Invested Spiked Scale Whip

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ruven_BB, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Ruven_BB Augur

Any chance the ratio can be reviewed. Its made on a rare raid drop to be as good as current group dropped weapons.

Thanks,

Ruven
  2. Natal Augur

How much damage do the swarm pets do?
    The ratio would take that into account.
  3. Schadenfreude Augur

Same as Vander's Bane but they only exist for half the time.
  4. Ruven_BB Augur

And Vander's Bane has a 7.47 ratio, not 6.17 that the whip has.

So a new raid weapon, that is a rare raid drop, has a worse damage proc and much lower ratio from a previous expansion drop.

What is the logic that this weapon has been nerfed to almost uselessness?

Ruven
  5. Kravn Augur

yet Invested Wurmslayer is godlike for wars =x
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

*tanks
  7. Maedhros High King

Definitely would love to see the Spiked Whip get a boost to at least slightly surpass the Vanders bad ratio.
    My biggest complaint is that the Invested versions dont have a more substantial version of the proc or clickies.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

So use the better weapon. What's the problem?
  9. Kravn Augur

No, just Wars / DW classes that think they are tanks.

Knights have better options.
    Sheex and Sindaiann like this.
  10. Kohnn Elder

^like^ takes a raid drop to create, makes sense to have its ratio match/be in same ballpark as other eok raid weps
  11. Randragon Augur

Something that requires a 'raid drop' to upgrade it should be brought up to the ratio of the raid weapons of that expansion.
    For some reason the Devs during beta went all crazy with the nerf bat on this item.
    It needs to be revisited and the ratio corrected to the standards of EoK's raid weapons.
  12. Triconix Augur

I would trade Wurmy for the knight EoK knight wep any day of the week.
  13. Rafather Augur

This whip doesn't whip, it should be made to whip. Right now is a stupid ring toss game and not a whip. Upgrade the graphic so the whip can whip.

Oh and upgrade it a bit please.
  14. Sawlt New Member

Problem was stated clearly, the weapon isn't raid quality, but requires raid piece to make. Given that it is rare and other classes want it to make books or wurm slayers, probably wont get a lot of traction since folks rather not have additional competition for the item they want.

Clearly you fall into that category with your response.
  15. flash000 Augur

if the pet timer on the invested version was 10 to15 seconds instead of 5 it would be alot better.
  16. Tucoh Augur

I'd rather see the pets buffed to be competitive DPS instead of the ratio increased. Right now they're too short term and don't do enough damage to be a big consideration.
  17. Avory Augur

Ranger tanks!
  18. Ruven_BB Augur

I'd rather see it better than a weapon introduced roughly a year ago on proc and damage. This should be in the top tier of weapons given what is required to get it for this expansion. As it stands, its crap, on par with raid weapons 4 expansions ago.

Ruven
    fransisco likes this.
  19. Ruven_BB Augur

So I played with the Invested Spike Scale Whip vs Hornscale Blade.

Looking at offhand damage, on a red conned combat dummy, I parsed 10,046 dps with the whip compared to 12,637 with the Hornscale regular damage, non burn (sustained damage).

The Hornscale is roughly 25 percent more damage, doesn't require group work and a rare raid drop.

This weapon should be attractive to more than one class in the game that can use it in special circumstances, and needs its damage delay improved.

Ruven
    Tevik and Kohnn like this.
  20. Kohnn Elder

*like* X2 to see this thing at level with other Eok raid weapons