Shaman DOT changes intended?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Natal, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Skvoid Elder

What's wrong with that is as a pure DPS class you can't help heal if you want. I'll take a spell gem penalty to be able to help heal as a wizard when things go bad on a event.

And it's not hard to make spell swap sets, necros have been doing for ages to layer all the dots they need too, last time I checked they needed to load three sets in a rotation, so its pretty easy to make a full dps set and swap in a heal set when you need heavy healing.

Shamans can DPS as a DPS class and heal as a Heal class and debuff the mob as well as providing nice ADSP to a melee group with epic spire and lion, now in my opinion that's not fair to pure DPS classes who can only DPS and have no option to heal or debuff add ADPS etc.
  2. p2aa Augur

Haha
    Suddenly, shaman parses aren't legit, but the tanks parses in the other thread are ?
    Talk about being one dimensional lol.
  3. Warpeace Augur

Except now add Shaman to your list of OMG they stole our jobs.
  4. Fohpo Augur

They can probably tanked slowed trash mobs in FM too, better nerf.
  5. Aaragonn New Member

From other post, maybe fits in better here:

Hello,

I myself play a wizard in a raidguild. I started to play EQ in 2000.

All we can is port and do DPS.

It is sad to see other classes such as shaman, which are great supporters who can heal/slow/buff...doing same or more DPS than wizzies.

Do not get me wrong, it is ok that sham have such an amazing DPS now (i guess necromancers will get their DPS boosted even more (which is now very high, especialy at longer fights), too).

For me the class balancing does not exist anymore. So sad. What is the intension of boosting a support class (shammie) in DPS so much that other pure DPS caster classes such as wizzies do not make more damage anymore?

Or will the wizzie be boosted in the near future, too?

If not, it is just a joke. If DPS is needed in a raid, a shammie comes in and a wizzie sits out?

regards

Aaragonn
  6. Gnomeland Augur

Obviously, the solution is to nerf mages.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Nenake like this.
  7. shruggz Elder

for the love of Christmas, wizards are complaining that a shaman are doing too much dps?
    work on your burn rotation, the only parse I saw shown on the second page of this thread shows
    top burning shaman at 158k dps, are you saying as a wizard you cant beat 158k dps? the next one was at 95k and the third was at 66k I used to group with a self proclaimed hedge wizard who could blow those numbers up, and that was long ago. this increase in shaman personal dps was sorely needed
    before this increase watching a shaman kill anything was like watching turtles fight, omg what am I gonna do heal over time you to death? we needed a boost and got one. I for one say thank you I feel like a shaman again.
    instead of boo hooing now about what others can do how about lobbying for what you want.
    be clear and concise and realistic. you wizards that are complaining how much dps can a first rate wizard do now? not what per say what you can do but the top rated wizards? how much if any are you short of that? what can you do with the tools you currently have to close that gap? how much dps do you think a first rate wizard should do? what tools do you think could or should be upgraded to get you where you want to be?
    if you honestly feel that your numbers are too low you will serve yourself and class much better by trying to improve or get improved what you have, instead of saying other classes have too much, what are top rated other dps classes putting out? I know for certain, some of them are at least 5 times these numbers.
    yet your pointing out the shaman? lol
    Ive seen some crazy numbers posted from all kinds of classes Just about any parse I see in these forums I will take with a grain of salt.
    I know as a group shaman I'm not close to 158k, I'm sure I'm not doing all I can do to maximize my numbers either, but that's my issue, not a fault of the class. and its certainly not a fault of the wizard class because omg they blow stuff up.
    as for shaman now our dps comes at a cost, both in mana and in agro. our aa cani is helpful
    spiritual channeling is helpful, and if you've been around long enough to have staunch recovery that is helpful. spell canni is just too small a return to be of any use at all. but those dots cost a crap ton of mana and cannot be sustained forever, or used on every trash mob in a grind, and that's as it should be, then you get into the whole agro issue, and that's as it should be, if your gonna put out some dps you may have to take some heat.
    what good can come from whining about what a priest class can do when its subpar to what most dps classes can do? if your a dps class complaining perhaps a change of strategy is in order.
  8. shruggz Elder

lolz I read the parse wrong what kind of enhancements are those guys on =)
    /serves self some crow
  9. Nenake Elder

A shaman should not be outdpsing pure dps classes unless the player playing the dps class sucks*