balance.. where art thou?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drogba, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minato Augur

Hop in serverwide monk chat i have talked to other monks about this in the past and we all agreed that a 1 million damage cranestance over an 800k one without ironfist does next to nothing for combined parses.

Im online now we can chat
  2. MrMajestykx Augur

3. Sikanle Lorekeeper

This is just silly. He's saying Iron is better than no disc, it's all situational. If its a 1 min burn sure use Iron+crane then roll into something else. If it's a 4 min fight you can use Iron at the end for full duration and get more total damage.

Crane is not much these days anyways. You can use Iron+crane and maybe get a lucky 2 mill damage. Or you can use Heel+crane and get 1.5 mill damage while burning for 600-700k. You're gunna lose more DPS clicking off Iron and popping a new disc vs just burning Heel. This tactic only worked in VOA/ROF when a nice crane hit could account for 10+ seconds of burn DPS.

Sustained DPS is its own art unless you're in a top guild where everything dies so fast it does not matter.
    MrMajestykx and Minato like this.
  4. MrMajestykx Augur

and in the end all cried...Amen
    Sindaiann likes this.
  5. Xikteny Augur

It's been like that for months. I assume it was related to shrouding at some point.
  6. drinkdrpepper New Member

crane stance opens for more than 800-1m even without scarlet cheetah fang while burning so i'm not sure what you're talking about
    you're more than welcome to believe what you want but i definitely recommend you sit in valhallah guild hall and parse it out because i assure you that you're losing dps on the burn and combined by wasting time using ironfist as anything other than an opener disc
  7. Minato Augur

again i never said i DIDNT use that combo on a straight burn but you simply want to play devils advocate on this thread. i also said join monk server wide so we could chat and you never joined so i logged. with that being said im not going to keep arguing with you good night

P.S you must have missed my whole statement on how we run so quick from event to event all my burns arent up for every event thats why i never waste ironfist to click it off unless its like a grummus burn at the end of the night
  8. drinkdrpepper New Member

the problem isn't that you're not opening correctly the problem is you're losing damage by not clicking it off because you think it's a waste and by gimping yourself you think your class is weak so you scream for buffs
    either you haven't actually parsed the difference out or you don't understand how heavily burn influences your combine etc either way there's no convincing you of anything other than your class being weak so you just keep on hootin and hollerin man eventually you'll realize you're being very inefficient
  9. EnchFWO Augur

Like life... most people run around with tunnel-vision on 24/7.
  10. Sindaiann Augur

I don't care what nerf occurs, I will still do mine. Whether its cc, dps, grp runes, dd/dot runes, net, charming, whatever it is. Ill find a way to be busy, if you don't, you are the problem. Period
    RPoo likes this.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

So why are we complaining about balance again?
    Is it dps who are bad at their class?
  12. MrMajestykx Augur

its the people behind the keys who are too worried about what others are doing instead of just embracing their damn class cuz they ENJOY playing their toon, being the best that they can be at their class, and not embracing the epeen factor. I, like others, sure enjoy making a parse or whatever, but is that ALL there is to playing your class? is it just that? Idk, there is alot I can do as a monk that lets say others cant, have helped MANY by my guild tossing out TA s to task telling them not to come because I could just flop thru it to certain points and not clearing 1000 mobs on the way thru, killing just what I need to. We all have our means and ways to enjoy our class, it isnt just raid parses and epeen waving. idk just my 2cp
  13. Yimin Augur

Oh yeah this guy is tearing it up 300 AA one hour ? me boxing with my Mag/Bst/Necro cant come close to this one guy . yeah we have balance !

Yi Min
  14. MrMajestykx Augur

I think all us melee should be more upset with the fact that there are no belts with our focus on them. True story. #thestruggleisreal
  15. Bigstomp Augur

AE aggro goes "Tank with the most healers targeting them" > "Tanks with less healers targeting them."
    Tucoh, Kravn and gotwar like this.
  16. ShammyAlt Journeyman

AFKs and wipes just means you spend a higher ratio of your time with burns running. I'm talking constant killing that tests real sustained.
  17. ShammyAlt Journeyman

I just grouped with an sk monk and bard in thuli for a 2 hour grind (me on shammy, sk and monk both wearing full TBM raid gear and using 2handers, sk at 22k aa, monk at 17k aa).
    /GU Combined: A trapper in 7348s, 1931122k @262809 ---
    #1 SK + pets 1074234k@(146234 in 7346s) [55.63%] ---
    #2 Monk + pets 637352k@(86750 in 7347s) [33.01%] ---
    #3 Caster Merc (Balanced) 136458k@(18665 in 7311s) [7.07%]

Please, show me your dps toons sustaining 150k for 2 hours non-stop killing, no breaks for burns to pop, in a group setting.

Not to mention the sk is getting max hits of 2.925 mill repeatedly (not sure what disc is doing this)
    Monk got a max hit of 940k pairing iron+crane+epics

Monk got **** for DPS increases this expansion.
  18. ShadowMan Augur

You should mention if they were tanking multiples which would inflate the sk dps and that because the sk was tanking he gets all that riposte and ds damage added in to his parse. Multiple mobs verse ds and riposte adds up pretty quickly.
    Xeladom and Kravn like this.
  19. Vrinda Augur

He's talking about mobs that are from an expansion where 105 was max level. It doesn't matter how you get 146k sustained dps over two hours, riposte or otherwise. The mobs are dying, and you're getting experience, yes? My caster dps classes can't sustain 146k dps for two solid hours, nor can they tank. My necro has been nerfed into near uselessness for far lesser "OMGzors, you're OP!" than what's highlighted in this thread.

EQ has a long history of nerfing caster dps classes for being able to kill multiple mobs at one time or for downing named mobs without using a PC tank. (Think back to the original caster AE groups in Fungus Grove, all the mana burn nerfs, fast dot nerfs, and swarm pet nerfs.) Why is it that tanks are now allowed to tank, put out high sustained dps, and kill entire trains at one time while the devs look the other way? Where, indeed, is balance? I don't expect balance to be perfect, but ... come on.

No wonder our raid composition now includes a couple of pallies, six or seven SKs and anywhere from six to nine warriors. Clearly a lot of people have rerolled as tanks because they're better dps than the supposed dps classes are. Oh! And they can tank, too!
  20. MrMajestykx Augur

yeah the probably pertinent information Shadow, good point , see if he rebutts :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.