Feb 15, The day all SHD became eunuchs.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Unpleasant, Feb 13, 2017.

1. MagePower New Member

Daybreaks Valentines Day Message to the SK's.

[IMG]
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Considering they were doing that 3 years ago, and don't need any discs or additional healing ability to pull 5-6 at once (which, in terms of time investment, is actually faster than trying to pull 50 mobs, blow everything, then camp out, taking 4 hours to do one lesson), so not really sure what that has to do with anything.
  3. Swiss Augur

Sort of funny the posts about Drogba being super skilled to do those videos then the next sentence is why every SK needs nerfed. Either what he does is common and deserves the nerf or he's skilled and the exception which means the nerf is not needed.

There are plenty of ways to fix swarming but hammering SKs riposte heals is not the answer.
    Xeladom and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. Unpleasant Journeyman

Not at all, saw an episode or two of it, seemed like rubbish, so did not continue.
  5. Unpleasant Journeyman

Unpleasant said:
    “This change will affect my ability to PL players in Chapterhouse for plat/krono. I don't like that.”

I honestly wish it were that petty, but 'fixes' like this, show a clear disconnect between the devs and their own game. Or better still, it is all the skeleton crew can manage now...

I know very well how to adapt and make it work, but just the outright terrible fix trend lately gives me 0 desire to continue progressing. Which is really messed up as I flat out knew I was signing up to jump on a hamster wheel in the first place :)
    Aghinem and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. Badhand Elder

So when I start lagging cause of the train of all the creatures in the upper zone of Valley what class do you think that would be? I saw another person do all the soldiers and farmers and kill them. I didn't check but am guessing it was a SK. Is that really to do with skill? He/she is just overpowered from the latest expansions AA & Armor.
  7. Tereil Elder

Just about any class can do Valley at this point with or without effort once EoK T2 and AAd. It is...numerous...years old.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Vdidar Augur

This isn't a new trend. It has been happening for years.
  9. Badhand Elder

Well do you think it puts stress on the servers when half the zone is being pulled and killed because it is the only place to farm good armor and weapons for heroic chars. There and Argath. I bet it was a SK, mate.
  10. Moege Augur

The are 3 other classes that do the same, stop guessing/betting you may just lose.
    Azbaelus likes this.
  11. Badhand Elder

So 4 is just about 16? I bet you it's not.

Would they need a healer cause they didn't have one?
  12. Tereil Elder

I have no doubt it stresses the servers. I never went to Valley on 3 of my 4 toons I play regularly. Never had a need to.
    Still, most old group zones can be pulled this way. I know I've done it numerous times on numerous characters. It's fun. Especially when it's a zone that frequently owned you when you progressing through.

My point was simply that it need not be a shadow knight merely because of pulling a large chunk of an old zone.
  13. Badhand Elder

S
    So the issue of server instability could* be being addressed in the most likely place.
  14. Moege Augur

No idea what you mean by the 4/16. Guessing that you are implying 4 out of 16 classes, why that is relevant I don't know.

2 of them yes, other no.

Does needing a healer matter ?
    Not really, nothing changed for the 2 that needed them anyway.
    Your lag is still going to happen
    Server resources is still going to be used

Mistook someone for a sk last night doing swarming, showed some empathy that it is the last day. His response was laughter and saying not sk buddy, doesn't affect me.
  15. Badhand Elder

I was just using the example of exaggeration from Tereil that just about any class can do it.

So we're down to a 50 percent chance that it's a SK.... I saw??

Now how long would it take a Paladin to kill them all? Cause he killed them quick.
  16. Moege Augur

1/4 = 50% ? I really want to place a bet with you in that case.
    Paladin about the same speed as a SK.

Go back and read again what is getting nerfed, it is not the damage the mobs take.

What would it help changing Valley to prevent swarming ? You want to stop it in one zone, last I looked EQ has a lot more zones than just the 1.
  17. Badhand Elder

Oh well a 50 percent chance then. Paladin or SK could do it without a merc. The reason I bet it was a SK was because I would have thought a Paladin would have taken longer which I reckon would on multiple targets... and also be more able to keep up with the heals which as I understand(learning) runs off those many targets or something like that. It is most suitable for the job. I bet it wins easily in a race or maybe not now.

I'm just using or Valley as an example of one zone it happens in. Now of course it happens in other zones. I bet it does which is why I am questioning the server instability as obviously one zone isn't going to cut it.
  18. Millianna Augur

What are people smoking? This change isn't going to do anything about an SK mass killing in the Valley. Go ahead and nerf my DPS too and I still will be able to do this. An to be honest, I'll probably do it more often.
  19. Warpeace Augur

You left out the Zerker to decap them once they were all rounded up.
  20. Sinzz-Wickedley Lorekeeper

its kinda comical that all the cool things that made eq fun and a char feel heroic have been taken away , i came back to eq over wow years ago because i enjoyed the sk and swarming that made a sk feel like a god, i know they were light blue mobs but still, that said i haven't swarmed in years so i guess this wont effect me as long as i don't pull more then one at a time and stuff?