Call of the Forsaken HA's.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by demoria7, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Millianna Augur

If that is the case, then return the exp to where it was during the launch of each expansion. Most of the zone had there experiences modified upon roll out of new expansion. The 91 to 100 crowd of new players is who would benefit the most. The top two things they complain about is gear, and being doomed to HAs all day long.
  2. Cicelee Augur

What you want is for XP to be given on trash, so that players can request a HA, kill all the mobs in it, drop the HA, and request the same one and rinse/repeat. If that isn't being doomed to HA's all day long, then what the halfling?

Now you do a HA, hail at the end, then get a six hour lockout. How are you "doomed all day"?

I think I lose IQ when I try and understand certain things...
    svann, Belexes and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  3. Millianna Augur

The amount of exp given per HA should be comparable to killing the same amount of mobs in similar zones. If you want the exp to remain on the hail, then fine, but the overall exp from the HA needs be nerfed to keep in line with similar content. HAs have become the new HZ for anyone under 101 because of efficiency in exp and loot.
  4. Duhbeast Augur

The HA's are fine IMO. Too much grobbling the nobb can make a person loony.
  5. Duhbeast Augur

6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No that is incorrect.
    Belexes likes this.
  7. GoldenFrog Augur

And yet again: "According ONLY to you."

You keep answering your own non-existant problem: Go kill the same amount of mobs in similar zones like the rest of us do. "Solved".

Whiny cry baby: "The world doesn't work the way I want it! Change JUST for me!!"

If you want some clicky drop from an 18-year old Luclin named - will you cry that you didn't get "enough exp for my troubles?" As patently absurd as that is, I'm now confident you would. That doesn't happen? Of COURSE people farm old content for bridles and more.

The game is what the game is. Move One.
    Belexes likes this.
  8. Millianna Augur

You can quit with the name calling. According to me? Go talk to return players that between 91 and 101 and see what they do and why. Been there done that and already know the answer. There is a reason these HA threads keep popping up.
  9. Millianna Augur

What about this is incorrect? Can easily gain more exp in EoK than doing CoTF HAs. Why are allowed to mass kill in EoK, but if someone does it in HA the world is ending?
    fransisco likes this.
  10. Tvarian Augur

I had my 90 alt group with someone and got half a level of xp in about 1.5 hours. That was in older content as well, in case you were wondering. Older than Gribbles is.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Belexes like this.
  11. Millianna Augur

With someone? Level and class please.
  12. Mattnaik Lorekeeper

I guess im not really understand what the OP is asking. They want the ability to get XP for mob kills instead of hail at the end for HAs in CoTF and the argument to support this is people level 91-100 have to keep doing HAs for XP? How is moving it from the hail to the mob kill going to change that? You either do the HA and get the XP (mob kills or hail) or you do something else for XP.

Or are you looking for a way to swarm kill for XP at 91-100 and not have to do a quest? you can still do this, just not in HA's...I'm honestly confused. Maybe I'm not that smart.

Edit: didn't realize that wasn't the OP saying that. my bad. i think ill just go back to camping this named...
  13. Tvarian Augur

You gave an example of a SK moloing 15 EoK mobs at once being the same as mass killing mobs in the HA. Corwhynn was right, that is incorrect, it's not the same thing.

You can't take an example of something that maybe a very small few high end players might be able to do and compare it to something you want everyone to do. Yes, I have a 105 SK, no he CANNOT molo 15 EoK mobs at once.

Also, EoK is open world, whereas HAs are instanced. You seem to want instant mobs at your fingertips all the time.

The thing that really gets me is that the OP stated that they wanted it because of limited playing time. How fast does a group go through these HA's now? A really good group will do Gribbles #3 first, pop their lesson of the devoted, and then complete Gribbles #1 and 2 within the 30 minutes that the lesson is up. A good group will get through one of the 2 remaining Gribbles after a lesson pop. When you look at it this way, there should be no reason why a person can't do a Gribbles now in a group within a half hour (choose the first one), or 45 minutes (choose the 2nd one), or an hour (choose the 3rd one). Choose the one that fits into the time you have to play. If you only have 15 minutes to play, then don't try to do a HA... pretty simple.
  14. Belexes ForumQuester

No, you are not confused, they are. If you read some of the posts from this account, you see this incoherent arguing as a norm.

Best thing to do at this point is to stop trying to use reason and to stop responding to them.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  15. Millianna Augur

We are not necessarily talking about a group of real players. It talks me 45 minutes with my box crew 91 ish 45 minutes to complete a task. If I do not have 45 minutes there is no point in playing. As for EoK, it's not just SKs that are mass killing it other classes do it as well. Seen guildmates go from 101 to 105 in less than a day. The difference between an instance zone and a normal zone is that in a normal zone the mobs are instanced. There are more than plenty of mobs in EoK to AoE 15 ish and go pull more. No real difference then killing some and re spawning more.
  16. Gundolin Augur

Have you finished the Partisan CoTF quests? They don't have a time limit and provide a nice xp bonus on completion. Plus set you up to request the missions which give you Hero's Vitality, Resolution and Fortitude.
    Belexes likes this.
  17. Mattnaik Lorekeeper

I agree with this statement right here.
    Belexes likes this.
  18. GoldenFrog Augur

On one hand. Okay, the game will not be redesigned because you have other things to do.

On the other hand, there are TONS of things in EQ that are rewarding (yes, even EXP) in 45 min.

If the ONLY way you can find exp in 45 min is to have the game changed so you can do only these HAs, and only part of them... then this game isn't for you.

Then again, I think we already had realized this.
  19. Rakknar Elder

Actually, a really good group does all 3 Gribbles and Death Peace from skulk during a lesson burn because that's what I do with my box team.

The mobs are too easy. The HAs would be too exploitable to have exp given on the kill. You can't make the lockout at the beginning because of the bug that prevents going in or maybe you need to rearrange the group. And I definitely wouldn't want any development time spent on recoding the exp.

Finally. These cotf HAs are turning out some very unskilled players because of the lack of difficulty. Finding quality people to add to an EoK hunting party is getting harder. Plus I could never allow a person doing less dps than what pathetic mercs put out to walk away with a chase item because they had hot dice.

In short, HAs are fine.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  20. Vdidar Augur

I went from 103 80 percent in to 105 I. 1.5 hours last night in EoK.
    CrazyLarth likes this.