Feb 15, The day all SHD became eunuchs.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Unpleasant, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The night they nerfed the SKs down
    And the bells were ringing
    The night they nerfed the SKs down
    And the people were singing
    They went, "Na, na, la, na, na, na"

No point to that just thought of the lyrics with the SK nerf in mind. :)

Sucks to get nerfed and if one was going to be done it really should have happened years ago if it was going to happen. But it is what it is. The automatic call by some who get nerfed to nerf others is just bitter grapes though and sad.
  2. kizant Augur

After all these posts I still have a hard time understanding what the difference will be. Has someone posted an example that I've missed? You know like a basic comparison of what you're doing on Live vs what you're limited to doing now on Test? There's been plenty of time to do a good comparison and post some numbers that devs can evaluate. If you want them to take you serious you need something fairly specific to point to.
    Thancra, Vrinda, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  3. Millianna Augur

Anyone who is familiar with the SK class doesn't need a parse to understand this is a swift kick in the jewels. There will be no real difference for 1 - 2 mobs, but an SKs ability to multi tank without proper group support is going decrease. With proper group support I am guessing that AoE will be possible, just not as many mobs as before.
  4. GoldenFrog Augur

1 primary mob and 1 add, both doing dps to the tank.
    Leech heals SK for a % of melee damage plus ripostes dealt to the primary target.

On live, leech additionally heals SK for a % of ripostes landed on the Add
    On test, this has been removed.

So currently, each add on the front-arc (ripostable) can have some of it's incoming damage mitigated with riposte-heals, if leech is running.
    On Test that is 100% removed.

This is why SKs are commenting it affects *all* aspects of the game, not just swarming which takes this concept to the extreme.
    Gyurika Godofwar and kizant like this.
  5. kizant Augur

Fair enough but it would help with all the hysteria for at least some ballpark numbers. Instead of 50 mobs with some support is it now 20 or 3 or what? If it's still a decent amount I hope nobody really thinks they should reroll over the change.
  6. GoldenFrog Augur

There is no clean answer because it depends on the mob DPS, attack speed and more. Opinions vary but for myself (from experience and actual parsing on TEST this week), it is a noticable difference with just 1-2 adds.

I'm probably in the same boat as other SKs that nothing will stop this so there is no benefit at this point to posting any actual parses or #'s. Any who care, can ask an SK in-game. The rest have no interest in the truth.
  7. Rafather Augur

Don't worry, I bet the OP didnt know it ment the castration of young boys either till he started spanking it to Game of Thrones.
  8. Tucoh Augur

SKs pre patch
    [IMG]

SKs post patch
    [IMG]

Still good!
  9. MagePower New Member

fixed.
  10. GoldenFrog Augur

Keeping on that vein, it will do zero to stopping Paladins from PLing players in Chapterhouse for plat/krono.
    Xeladom and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Good explanation, but it gets worse than that because this affects more than just SKs. The other two tanks used Blood Drinker's Coating to achieve results similar to SK epic (but weaker) on a smaller scale, such as a 5 mob pull. Also, melee classes with AE burns would make use of Blood Drinker for survivability. AE attacks were made more dangerous by allowing mobs to riposte them (when devs decided to change legacy riposte coding so we'd be forced to deal with Sarnak Finesse), and now made even more dangerous because melee can't mitigate that incoming riposte damage with partial healing.

This nerf may be targeted at SKs, but it's not only hitting SKs.
    Tucoh and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  12. oldandnasty Augur

Dear DB,

Please quit with the nerfs and fix your servers already.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Vdidar Augur

you might want to start eating humble pie cause you sir are an idiot
  14. Aghinem Augur

You added nothing to this, so piss off.
  15. Vdidar Augur

i added more than you with that small statement but you still dont even realize that.
  16. Aghinem Augur

Okay, let me put this in simpler terms that maybe you will understand...

Go from thread to thread remarking that you're an idiot, this thread is dumb, etc etc - doesn't add anything on a intellectual level. Maybe in your small circle of friends, you are a legend among legends in the internet troll community; aside from that - your remarks are thoughtless, meaningless, and outright boring. You can call me every name in the book and I can care less. I made my post over a legitimate concern that the changes about to be implemented were being done under a false pretense or manipulated data. I stated very clearly that if I am in the wrong and it is proven with evidence that there was no outside sources or cheat software - more power to the guy. That is not a license for you to be an A-hole.
  17. Vdidar Augur

Your complete lack of knowledge for the game should disqualify you from this conversation lol
  18. Aghinem Augur

...and if brains were dynamite, you'd have enough mental fortitude to blow the knees off a tick. With that said. Good Night!
  19. Vdidar Augur

meh moral of the story is just because you can't do something and someone else can doesn't mean they are cheating to do it lol.
    Sancus likes this.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Today:
    [IMG]

Tomorrow:
    [IMG]

Thursday:
    [IMG]

Let the tears of celebration flow like wine!
    fransisco, Tucoh, Unpleasant and 3 others like this.