Any chance you could allow us to buy EOK and gift it?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Eniner, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Eniner Augur

I wanna buy EOK for a friend who is low on funds he is a great friend hard worker just going through hard times at the time. But i would love to be able to buy EOK for him and gift a code to his email for a surprise! I know before i was able to do this for many years using Steam but steam does not appear to have eok on the purchase list. Any chance you could make a button on everquest.com page on the purchase page with the option to gift this xpac to a friend?
  2. gotwar Gotcharms

I second this idea.

While I realize all the clustersplosion involved with the codes earlier this year makes DBG wary of this kind of thing, there are other "non gift-code" ways to make this work.

Maybe let the purchaser put in an account name or character/server for the account they'd like to gift it to on the purchase screen? Something that still lets us gift them but w/o the potential third-party issues that go along with actual redemption codes.

Just a thought :)
    Eniner likes this.
  3. karmalious Lorekeeper

A suggested workaround for ya:

Maybe your friend is willing to give you his account info.

Then simply goto account management, add credit card, buy expansion, delete credit card from file, done....
  4. Eniner Augur

I was willing to do that but via eula that is not allowed and i would rather try go about it in a legit manor.
  5. Ghubuk Augur

I suppose you could just give your friend your credit card number or send him the cash and he could do it himself.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Eq takes pay pal. Send him the money thru pay pal with the notation that this is for the expansion then he has the money in pay pal to put on his account. Failing that buy a visa gift card in the amount you want to pay.
  7. Eniner Augur

I have done and tried that. Bad thing is , is that he is old school real old and dont accept hand out. I guess you could say he is too proud to accept said gift knowing it was bought so he could play. This is a trick my friend and make him think i did something to earn a code so he doesnt think it was bought for him. I know some may not understand his reasons or how he was raised. But its really a quite simple function they can add in not entirely hard to perform.
    I have tried sending him the money via paypal he sends it back and says he will wait its a man thing. LOL
  8. Eniner Augur

It is one of those rare monents where its a person you met on eq over 12 years ago and they are a huge influance to you and you look up to them and honor the friendship you have gained over the years. Eq is more then just a game to some of us its a brother hood of friends and family that has kept us all together despite never meeting in real life. It is a win - win for boths side Daybreak will get even more purchases from folks who could not affford it at the time gain and keep members from friends who enjoy being nice during holidays and wins for us as we get to keep playing with our close friends who couldnt afford to play.
  9. Ghubuk Augur

I suspect the reason they won't do this is because people will "sell" a code ingame, then cancel the transaction to dbg which is same thing that led to the last mess.
  10. Ghubuk Augur

From an earlier post by you; (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...says-access-denied.233733/page-4#post-3447583)
    Quote Sooo with these mass ban waves. I bought 12 keys in general chat for krono trade. No where did i break any rules by doing this. A lot of my friends have met the same fate. Unquote
    It would lead to this again, because people use burner accounts/stolen cc's to buy and then cancel the "gift key". They transfer their kronos/plat/dollars away from burner account then when the cancel transaction occurs, the only accounts that get banned are the one that was "gifted" the account and possibly the burner account that "gifted" it to them.
  11. Derd Augur

While the intent seems positive. I have to wonder how your old school no handouts friend would appreciate you tricking him with a fake you won a free expansion ruse. Especially now that it's out on a public website.
  12. Eniner Augur

Oh no thats now how i want it im simply wanting to gift a code. This is purchased directly with daybreak online and not a 3rd party site as steam etc. This is also well documented card used on their games for many many years with zero cancels. I get where you come from though with the trades and such def not what im after here as i could just log in accounts and do it for people have them change infomation to their accounts once done. Im trying to find a legit way for this to be done without the hasstle and coming directly from daybreak them self so we know the codes are 100% accurate from a legit source.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Wow. Maybe should have used one of those keys.
  14. Ghubuk Augur

Unfortunately, with "gifting", the problem of the "gifter" cancelling the transaction afterwards is still an issue. As was seen in the last fiasco, the cc cancellations apparently didn't even happen until months afterwards. I think it was like 3 or 4 months that credit cards allow for cancellations to occur.
  15. Eniner Augur

I am not expecting this to be done i am hoping they can provide it them self with more secure measures in place. It is more of a hopeful thinking vrs a expectation.
  16. Smokezz The Bane Crew

That was not a gift/cancellation issue.. that was a stolen credit card issue. It happens with pretty much every game out there, and every game out there does exactly the same thing.
  17. Ghubuk Augur

Well, yes, the cc's were likely stolen. But it never got caught until all the chargebacks happened. As much as I like the idea of being able to "gift" a code, it is what opens up the possibility of rampant abuse again.
  18. Emarra Gnecromancer of Ak`Anon

There's no reason they couldn't make the expansion into an in game item that can be clicked one time, just like a Krono.
    Gyurika Godofwar and gotwar like this.