Feb 15, The day all SHD became eunuchs.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Unpleasant, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Swiss Augur

It certainly won't be fun for the group entering T2 group content without raid gear or sub optimal group composition. But I guess other tanks get to keep their heal procs.
  2. Vdidar Augur

I'm still not sure why people are throwing such a fit. I think most people that play this game realize the devs at this point really do not care about our input nor do they care about whining and threatening to quit. Most everyone who still plays realizes that we are all going to continually get nerfed because that's what these devs do. They don't generally do it right and we spend a few months trying to fix what is borked but that is just how it is. So quit whining and adapt or quit. It makes no difference to them.
  3. SonOfABiscuit Augur

Drogbaa broke the game for SKs >.<
  4. Swiss Augur

Or people can continue to voice concerns and maybe they will see them and listen. But if being silent or quitting is the best option for you then go for it.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Cactuszach like this.
  5. Belexes ForumQuester

Heck, I have seen a few SKs recently that played like they already got snipped pre-patch. Unbelievable some are that crappy playing the class. I suck and they make me look like Drogba. :D
  6. Orienn TreeHugger

The nerf definitely does suck but if you're any good at the class you'll get through it and it won't let you bring you down. All this whining and crying isn't going to change it, if you want to be mad at anyone be mad at the twit who made the video which led to this nerf. I mean what really did you expect would happen they would give you an Epeen of the year award?
  7. Cactuszach Elder

Look on the bright side SKs, at least you don't have a unicorn mount.

Or Act of Valor.
  8. Thash Zoner

One year ago: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-feb-17-2016.230797/

I doubt it was a few videos that made this decision. This has been cooking for a while. They've had a year to examine the after effects of this patch.

Also, I am certain that player population per class is taken into account. When a class becomes the go-to, they will bleed.
    Belexes and Cactuszach like this.
  9. Belexes ForumQuester

Yep, ranger nerfs were awesome. Glad they happened. I like how HS is now.

Look for the silver lining nerds. :p
  10. Belexes ForumQuester

11. Swiss Augur

Yea but at least rangers got a silver lining, if SKs got something to replace this like a buff to their AoE lifetap this would be much easier to take. Would hurt swarming but at least give group/raid content something.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Belexes ForumQuester

I practically main a SK. I will find the silver lining, don't you fear. :cool:
  13. Thash Zoner

Aside from the occasional foray into class channels, I wouldn't know. Anyway, those woody range rangers aren't exactly tanks.
  14. Peechka Journeyman

So looking at todays patch notes, no mention of SK nerfs.... Hmmmm
  15. sojero One hit wonder

They are there.
  16. Mattnaik Lorekeeper

So....what does this mean then?

- Buffs that allow you to regain health as a percentage of your melee damage will now only heal you for attacks made on your current target.
    - - This change prevents ripostes made on creatures that aren't your current target from healing you while under the effects of abilities such as the Shadowknight AA ability Mortal Coil.
  17. Belexes ForumQuester

Let me help you read. :p
  18. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Sure there is, they just tried to minimize it by not including it in the "Highlights" section. After all, why would the most debated change in years be considered a Highlight? The only constant is their lack of respect for the players.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. Kassus New Member

This is what happens when there is to much amalgamation between classes. Tanks should be able to tank. Multiple mobs should be ok (although atm it may be in a little excess for all tanks). Everyone wants to be able to tank, dps, heal, etc. People have lost the idea of class roles.

Looking at all of the changes in a way it looks like they are trying to bring back class roles. All tanks, even after this nerf, have the ability to tank 3-4 mobs with ease. This nerf just took away the ability to have 10+ mobs away without a raid geared tank with real support. Chanters are losing their ability to really tank like before. This may make them focus on being a cc class, which they were designed to be and now may be more needed with the nerf to leech abilities. SKs will just have to use their non damaging aoe hate abilities to keep stuff aggroed without dpsing them like in the old days.

While I would like to think that bring back class roles was the intent, I do admit there is one flaw to my reasoning. The changes to Druid/Sham dot dps is dumbfounding. The increases in damage should be given to other pure dps classes to get them near zerker levels while nerfing tank 2h damage slightly to stop from killing raid dps or making it over the top. In the end the game is much more fun when a class has a defining role. Its not fun when chanters can tank as well as a Pally, or a soon when shaman out dps necros with dots.
  20. Shinzen New Member

You weren't reading it all then.