again. PH was far easier(remember no one knew about the xp rate) and far less loaded than RF and am thinking the laws of diminishing returns are going to kick in the more the TLP idea is used.
    Kind of wish they had worked the kinks out before launching RF but given they ignored most of the feedback from beta and launched anyway I guess it wasn't a priority.
  18. Rhodz Augur

Naw they blew that wad with RF.
  19. Baulkin Augur

There needs to be much more promotion of this server. At least post it on the main page. This is basically a massive revival of the very popular Al'kabor server. For that manner it is so popular it is a currently running with many players. From my own point of view in order to request more than 3 days off at a time I need to give 2 weeks notice at work to do so. Announcing "Surprise! Coming next weekend! Agnarr!" Will be a big marketing fail.
  20. C3lowz Augur

There really needs to be some form of "outside" advertising for these servers. Whenever I bring up the TLP servers to old school EQ players I occasionally meet on the absurd amount of forums I frequent, I always get a surprised response followed by something along the lines of they will check it out. I believe if they were to cough up some $$ for advertisement purposes we'd see a lot more players coming back to EQ1.

Live EQ compared to Classic era are completely different games. I only come back for the TLP servers. Sure they're not "true" classic like P99. But it is still fun to play and relive old memories and make new ones on them with others. TLP servers are a great thing for EQ1. I truly believe this game would be shut down if not for them. Do something to bring in more people to keep the party going!
    Razzle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.