Purchase content for a friend

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Shelda, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Shelda New Member

Hello.

With the release of EoK, what happened to the ability to buy an expansion for a friend? I have a few friends that are less fortunate than me and I'd like to purchase EoK for them so they can travel with me in the new content. Please bring this back or direct me to the hidden link that I seemingly cannot find. Thanks in advance.
  2. Ghubuk Augur

Unfortunately, it was horribly abused in the past where someone would "gift" an expansion to a friend then put a chargeback on it months down the road.
    If you really want to help them out, then send them a prepaid credit card or cash so they can buy it.
  3. Ghubuk Augur

4. Shelda New Member

Uff, really? I mean, why do people have to mess it up for legitimate customers. :(

Thanks for the info though, appreciate you taking the time.
  5. Shelda New Member

Not sure why they can't make it a purchased in game item, like, in the DBG store for cash where it'll send me an activation code though?
  6. Ghubuk Augur

Because you still run into the issue where people use accounts they dont care if they lose, sell the activation codes to others, then do chargebacks on all the the activation codes they purchased and sold. This gets their account they did it on banned, but they don't care about losing that account and now the people that bought these "gifted" activation accounts lose their expansion as well with no recourse to get back what they paid for it (be it plat, krono, items, cash etc).
  7. Shelda New Member

I guess a visa gift card is the only option then. I am guessing that is legitimate though, yes? I don't want to see a ban come from giving a visa gift card.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

As long as it is an accepted payment method it will not cause a ban in and of itself.
  9. Ghubuk Augur

DBG doesn't care if you give a visa card to someone. If they use it and then you as the "gifter" were to somehow cancel that gift card, the person using it would be banned if they used it to purchase something, but that would be between you and them.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  10. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

You can either give them a prepaid gift card of your choosing or send them money to either PayPal or if they have a Greendot account like a Wal-Mart Prepaid Visa you can go buy a Greendot money card with enough to cover the cost of the expansion ($38 so about $40 to be safe plus the $5 fee for purchasing the card) and that is non refundable so there is no way to cancel or for anyone to be banned.

It's a shame Daybreak is so bad at marketing and doesn't have this option in stores with their own non refundable cards available with the expansion code on it like the old Daybreak cash cards. The downside to digital is the ability to scam people. I guess it lowers costs but it is what it is.
    moogs likes this.
  11. moogs Augur

Just want to point out that PayPal is now an accepted form of payment. So you can send money to them very easily and they can pay for the expansion using their PayPal balance. Only thing is whether they'll use it for EQ as you request, but that's between the two of you.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.